Billboard Charts (October 8-14, 2017)

iHype.

In what universe was Fetty Wap massive? This site continues to embarrass itself straight towards 2018.

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pacaveli

• miguel

• PurrKaty

• simmnfierzig

6 minutes ago, Hanzo said:

Is this without youtube?

Thank you btw!

Obviously it's with Youtube. 

But just estimates for the US numbers from the WW numbers, instead of the straight up US numbers.

1 minute ago, dussymob said:

In what universe was Fetty Wap massive? This site continues to embarrass itself straight towards 2018.

Summer of 2015 he was actually pretty big. Trap Queen and 679

1 minute ago, B-Rabbit said:

Summer of 2015 he was actually pretty big. Trap Queen and 679

He was as big as MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice in the 90s. 

Edit: on second thought they was bigger.

Edited by dussymob

3 minutes ago, dussymob said:

He was as big as MC Hammer and Vanilla Ice in the 90s. 

Edit: on second thought they was bigger.

He was big for one summer. That's been pretty much my point on why Post is bigger

8 minutes ago, B-Rabbit said:

He was big for one summer. That's been pretty much my point on why Post is bigger

Exactly, but some in here tryna claim he’s a huge artist or some ****. 

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Final? predictions

6 Thunder     254  (+1)

7 Sorry Not Sorry     250 (+1)  

8 Mi Gente     250  (-5)

Make it happen :jonny3:

There was a massive Fetty Wap bandwagon on my college campus throughout 2015. I heard him everywhere.

Turns out he was just a fad though. Post has been taking off for 2 years so he's showing more promise for longevity already.

2 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

1 Bodak Yellow     414  (=)

2 Rockstar     392  (=)

how sure are you about this?

4 minutes ago, MusicTalker said:

There was a massive Fetty Wap bandwagon on my college campus throughout 2015. I heard him everywhere.

Turns out he was just a fad though. Post has been taking off for 2 years so he's showing more promise for longevity already.

Both Fetty Wap and Post Malone performed at Kylie Jenner's bday in 2015. Crazy how much different their careers have been since then

2 hours ago, dussymob said:

he was massive enough to be Billboard's 2015 Top New Artist of the year based on their year long chart stats http://www.billboard.com/charts/year-end/2015/top-new-artists

just cuz he'll prob stay a fad doesnt invalidate the fact he was pretty huge at some point.

Edited by okgo

Fight for that new peak Demi!!! :duca: 

35 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Having been alive and over 25 and in the industry st the time, I can assure you that Vanilla Ice was massive with the Double punch of play that funky music and ice ice there was no escaping him,

while it it was a fad, that's more than most artists get in their career.

That’s why I said they were bigger.

far as i can gather, 90s born girls who've led multiple t5s:

good for you/same old love*

fancy/widow

bass*/lips*/no*

problem/break free/bang/side

climb*/party*/stop*/wrecking*

56 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Disagree. There was also no escaping Fetty Wap in 2015.

mc hammer yes, he actually lasted a few years. But on the other hand was never as huge as either vanilla or ice during their peaks.

Tf are you even talking about dude!?!?? :huh:

13 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

Mc hammer had five top 10 hits over three years. He had a #1, 2 and 19 albums in 90-94.

so yes he certainly had more longevity than vanilla or Fetty,  however  none of that compares to the peak popularity of either ice ice baby or trap queen,

it really comes down to what people value as the most  important who they are going to call "bigger"

I also very much remember ATRL at the time, and yes, Fetty was quite raved about in the weekly bB threads.

And I remember I kept talking everyone here that Fetty is a fad.

6 minutes ago, ChartsFan said:

I'm not sure what the fascination is with the word fad, instead of focusing on his very successful yesr in bb history,

I’m focusing on the fact that I was right about his temporary trend since everyone made it seem like he would be the next big rapper. He was trash and his music was trash. Get over it.

5 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

Disagree. There was also no escaping Fetty Wap in 2015.

mc hammer yes, he actually lasted a few years. But on the other hand was never as huge as either vanilla or ice during their peaks.

Really? "U Can't Touch This," which heavily sampled Rick James' "Superfreak," was everywhere in 1990. Please Hammer Don't Hurt 'Em spent 20 weeks at #1 on the (pre-SS) BB 200, and became the first Rap album (and only for about a decade) to sell 10 M copies. The only reason Touch missed out on hitting #1 (#8 peak, but still #1 Urban) was because his label refused (at least in the US) to release any other single configuration besides the 12" maxi-vinyl. Hammer also created that new dance, the typewriter, in Touch's video, which was all the rage in 1990.

Hammer's "Have You Seen Her" (#4) and "Pray" (#2) peaked higher because they were released as cassingles. Seen went Gold, and Pray went Platinum. "Ice Ice Baby" was also virtually inescapable (and sampled Queen's/Bowie's "Under Pressure" WITHOUT their permission), but Baby had the huge advantage of having a cassingle release to help it hit #1 and go Platinum. Yes, Vanilla Ice danced in his Baby video, but he didn't really create any other craze short of shaving lines in his eyebrows lol. 

8 hours ago, UNNAMI said:

how sure are you about this?

Pretty sure

Especially if the HDD streaming numbers are correct I don't see how Rockstar would be #1 this week

3 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Pretty sure

Especially if the HDD streaming numbers are correct I don't see how Rockstar would be #1 this week

Thank you. 

3 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Pretty sure

Do you mean this one?

http://hitsdailydouble.com/streaming_songs

I feel like this chart is the one for last week (so it's incorrect). Just lookt at Mi Gente jumping from #22 to #4, which doesn't make any sense considering that Mi Gente was already top 5 on the On-Demand Streaming Chart this week:

http://www.billboard.com/charts/streaming-songs

1 minute ago, Green said:

Do you mean this one?

http://hitsdailydouble.com/streaming_songs

I feel like this chart is the one for last week (so it's incorrect). Just lookt at Mi Gente jumping from #22 to #4, which doesn't make any sense considering that Mi Gente was already top 5 on the On-Demand Streaming Chart this week:

http://www.billboard.com/charts/streaming-songs

No it's this week. 

Mi Gente last week just didn't include the remix. Happened before that it took them some time to include remix for songs. Same thing happened with Despacito

20 hours ago, simmnfierzig said:

Final? predictions

1 Bodak Yellow     414  (=) nice lil 4 week #1. Rockstar will get many weeks with a video release in a week or two

2 Rockstar     392  (=)

6 Thunder     254  (+1)

7 Sorry Not Sorry     250 (+1)  will probably peak at #6 next week  

11 Despacito     232  (-2) :clap3:

54 No Limit       93  (+5) aww well hopefully a video will make it boost higher

7wGAzgD.gif

Edited by slw84