Final: rep 1.267m/1.29m

Duca

3 minutes ago, Divine said:

His album has 45 songs

Mystery solved. :cm:

Another new trick for artists to consider when wanting to flatter their SPS.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slw84

• simmnfierzig

• Timber

• Blue Honeymoon

7 minutes ago, Divine said:

His album has 45 songs

I know but I didn’t think it would actually work this well :rip:

54 minutes ago, Rentboy said:

They know Adele is in another Galaxy. So they use Britney instead. More attainable.

And Adele shattered every record. I think Nsyncs record was 2.2 million.

Good point. Realistic sales are more like 500k. If you remove the fan exploitation tactics.

QArNFJA.gif

Why are the Hive running in here trying to hide behind Adele and drag someone who is about to outsell Lemonade in 2-3 weeks :deadbanana: 

15 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Well, that is true. While Taylor is obviously super popular and a sales force, she uses every cheap trick and gimmick to sell albums. I mean... the magazines, the UPS deal, the no streaming/no individual tracks for sale on iTunes, the "buy as much albums and Taylor merchandise  as you can" to get tour tickets... 

While Britney and Adele just put her albums for sale and promoted on  some TV shows.

Britney released her album at the PEAK of album sales :lmao: 25, 1989, Reputation, and even Red doing numbers that are similar/destroyed that number (25) in the sales climates in which they were released is far more impressive :sorry: 

29 minutes ago, flowcoast said:

25 sold 1,49M first day

Billboard reported 900k sorry 

28 minutes ago, abrahamjmr said:

:laugh: 

Are you really thinking he's doing less than 400-500k? :ahh: 

YES 

14 minutes ago, hellocory said:

Britney released her album at the PEAK of album sales :lmao: 25, 1989, Reputation, and even Red doing numbers that are similar/destroyed that number (25) in the sales climates in which they were released is far more impressive :sorry: 

Well... Before Speak Now's release, Britney was the only female ever to sell more than a million albums in the first week of release, so it wasn't that easy to achieve as you try to make it seem. Madonna, Mariah, Whitney, Christina, Beyoncé, Avril...no album of them reached the million sales in its first week.

And my point still stands. No matter if it's not as impressive, but Britney (and Adele) got their records just by releasing an album and promotiong it normally, while Taylor used every single cheap trick and gimmick she and her team could think of to inflate record sales and make fans buy as much copies as possible.

Edited by Blue Honeymoon

9 minutes ago, hellocory said:

:cm:

QueenofCopyPaste

The way the thread increased in posts :rip:

6 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Well... Before Speak Now's release, Britney was the only female ever to sell more than a million albums in the first week of release, so it wasn't that easy to achieve as you try to make it seem. Madonna, Mariah, Whitney, Christina, Beyoncé, Avril...no album of them reached the million sales in its first week.

And my point still stands. No matter if it's not as impressive, but Britney (and Adele) got their records just by releasing and album and promotiong it normally, while Taylor used every single cheap trick and gimmick she and her team could think of to inflate record sales and make fans buy as much copies as possible.

And? Britney was the biggest star of her time, but Taylor is a bigger commercial force than Britney ever was in the USA. 

Taylor released an album (that she wanted people to buy) in the worst album climate ever. She outsold the #1 album this year in 3 days. She has more power than Britney ever did in the USA and her selling 1.3M in this climate is more impressive than Britney debuting with 1.3M in a year when 4 other albums sold 1M+ in a week :sorry: 

Edited by hellocory

2 minutes ago, Blue Honeymoon said:

Well... Before Speak Now's release, Britney was the only female ever to sell more than a million albums in the first week of release, so it wasn't that easy to achieve as you try to make it seem.

And my point still stands. No matter if it's not as impressive, but Britney (and Adele) got their records just by releasing and album and promotiong it normally, while Taylor used every single cheap trick and gimmick she and her team could think of to inflate record sales and make fans buy as much copies as possible.

Just because she cares about the packaging of her albums (unlike pretty much the rest of pop stars)  doesn't mean it's a cheap trick :toofunny2:  

QueenofCopyPaste
43 minutes ago, TattooedDreams said:

NSYNC was 2.4M. A monster record and Adele managed to break it. They sold 1.1M first day though which neither taylor or Adele broke. Britney stans drag taylor so her fans just want revenge. 

Adele's 1st day is 1.5 million+

900k from iTunes alone

The magazines 

the UPS deal

the no streaming/no individual tracks for sale on iTunes 

the "buy as much albums and Taylor merchandise as you can" to get tour tickets

the different posters

I mean she was already getting desperate with 13 different sets of polaroids in 1989 but she's so insecure this era, she must be aware that the album has no hits 

QArNFJA.gif

Typically, the "Reputation" marketing/promo strategy has been already use as a "perfect case" of what a team/label have to do to keep an artist at the top. Very smart strategy! 

2 minutes ago, Loveyoubxtch said:

Just because she cares about the packaging of her albums (unlike pretty much the rest of pop stars)  doesn't mean it's a cheap trick :toofunny2:  

Oh please! The only reason she's releasing two different magazines is because she wants her fans to buy two copies of the same album. If she really cared just for the packaging, she would have made only one version of the magazine, or include both magazines in every copy of the album.

5 minutes ago, Nialler said:

The magazines 

the UPS deal

the no streaming/no individual tracks for sale on iTunes 

the "buy as much albums and Taylor merchandise as you can" to get tour tickets

the different posters

I mean she was already getting desperate with 13 different sets of polaroids in 1989 but she's so insecure this era, she must be aware that the album has no hits 

hot-milf-1456255381.gif

Edited by Rentboy

People complaining about these sales when she's selling more that everyone's faves WW with first week's sales from the USA alone and without streaming points which everyone has :dies:

Just now, tiagol88 said:

People complaining about these sales when she's selling more that everyone's faves WW with first week's sales from the USA alone and without streaming points which everyone has :dies:

Not my fave

1 minute ago, hellocory said:

And? Britney was the biggest star of her time, but Taylor is a bigger commercial force than Britney ever was in the USA. 

Taylor released an album (that she wanted people to buy) in the worst album climate ever. She outsold the #1 album this year in 3 days. She has more power than Britney ever did in the USA and her selling 1.3M in this climate is more impressive than Britney debuting with 1.3M in a year when 4 other albums sold 1M+ in a week :sorry: 

I'm not denying anything you said. Of course Taylor is incredible popular and a sales force, but she's using cheap tricks and gimmicks to practically force her stans to buy multiple copies of the same album.

I get that she's competitive and smart, but she's just waaaaay too greedy and extra.

30mxs79.jpg

Some Swift fan has put reputation in this already, Cheek.

Edited by Rentboy

1 minute ago, flowcoast said:

Not my fave

Adele is the only exception. We all know Taylor will have the best selling female album since her last one excluding Adele. 

She's the 2nd biggest female act and there's no way to try and deny it.

Reading this topic you'd think the woman is flopping with a Witness sized mess of an era.

Edited by tiagol88

People are still trying to paint these numbers as anything other than amazing :ahh:

People comparing her numbers to 25's to make them seem underwhelming as if 25 didn't destroy *NSYNC's record in a much worse market :toofunny3:

If selling less than 25 first week is underwhelming then poor every other album ever.

Edited by By the Water

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.