PLATINUM HIT 11▴ congratulations aurora ♛

Jackson

• ATRL Moderator

:toofunny2: gives a difficult challenge then judges the result without considering the challenge at hand. I'm not following any of the rules of this challenge, I want my 10 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Jackson

• UFO

• ceremonials

how did you both exhume those bodies so quickly

4 minutes ago, Hug said:

Gamefreak being mom bird nerfing gale wings

Good it needed to be 

we LOVE Prankster not working on dark types :gaycat4:

2 minutes ago, Gastrodonatella said:

not us both fishing up this old tea :ahh: 

I quoted it from your post, I don't pay enough attention to remember something like that. Great find though, completely validates the already valid issues I brought up. 

• ATRL Moderator

@Corsola did you ever get danganronpa v3 or were you planning to? :gaycat3:

---

OT: boom boom bam. Ceremonials is a babe and is an amazing judge. Jackson is okay too

8 minutes ago, Tsareena said:

@Corsola did you ever get danganronpa v3 or were you planning to? :gaycat3:

---

OT: boom boom bam. Ceremonials is a babe and is an amazing judge. Jackson is okay too

Hello, this is moderator Hug speaking with an important message. Adding OT to a post does NOT make it immune to the off topic warning point. If you get points for off topic and you had OT: in your post and decide to appeal on that ground, you will not get your point reversed.

Just letting you guys know this for the future. I do not personally warn for off topic unless it's disruptively so (and never in Games because I feel it's a more casual section in general), but other mods may do so and they aren't wrong for it!

• ATRL Moderator
2 minutes ago, Hug said:

Hello, this is moderator Hug speaking with an important message. Adding OT to a post does NOT make it immune to the off topic warning point. If you get points for off topic and you had OT: in your post and decide to appeal on that ground, you will not get your point reversed.

Just letting you guys know this for the future. I do not personally warn for off topic unless it's disruptively so (and never in Games because I feel it's a more casual section in general), but other mods may do so and they aren't wrong for it!

:eek: (lemme start reporting some gurls in base threads :fan:)

i've always been open about the fact that i don't judge much based on the challenge (i would take off points if you didn't follow it at all obviously). most other judges do though. sam even made us score it in s8

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

i've always been open about the fact that i don't judge much based on the challenge (i would take off points if you didn't follow it at all obviously). most other judges do though. sam even made us score it in s8

Why are you telling me to stop being poetic then :skull: 

1 minute ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Why are you telling me to stop being poetic then :skull: 

my reviews aren't directly correlated to my score. just because i want you to improve and branch out doesn't mean i score you negatively because of it 

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

my reviews aren't directly correlated to my score. just because i want you to improve and branch out doesn't mean i score you negatively because of it 

Me writing a diss track, which is what you probably should've based the challenge on rather than 'rap' in general since that seems to be all you were accepting of, isn't improvement or branching out. I've went with a lot of different themes throughout my entries already, so I don't buy this "I want you to branch out" thing, but if I choose to have a poetic style which I approach my entries based on, it's kind of ****ty as a host to tell somebody to go against their style. If anything you could be encouraging and nurturing their uniqueness, like Austin and Moonchild did for me. 

Just now, Citrus said:

Too many pages for me to read can somebody summarize

We bitched

/endthread

9 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Me writing a diss track, which is what you probably should've based the challenge on rather than 'rap' in general since that seems to be all you were accepting of, isn't improvement or branching out. I've went with a lot of different themes throughout my entries already, so I don't buy this "I want you to branch out" thing, but if I choose to have a poetic style which I approach my entries based on, it's kind of ****ty as a host to tell somebody to go against their style. If anything you could be encouraging and nurturing their uniqueness, like Austin and Moonchild did for me. 

n what? one of my 9s i gave to saint had 0 elements of a diss track. rap is more than just poetry or whatever you want it to be. it will always be a good thing to encourage contestants to branch out, and whether you think you do or not you do have a very specific, distinct style. which there's nothing wrong with, but it never hurts to try something new, or you're never going to progress in your writing 

