PLATINUM HIT 11▴ congratulations aurora ♛

Jackson

Just now, Gastrodonatella said:

hard =/= good

i never said it did! what removing a letter from a song does (this isnt a new PH challenge btw) is that it makes you think harder about every word you write. you have to go over every word and every phrase to make sure it fits just right. i can explain what each other restriction does too, but you're not playing so i don't need to 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Jackson

• UFO

• ceremonials

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

well yeah

Well no. You can't say writing is black one week and then call it white the next week. You can't tell me that they way I choose to write something isn't appropriate because writing is an entirely subjective field and quite frankly you can do whatever the hell you want to, as the purpose of this challenge is clearly supposed to highlight, the 'outside of the box' territory. So what's the deal, are we in the box or outside the box, because you keep contradicting yourself. 

I mean, all these restrictions basically come down to "Make sure every word counts", but you know what challenge did that but wasn't as arbitrary? The Twitter challenge. Guess we have to keep up that "all new challenges" promise.

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

Well no. You can't say writing is black one week and then call it white the next week. You can't tell me that they way I choose to write something isn't appropriate because writing is an entirely subjective field and quite frankly you can do whatever the hell you want to, as the purpose of this challenge is clearly supposed to highlight, the 'outside of the box' territory. So what's the deal, are we in the box or outside the box, because you keep contradicting yourself. 

songwriting is neither black nor white. it has objective elements ("your song had an inconsistent meter") and subjective elements ("I didn't like your word choice here"). I don't get what you're saying. 

songwriting is neither black nor white. it has objective elements ("your song had an inconsistent meter") and subjective elements ("I didn't like your word choice here"). I don't get what you're saying. 

How does meter at all relate to anything I'm talking about or anything in question about this challenge? This is about interpretations of writing. And you keep going back and forth on whether you should be outgoing with your interpretations or follow a strict straight line. 

This was fun, we should publicly complain again sometime. I feel much better

Also, does anyone want to see my entry? I don't usually ask but I feel much closer to you guys now so I feel I can trust y'all

• ATRL Moderator
Just now, Hug said:

This was fun, we should publicly complain again sometime. I feel much better

we're not done!!! 

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

1 minute ago, Hug said:

Also, does anyone want to see my entry? I don't usually ask but I feel much closer to you guys now so I feel I can trust y'all

as always, i would love to

• ATRL Moderator
1 minute ago, Hug said:

You never started

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

leave me alone. I'm very sensitive and I cry easily

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

1 minute ago, mxtthewdelrey said:

oh? really?

9oOOrkL.gif

I said usually. We all know the judges were way too harsh on Girls World Talk Show

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

1 minute ago, Hug said:

I said usually. We all know the judges were way too harsh on Girls World Talk Show

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

Girls World Talk Show was absolutely TRAGIC. I'm talking about Thinking About You, Girl (1.88) clearly

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

Just now, mxtthewdelrey said:

Girls World Talk Show was absolutely TRAGIC. I'm talking about Thinking About You, Girl (1.88) clearly

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

Legit I thought Girls World Talk Show was the one that was snubbed. Fake fan, clearly. Either way, my point stands. You did NOT deserve that.

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

1 minute ago, Gastrodonatella said:

in conclusion, the fact that 16 people got trimmed to 10 in phase 2 but 4 of them were quitters is very telling :cupid: 

Nah this happens literally every season 

Just now, Hug said:

Legit I thought Girls World Talk Show was the one that was snubbed. Fake fan, clearly. Either way, my point stands. You did NOT deserve that.

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

ah well I got the last laugh when my remix of the exact song was a top 5 hit in Platinum Hit 10.5! 

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

and also GFOTY read the song and loved it so

C6mpDIiWYAEeZqq.jpg

a true winner

13 minutes ago, Corsola said:

I simply said that it's best to keep what the contestants would want and be inspired by in mind rather than ignoring it completely because of your own desires. 

While I do completely disagree with this in multiple ways, you can TRUST that the challenges would be way harder if I had my way :skull: 

I think this has been the season with the least complaining and drama of any I've been a part of. Glad we all got this out x

Also, yes, the primary purpose of this challenge was to be hard. I said that in the challenge post. 

16 hours ago, Jackson said:

she doesn't deserve them

also why did u come for me so hard right here :skull: a mess

16 hours ago, Aurora said:

it's fine, sis will find haself some good D and some cheap E, am I right @mxtthewdelrey

me and my boyf broke things off last week so i'm d-less right now nnnnn :jonny: and i've never done drugs but i'm thinking of starting cause i'm highly depressed at this point in time

Just now, mxtthewdelrey said:

also why did u come for me so hard right here :skull: a mess

me and my boyf broke things off last week so i'm d-less right now nnnnn :jonny: and i've never done drugs but i'm thinking of starting cause i'm highly depressed at this point in time

ff I didn't mean that was just being messy x

ff I didn't mean that was just being messy x

i'll endemetriosis you bitch 

Edited by mxtthewdelrey