Billboard Charts (October 8-14, 2017)

iHype.

18 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

They came so close to landing two songs in the top 10, with believer leaving and thunder entering.

They're about to string along the next longest consecutive top 10 streak

• Replies 806
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pacaveli

• miguel

• PurrKaty

• simmnfierzig

Im crying at Tell Me You Love Meat :ahh::ahh::ahh: 

Im crying at Tell Me You Love Meat :ahh::ahh::ahh: 

Oh wow Queen Taylor predicted to rise to number 4 next week. :eek: Longevity Queen! :clap3:

Sam Smith, Demi and the QUEEN! :alexz: We love multi week top 10 hit singles :fan:

ONhY3gT.gif

Sam Smith, Demi and the QUEEN! :alexz: We love multi week top 10 hit singles :fan:

ONhY3gT.gif

4 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Early predictions looking at streaming and a quick glance at iTunes and radio, sorry @simmnfierzig I don’t think Cardi B will get a fourth week.

1. rockstar (+1)

2. Bodak Yellow (-1)

3. 1-800... (+1)

4. Look What You Made Me Do (+1)

5. Thunder (+2)

6. Feel It Still  (=)

7. Sorry Not Sorry (+1)

8. Despacito (+1)

9. Mi Gente (-6)

10. Believer (+1)

11. Too Good At Goodbyes

12. Unforgettable 

Havana?

3 hours ago, PurrKaty said:

I wouldn't say these were flash in the pan songs by any means :confused: 

Starboy - 19 weeks top 10 / 30 weeks on chart

Humble - 15 weeks top 10 / 27 weeks on chart

That's What I Like - 28 weeks top 10 - 38 weeks on chart

I'm The One - 15 weeks top 10 - 22 weeks on chart

I mean in time spent at #1. I was worn out when I typed this last night (sorry to make an excuse here, but it's true), and I should've better clarified myself. I wish the three super long #1s had spent 8-10 weeks at #1, and the above mentioned songs could've had 3-4 weeks each. However, it must be noted, I'm The One had poor longevity after leaving the Top 10, so maybe 2 weeks for it.

In other words, I would've rather had the times all of the songs spent at #1 better evened out. Honestly, given his excessive longevity, Bruno Mars should've had 5-6 #1 weeks. Maybe this makes more sense. Close to the same overall #1s, but with better stays for each individual single.

5 hours ago, ChartsFan said:

I expect within 2 years to see streaming move to a recurrent system like radio. At least as far as BB/Nielsen and charts/tracking.

Yeah, I think this probably needs to happen. While SOY simply has incredible airplay longevity (as did LY), most songs hang around forever due to YT streams. I'm thinking a 25/26 rule for the T 50 HSS, at which time BB would cease to count at least YT streams, after falling below that threshold.

ODS isn't the problem here though, and neither are the radio streams. YT streams should be halved though, which could eliminate the need for the above mentioned 25/26 HSS rule. The typical order of components in which songs burn out is sales, airplay, ODS, and YT views.

If you I back to UF era of and the huge smashes before it, sales contributed significantly to songs point totals much longer than they do today. TOL, SIO, AATB, AOM, DH, BL, Happy, and TS all sold 40k units for almost their entire time in the H 100. Only JT's Feeling had a somewhat similar scenario, but even here to a lesser extent than those from UF backward.

Of course, I'm no fan of recurrency rules above #50 (despite what I mentioned above), but Gary and Silvio obviously saw this coming when they put in 25/52. Since the rule is here to stay, I just wish they could've/would've counter balanced 25/52 with changing 50/20/-2 to 50/26/-4. Since DLMD and CSTF had sales gains in week 53, they deserved two more weeks.At least with 50/26/-4 the lower level H 100 longevity should be better balanced with songs 26-50.

As for an additional chart component. I have already discussed adding purchased plays from electronic jukeboxes with Silvio, and he says that's something BB has already discussed. Having another metric added in would help even out things here too. Since people buy these songs, they straddle the line between sales and streaming.

2 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

I mean in time spent at #1. I was worn out when I typed this last night (sorry to make an excuse here, but it's true), and I should've better clarified myself. I wish the three super long #1s had spent 8-10 weeks at #1, and the above mentioned songs could've had 3-4 weeks each. However, it must be noted, I'm The One had poor longevity after leaving the Top 10, so maybe 2 weeks for it.

In other words, I would've rather had the times all of the songs spent at #1 better evened out. Honestly, given his excessive longevity, Bruno Mars should've had 5-6 #1 weeks. Maybe this makes more sense. Close to the same overall #1s, but with better stays for each individual single.

There was a lot of competition right before Despactio’s reign, so each song was lucky enough to get a week at #1 which is rare in the streaming era, this year’s #1’s run has been similar to 2010’s. Many single #1’s and several few week #1’s. Many thought That’s What I Like would get 2-3 weeks, but Despacito blew up too fast. Wild Thoughts sadly was blocked though.

Edited by Mattyboy

2 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

There was a lot of competition right before Despactio’s reign, so each song was lucky enough to get a week at #1 which is rare in the streaming era, this year’s #1’s run has been similar to 2010’s. Many single #1’s and several few week #1’s. Many thought That’s What I Like would get 2-3 weeks, but Despacito blew up too fast. Wild Thoughts sadly was blocked though.

If Despacito didn't blow up so fast and stayed there for so long, TWIL and WT would have dominated summer. I agree YT streams should be adjusted, anyone with an account can stream the same song over and over again on Spotify  But YT we are talking about anyone streaming it it counts towards it, they should, in fact, be taken into consideration but toe them down a bit, can't influence a song going straight to number one. 

4 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

As for an additional chart component. I have already discussed adding purchased plays from electronic jukeboxes with Silvio, and he says that's something BB has already discussed. Having another metric added in would help even out things here too. Since people buy these songs, they straddle the line between sales and streaming.

What is "purchased plays from electronic jukeboxes"? What does this mean? 

Omg the Killers had the biggest drop from #1 ever i guess? #59 second week :deadbanana3:

13 hours ago, Mattyboy said:

Early predictions looking at streaming and a quick glance at iTunes and radio, sorry @simmnfierzig I don’t think Cardi B will get a fourth week.

1. rockstar (+1)

2. Bodak Yellow (-1)

3. 1-800... (+1)

4. Look What You Made Me Do (+1)

5. Thunder (+2)

6. Feel It Still  (=)

7. Sorry Not Sorry (+1)

8. Despacito (+1)

9. Mi Gente (-6)

10. Believer (+1)

11. Too Good At Goodbyes

12. Unforgettable 

If SNS can actually snatch #7 :jonny3: 

6 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

Yeah, I think this probably needs to happen. While SOY simply has incredible airplay longevity (as did LY), most songs hang around forever due to YT streams. I'm thinking a 25/26 rule for the T 50 HSS, at which time BB would cease to count at least YT streams, after falling below that threshold.

ODS isn't the problem here though, and neither are the radio streams. YT streams should be halved though, which could eliminate the need for the above mentioned 25/26 HSS rule. The typical order of components in which songs burn out is sales, airplay, ODS, and YT views.

If you I back to UF era of and the huge smashes before it, sales contributed significantly to songs point totals much longer than they do today. TOL, SIO, AATB, AOM, DH, BL, Happy, and TS all sold 40k units for almost their entire time in the H 100. Only JT's Feeling had a somewhat similar scenario, but even here to a lesser extent than those from UF backward.

Of course, I'm no fan of recurrency rules above #50 (despite what I mentioned above), but Gary and Silvio obviously saw this coming when they put in 25/52. Since the rule is here to stay, I just wish they could've/would've counter balanced 25/52 with changing 50/20/-2 to 50/26/-4. Since DLMD and CSTF had sales gains in week 53, they deserved two more weeks.At least with 50/26/-4 the lower level H 100 longevity should be better balanced with songs 26-50.

Can you break this down simpler? Lol

On 9/10/2017 at 0:30 PM, Dessy Fenix said:

#3, you say? 

ONhY3gT.gif

But Atrl told me she can't get another top 5 hit?

ONhY3gT.gif

Why she outdid the other pop girls then?

ONhY3gT.gif

Talent and Charity actually won?

ONhY3gT.gif

The haters pressed?

ONhY3gT.gif

People really praising Beyoncé and bragging about her gettin' a top 3? It's thanks to the airplay and streaming (video) dominated by the original version. 

Billboard really needs to revise the rules, they're pretty unfair. 

51 minutes ago, RajibDavid said:

People really praising Beyoncé and bragging about her gettin' a top 3? It's thanks to the airplay and streaming (video) dominated by the original version. 

I agree. The other don't stand a chance

ONhY3gT.gif

53 minutes ago, RajibDavid said:

Well it did go from being in the low Top 20 to high Top 5 in a week so...

9 hours ago, brianc33616 said:

Yeah I get what you mean. I agree with this mostly. Even if we had the same amount of #1's but the runs were more even the charts would be more exciting I feel. Reading about the same song at #1 for 16 weeks is boring.  I liked that LWYMMD and BY both got 3 weeks and Rockstar looks to take over this or next week. Hopefully it can continue the trend and get like 3-6 weeks. I'm nervous if Rockstar gets a good video that it might be another 10 weeker. I like the song a lot but it wouldn't deserve that many weeks imo :dancehall:

2 hours ago, RajibDavid said:

Mediabase lists the remix, so all radio points go to thatONhY3gT.gif

16 minutes ago, asanders10795544 said:

Mediabase lists the remix, so all radio points go to thatONhY3gT.gif

2 hours ago, swissman said:

Well it did go from being in the low Top 20 to high Top 5 in a week so...

Entirely due to there being an established and successful original version... if the remix with Beyonce was a stand-alone new track it wouldn’t have went top 10