4 minutes ago, Jackson said:

n what? one of my 9s i gave to saint had 0 elements of a diss track. rap is more than just poetry or whatever you want it to be. it will always be a good thing to encourage contestants to branch out, and whether you think you do or not you do have a very specific, distinct style. which there's nothing wrong with, but it never hurts to try something new, or you're never going to progress in your writing 

It's not your choice to decide how I progress in my writing. You are not a dictator :skull: 

2 hours ago, Hug said:

We're gonna have another low-average round, and idk why we even have these type of challenges when the cast has shown that, collectively, we can't write entries even worthy of a 5.0 score with a relatively easier challenge. Is it "good" for the contestants? Maybe you could make a case for it being so, but I'm going to go with no. You're just going to get another round with a bunch of worse-than-mediocre entries (I'm just assuming y'all have had whole conversations about how the contestants are **** for mostly every week) and the only thing that does is demotivates judges and contestants.

If I were a judge, I'd want an easy challenge for once just so I can read something that isn't 3 or below worthy. :rip: 

This is fair! I was bitchier than I've ever been when I scored this round, so sorry if that contributed to any ill will! I take into account how much I think the song fits the challenge probably more than anyone else, so that's why mine were so low.

1 hour ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

Girls World Talk Show was absolutely TRAGIC. I'm talking about Thinking About You, Girl (1.88) clearly

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

Thinking About You, Girl was a solid 6.5

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

1 hour ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Who the hell made a rule book on what a rap song has to be? Rapping is a type of delivery not a theme or a style. If that was rap to me, then that was rap to me. You can't just say my way of writing is not appropriate. I can write however I damn please. 

! ! !

Yes and no, imo. We don't hear your delivery, so we have to go based off of the words. It's like in any other PH song where the lines work if they're sung a certain way, but we don't hear it sung so we can only find the flow in the written portion. 

45 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

The contradictions, when will they end? 

I was right about that when I said it at least :eddie: 

1 minute ago, Citrus said:

Yes and no, imo. We don't hear your delivery, so we have to go based off of the words.

unless you're me :eli:  

1 minute ago, Citrus said:

Yes and no, imo. We don't hear your delivery, so we have to go based off of the words. It's like in any other PH song where the lines work if they're sung a certain way, but we don't hear it sung so we can only find the flow in the written portion. 

He literally said to be poetic in a rap song is not appropriate. Who decides that. It's just complete bs to say a rap song cannot be poetic and that you need to change your style to be more "appropriate". That's pure ass. And it's then contradicted this week by telling people to be poetic. You can't go back and forth with what you say like this, it can't be good to be poetic one week and then bad the next week, writing IS subjective and without rule, this is not a sport where you can be penalised for not following a rule book, so it makes zero sense to say those things and isn't at all helpful to the contestants which, I may remind everybody, is the point of being a judge, helping people rather than just acting like an asshole. 

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

It's not your choice to decide how I progress in my writing. You are not a dictator :skull: 

never said that, never would say that. you obviously need the push to try new things, though. that's what i'm here for. it's your job to decide what works and what doesn't 

1 minute ago, keshaspearsxo said:

He literally said to be poetic in a rap song is not appropriate. Who decides that. It's just complete bs to say a rap song cannot be poetic and that you need to change your style to be more "appropriate". That's pure ass. And it's then contradicted this week by telling people to be poetic. You can't go back and forth with what you say like this, it can't be good to be poetic one week and then bad the next week, writing IS subjective and without rule, this is not a sport where you can be penalised for not following a rule book, so it makes zero sense to say those things and isn't at all helpful to the contestants which, I may remind everybody, is the point of being a judge, helping people rather than just acting like an asshole. 

sis you sound like Bey Admired rn  :skull: 

2 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

writing IS subjective and without rule

ABSOLUTELY not 

7 minutes ago, Jackson said:

sis you sound like Bey Admired rn  :skull: 

If you don't see the problem in any of this, especially with all of the people who have just had different stuff to say, I'll just take myself elsewhere I really don't mind

Edited by keshaspearsxo

27 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

I disagree with Jackson if his notion was that poetry doesn't belong in rap, but the criticisms of your song were similar for me so I would say it's most likely bad wording on his part. :katie: