Top Posters In This Topic

• World Eater

• artangels

• theblackestday

• Tom Vercetti

KB7FJd8.png

6PpltQb.png

Spoiler

On this relatable bop Miss Yelich-O'Connor finds herself dreaming of a perfect relationship, or rather dreaming about a compilation of good memories with her imaginary significant other. I especially love the extra-long outro because it's gives the listener a moment to calm down or reflect.

TJiTmY8.png

Spoiler

Blah blah blah something something AWESOME BASSLINE :sistrens: But "Pure Desire" is way beyond than that, it's another passionate love song from Tina & co.

QTLibuI.png

Spoiler

Could you hit me too hard?

Well, "Sportstar" certainly did hit me too hard, like hardly anything this year :jonny: I don''t even know what makes me love it so much - the messy autotune, the quasi-shoegaze-y breakdown or the metaphors Sandy uses throughout the song.

j3kqRI4.png

Spoiler

:katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2:

:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:

:katie2:bNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:

:katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2:

:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png

:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png

:katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2::katie2::katie2::katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png:katie2:bNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.pngbNQ7lz4.png

emT4sYN.png

hhZndqB.png

Spoiler

This...might be her best record? Idk! 'The Reminder's' highs are SO high, oh my god, but this doesn't feel overstocked despite being even longer than 'Reminder'. Aside from being more consistent, 'Pleasure' is at the same time raw and cozy. Some songs make me feel like I'm sitting with my best friend, Leslie Feist, and a couple of our other friends by a campfire and she's singing there for us. You can get sense of that by listening to "Any Party" - its finale is sung by few people - and then there's a field recording of a barking dog and a passing car from which we can hear a snippet of the album's title track.

Mmzn2SQ.png

Spoiler

You know you're either obsessed with Ariel Pink or he's a musical genius when he releases his worst album of the decade and it still makes your album list

vuhexrt.gif

1 minute ago, prézli said:

Top 20 and still no ANTHONY?

vuhexrt.gif 

Ariel tho :clap3: 

Who even said SHE'S on the list?

vuhexrt.gif

Just now, AlexisNeiers said:

Who even said SHE'S on the list?

vuhexrt.gif

Since I didn't know who was your avi until @artangels' list, SHE must be on it or I'll be crying.

vuhexrt.gif 

Just now, artangels said:

vuhexrt.gif

That's an ugly cover, I agree. :michael: SHE still can be on the Best Songs.

Supercut :heart2: Raingurl :heart2: Sportstar :heart2:

I had no motivation to fully listen to the albums here but I'm glad you enjoyed them! Ariel is still a King.

Just now, prézli said:

That's an ugly cover, I agree. :michael: SHE still can be on the Best Songs.

it was about EPs sis :foot: 

1 minute ago, artangels said:

it was about EPs sis :foot: 

That one was only 5 EPs and ha makes 50 Songs.

4 minutes ago, artangels said:

n8lIg9V.png

AS4jxga.gif

nooo :ahh:

Supercut :heart2: 

1 hour ago, artangels said:

n8lIg9V.png

AS4jxga.gif

hbsfdjdsf ICONIC :ahh:

7 minutes ago, Αnt said:

Supercut is amazing. The lyrics, production, everything. Melodrama truly is flawless.

Hope she releases this as the final single :'(

omg that "Anohni" FB post :deadbanana:

Awesome write-up for Pleasure. The way you describe Any Party is probably why it's my fave pick from that record - and you explained it better than me! I love Supercut too, but it was more of an instant love whereas now I'm enjoying other tracks

Raingurl:

CUd7ZORUYAEimgA.jpg 

Edited by Ewan Chaos

I like the production of Pure Desire but I can't get past the vocals :'(

Supercut, Raingurl & Sportstar especially :heart2: 

Love Pleasure (the song) but for some reason I couldn't really get through her whole album without getting slightly bored. 

Die 4 You is probably one of the best songs about sex ever tbh

I didnt like Hang at all, but glad you loved it

Supercut and Raingurl are both BOPS

Loved Pleasure ans i agree, it might be my fave record of hers

• ATRL Moderator

Supercut is my least favourite song on Melodrama :emofish: the 'in my head I do everything right' is still :jonny5:

Raingurl and Sportstar :clap3:

Pleasure was a nice single. Never got round to the album because I'm a mess

2 hours ago, Ewan Chaos said:

omg that "Anohni" FB post :deadbanana:

Awesome write-up for Pleasure. The way you describe Any Party is probably why it's my fave pick from that record - and you explained it better than me! I love Supercut too, but it was more of an instant love whereas now I'm enjoying other tracks

Raingurl:

CUd7ZORUYAEimgA.jpg 

Thanks :heart2: Any Party and AMINHS are so good, the former almost made my song list :jonny:

And Supercut...

tenor.gif

2 hours ago, Tom Vercetti said:

I like the production of Pure Desire but I can't get past the vocals :'(

Supercut, Raingurl & Sportstar especially :heart2: 

Love Pleasure (the song) but for some reason I couldn't really get through her whole album without getting slightly bored. 

The vocals are the main reason people can't get into them so I can't blame you for that nn

As for Pleasure, I didn't care that much about the album when it first came out and I probably still wouldn't if it wasn't for certain members who kept posting on my album thread months after the album's release :toofunny3:

1 hour ago, ChapelHooker said:

Die 4 You is probably one of the best songs about sex ever tbh

I didnt like Hang at all, but glad you loved it

Supercut and Raingurl are both BOPS

Loved Pleasure ans i agree, it might be my fave record of hers

tenor.gif

14 minutes ago, Unoriginal said:

Supercut is my least favourite song on Melodrama :emofish: the 'in my head I do everything right' is still :jonny5:

Raingurl and Sportstar :clap3:

Pleasure was a nice single. Never got round to the album because I'm a mess

tenor.gif

You better give iT a listen or at least stream Century and Any Party

O6kv1R2.png

Sportstar and Rainbop :katie2:

Couldn't get into Pleasure. Dedicated is a cute girl.

vuhexrt.gif

Raingurl :katie2:

Supergarbage didn't deserve any praise

Pleasure :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.