• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• World Eater

• artangels

• theblackestday

• Tom Vercetti

22 hours ago, Wicked said:

Honestly listen to all of it, when you can. :alexz3:

I definitely will :duca: I will eventually also listen to his limited releases like those mailorder albums or w/e but the thing is he has so many of them :skull:

22 hours ago, Lazuli said:

I think it's cuz the album sounded more full and rounded when played live, vs the slightly lo-fi quality of the album. nn she did for mine tho, but she totally changed the arrangement, slowed down the song and did not even sing the chorus. :skull: I was ready to bop for my life but :skull: 

Oh yeah, it translated SO well onto the live performances.

Nn that's messy :skull: She played a very lowkey version of Mushaboom when I saw her :rip:

22 hours ago, karma police said:

Supercut is cute, but the production is so reductive at the same time. It's like I've heard "that" song 1000 times already, so

ImuyHAw.gif

ImuyHAw.gif

15 hours ago, Kang. said:

Oh boi you wronggggg on the Charli pick but I'm glad she made it high one way or another. Angel still bop after bop so I'm not finna be a hater

I don't like Sportstar quite as much as his more ... concrete songs but good to see it recognized cuz it's still great.

In ur car the radio up :katie2:

Welp

ImuyHAw.gif

Pop 2 might eventually grow on me who knows. Lucky and the Carly track are p great

14 hours ago, prézli said:

IS KELELA THIS LOW???

ImuyHAw.gif

14 hours ago, Unoriginal said:

CttF and LMK :clap3:

CttF is lowkey overrated a bit and LMK is low but :keir:

Wasn't a fan of N1A but then again I like Sucker Charli so am I really a fan? Pop2 > N1A tho :gaycat1:

There was some real garbage on Sucker, even worse than Emotional (cough cough Die Tonight) :rip: I like it as a whole though and still think that Need Ur Luv is one of her best songs :jonny:

13 hours ago, Pink Matter said:

No I agree.There's some really good songs on there. It's just Raingurl that doesn't do it for me. You know in those TV shows or scenes in films where someone is playing some obscure indie artist to show off their taste and the song they play just sounds like random noises thrown together? That's what Raingurl sounds like :rip: I'd probably like it more if her delivery wasn't as monotone but alas :michael: 

OT: Great set all around! LMK and We Know So are great songs (I just wish I listened to Dasher a lot more than I actually did). And I'm so mad at myself for not listening to Number 1 Angel until recently :jonny4: It's the definition of pop perfection. Also, that was the first time I ever heard what CupcakKe sounded like and was shook tbh :hoetenks:   And I agree. It>Pop 2(even though it's nice as well).

I'm gonna make sure I check out Fever Ray because I've saw a lot of hype for that on here. Not sure why I didn't check it out upon release.

Cut To The Feeling is nice but it's not really anything special. It's not even B-sides worthy really :michael: 

The description being lowkey accurate nn :deadbanana: 

As for Dasher, I'm with you :chick1: The album was solid but I kept coming back only to We Know So

Plunge is gewd but I'd recommend checking out Fever Ray's s/t in the first place if you haven't :jonny4: 

12 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

Our poor faves @ CRJ releasing shiz that kills our faves

LMK is good. I like the write-up for N1A a lot (though I love 3am and don't see that mentioned, even if it's a bit basic). I still dunno yet about it's placement compared to POP2. I feel it's too early to say, you know? But they are pretty different mixtapes so.

Gotcha. Guess time will tell, maybe I'll end up liking Pop 2, whew knows. 3AM was great btw, although MØ's feature was kinda unnecessary :chick1:

11 hours ago, MP2K said:

Number 1 Angel so underrated.

Now see... who the **** said CTTF wasd the best thing since Call me Maybe? SEND ME THEIR ADDRESS.

LMK :katie2:

https://pitchfork.com/features/lists-and-guides/the-100-best-songs-of-2017/?page=8

ImuyHAw.gif

• ATRL Moderator
1 hour ago, AlexisNeiers said:

Happy holidays! Update still coming later today, as scheduled

XetHHAL.gif

:eek:

Yay at Dedicated to Bobby Jameson

Time to Meet Your God, Death Patrol, Feels like GOD, Another Weekend, Dedicated to Bobby Jameson, and Acting :heart2: 

CTTF and LMK are major JAMS :alexz:

N1A making it :clap3: not you bitch slamming Pop (masterpiece) 2

4 hours ago, AlexisNeiers said:

Happy holidays! Update still coming later today, as scheduled

XetHHAL.gif

Nvm, tune in tomorrow for a supersized update

gCbNXhA.gif

5 hours ago, AlexisNeiers said:

The description being lowkey accurate nn :deadbanana: 

As for Dasher, I'm with you :chick1: The album was solid but I kept coming back only to We Know So

Plunge is gewd but I'd recommend checking out Fever Ray's s/t in the first place if you haven't :jonny4: 

Gonna make sure to check out FR out when soon! On another note:

XetHHAL.gif

cackling

gCbNXhA.gif

cackling more

LMK and Cut to the Feeling! Wig! :cries: love those songs so much. Also love to see 'Plunge' (which, btw, is very underrated and is just as good as her debut) and 'Number 1 Angel'.

Although, just saying, but Pop 2 is just as good as N1A if not better. At least because of Track 10sus.

vuhexrt.gif

Wow sis you need to leave Pop 2 alone!!!!!! But I'm happy N1A is getting the praise it deserves.

I thought Plunge would be higher tbh but that's a good spot. Wanna Sip and IDK About You are so good

Idk about all that for Carly, but stan. 

LMK :clap3:

And yes, Fever Ray > Plunge. 

21 hours ago, TRF. said:

LMK and Cut to the Feeling! Wig! :cries: love those songs so much. Also love to see 'Plunge' (which, btw, is very underrated and is just as good as her debut) and 'Number 1 Angel'.

Although, just saying, but Pop 2 is just as good as N1A if not better. At least because of Track 10sus.

vuhexrt.gif

Track 10, Lucky and Backseat are amazing, the rest however...

vuhexrt.gif

20 hours ago, Playa Playa said:

Wow sis you need to leave Pop 2 alone!!!!!! But I'm happy N1A is getting the praise it deserves.

I thought Plunge would be higher tbh but that's a good spot. Wanna Sip and IDK About You are so good

Wanna Sip and IDK About You are on my top 3, along with Mustn't Hurry :jonny:

10 hours ago, Reinvention said:

Where's the update at hunny?

ORCeBfY.gif 

enhanced-18987-1460044104-1.png?downsize=715:*&output-format=auto&output-quality=auto

KB7FJd8.png

caP8tUt.png

Spoiler

giphy.webp

dwEDN0h.png

Spoiler

This grabbed me only after the mv was released. "Skyline" may be a little repetitive, especially for a Broken Social Scene song, but its weightlessness and sonic similarity to "7/4 (Shoreline)" really got me :jonny:

nwtmVO7.png

Spoiler

I love their more experimental songs but it’s the straightforward stuff that usually end up being their best. "Crank Heart," "Hi," and now "Wondering" embody everything what's great about Xiu Xiu.

dgHqlKZ.png

Spoiler

They couldn't follow up 2014's 'Lost in the Dream' in a more perfect way than with releasing a nostalgic 11 minute long track :jonny5: At some point they should just make an album that contains nothing but epics.

A3l135l.png

Spoiler

Mix of anxiety, anger and the unknown hasn't sounded as good in years as the title track from Priests' debut.

rabUQqe.png

Spoiler

What should have been their comeback single is quite different to Slowdive's back catalogue and the actual comeback single, "Star Roving" - "Sugar for the Pill" is a gentle ballad that hits the right spot.

emT4sYN.png

9zupBE7.png

Spoiler

I lowkey like how every review of 'Mono No Aware' says the same thing - that it perfectly captures the state of ambient in 2017 - over and over again; no need to mention that I agree with this. 'Mono No Aware' features exactly what you’d expect from such compilation, like the stunning opener "Fr3sh" or the closing "Zhao Hua," but there is also a place, actually so much of it, for non-traditional stuff. "Limerence" and "Malibu" for instance have unexpected vocal parts, while the Tim Hecker-esque "Justforu" or slightly annoying, loopy "Second Mistake" explore different for this type of music landscapes.

yL4nXgc.png

Spoiler

If you had told me six months ago that I would put The National's album on my year-end list, yet alone THIS high, I would have laughed in your face. As, I don't wanna say a hater, someone who tried to get into The National so many times - because of the critics, because of my friends who like them, because of them collaborating with my faves, or because of them being mentioned in the "Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator" (:toofunny3:) - after each try I found them even more boring than I did before :deadbanana: I don’t even know why 'Sleep Well Beast' clicked with me while the other albums didn't, because it essentially isn't that different to the rest of their discography. But instead of comparing it to their previous efforts, I'm gonna say what made me love this so much - the effortlessness, the honesty, the breathtaking arrangement and the attention to detail. I don't even mind the dad-rock-y "Turtleneck," their most exciting and vibrant songs in years, disturbing the record's flow.

GFuKG1X.png

Spoiler

More replies on an ATRL thread than album sales, when will your fave?

tZidrDy.gif

hw24pbK.png

Spoiler

Even with Jack Antonoff as her right hand, Lorde delivers one of the best pop albums of the year. Lorde brought us not only total TUNES (like "Supercut," "Green Light" or "Homemade Dynamite") - 'Melodrama' at its most vulnerable feels cathartic and overwhelming.

Boys :jonny: It's so addictive, it honestly shat on N1A and VV :fan:

Wondering is one of my faves on Forget too, its so fun. Agreed with SFTP,  its mesmerizing and beautiful.

Utopia, Sleep Well Beast :clap3:

STAN for Melodrama, it literally perfectly captures what good pop music is about, she and Jack did that and they did it well.

TWOD,Slowdive,Lorde and Björk :clap3:  Cut to the feeling :mazen: not with that disgusting chorus.

Edited by Lucas32

wondering, thinking of a place, sugar :clap3: 

glad u came around with the national. they're one of the better "middle aged white male indie rock" groups. 

flutopia being a smash hit on atrl :clap3: 

Sugar for the Pill, Boys, TWOD :clap3:

Próbowałeś słuchać wcześniejszego National po SWB? Może teraz bardziej Ci się spodobają, imo naprawdę świetna dyskografia. 

• ATRL Moderator

I only like Boys and Melodrama, how basic of me!

But I'm sure I will enjoy much of the top 10 :-*  

Wondering was my fave song from last year so yas I approve :alexz:I'm also surprised at how high you ranked Mono No Aware, def a super b compilation.

Utopia not being in the top 10 doe, Björk lost.

tZidrDy.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.