PLATINUM HIT 11▴ congratulations aurora ♛

Jackson

Just now, Gastrodonatella said:

in the first 3 rounds yes, not in the middle rounds :rip: by rounds 5 and 6 people were still quitting and i know of a few personally who were VERY close to quitting but chose not to at the last second. having 25% of your remaining contestant pool quit and having another couple come very close is not a good look when you're in rounds 5-6. not to mention the amount of people who originally were hyped for the season but stopped caring early in because of poor management. it's reflective on you as a host that you allowed a judge to not give reviews till round 5, ijs :cupid: 

Nah it literally happens every season. It just looks worse because there's less eliminations. That judge was fired for a reason 

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ultraviolence.xx

• Jackson

• UFO

• ceremonials

6 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I think this has been the season with the least complaining and drama of any I've been a part of

DIUVCqMUwAAcry5.jpg

Just now, Corsola said:

Well if you don't consider or care about the opinions of the contestants who will actually be performing the challenges, then it's no wonder so many contestants are left either dissatisfied or quitting entirely. Personally, I think it says a lot that even 10.5 had more contestants and was more competitive with more satisfaction. 

I've only really been in one full season as you know but I genuinely don't remember diamond hit having half as many complaints. You alone made up about 80%, and even then, it didn't amount to what I've seen from this season.

And considering you just said that you truly believe that the opinion of the contestants isn't important and shouldn't matter compared to you as the host, it doesn't surprise me. 

You think it says something about my challenges that people didn't sign up? Girl, the logic here :skull:  I've seen hardly any complains this season, and if they've all been happening behind my back then maybe that's the problem! How am I supposed to change what I don't know? And once again, you didn't sign up. Why do you have more problems than the actual contestants? 

1 minute ago, Gastrodonatella said:

it took you till round 7 girl :rip:  

He should've been fired earlier, true.

1 minute ago, Jackson said:

How am I supposed to change what I don't know?

I came to you with my issue and it achieved nothing since you stopped replying to me... so thanks 

1 minute ago, Gastrodonatella said:

judging by your reactions to this backlash, you wouldn't change anyway x

I'll listen to the contestants but the loudest voices here are someone that didn't sign up and someone that quit for what I heard were unrelated reasons :gaycat4: 

Just now, keshaspearsxo said:

I came to you with my issue and it achieved nothing since you stopped replying to me... so thanks 

What's your issue again? I answered the chorus thing 

Just now, Jackson said:

What's your issue again? I answered the chorus thing 

Just go reply to my last paragraph 

1 minute ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Just go reply to my last paragraph 

I honestly don't know what you're talking about there :skull: 

Just now, Corsola said:

Not what I meant @ the first sentence. 

I can guarantee I have less problems than contestants considering the only ''problem'' of mine that I've outlined is that I think the contestants should be kept in mind. If that alone is enough for you to get defensive over my nonexistent amount of problems, then maybe that says something about you as a host? 

Your 15 paragraphs say otherwise sis

We been KNEW I shouldn't have been the host, I knew since before this started I'd be too busy, but I'd still love to see you do a better job 

I honestly don't know what you're talking about there :skull: 

You literally said my interpretation of the last challenge, doing a rap song in a more poetic style, wasn't 'appropriate'. Now the purpose of this challenge is to, as you say in the challenge post, "rethink what it means to be a songwriter"? Don't you see how contradictory that is and how little sense it makes, saying one week that you need to stick inside the box and follow what is 'appropriate' and then next week you need to change and go outside the box? How do you even deem what is 'appropriate' in the first place when, like I said, writing is entirely subjective. What am I supposed to think or do with inconsistent ****ty feedback like that?

3 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

You literally said my interpretation of the last challenge, doing a rap song in a more poetic style, wasn't 'appropriate'. Now the purpose of this challenge is to, as you say in the challenge post, "rethink what it means to be a songwriter"? Don't you see how contradictory that is and how little sense it makes, saying one week that you need to stick inside the box and follow what is 'appropriate' and then next week you need to change and go outside the box? How do you even deem what is 'appropriate' in the first place when, like I said, writing is entirely subjective. What am I supposed to think or do with inconsistent ****ty feedback like that?

How does that not make sense? In rap week you write a rap song. In this round there's no thematic or stylistic restrictions 

Okay, so since I sent a different entry, here is the entry I originally sent. It was a troll entry that I wrote in 10 minutes because I had just read reviews/results and was pressed so that along with my frustration with the challenge made me snap. I have had some time to calm down and get things out of my system and we are better now! :cm: So here is what I wrote out of frustration. The restrictions were no polysyllabic words and 200 words exact (the same two restrictions I chose for my real entry :eek: )

Small bird, small bird

Hatched from her egg

Small bird, small bird

Her down is red

Small bird, small bird

New to the world

Small bird, small bird

Wow! It’s a girl!

Small bird, small bird

Lives in the nest

Small bird, small bird

Mom gets her fed

Small bird, small bird

She loves her life

Small bird, small bird

She wants to fly

Small bird, small bird

Grew up a bit

Small bird, can she fly?

...no, not yet

Small bird, small bird

Still has to learn

Small bird, small bird

Soon it’s her turn

Mom bird, mom bird

Clears out the nest

One bird, two bird

Soon she’ll be next

Small bird, small bird

Lifts up her wings

Small bird, small bird

She starts to sing

Small bird, small bird

Falls on her head

Small bird, small bird

Now she is dead

Small bird, small bird

She loved her life

Small bird, small bird

Now she will fly

Small bird, small bird

Nest in the sky

Small bird, small bird

Now she won't cry

Small bird, small bird

Now you are gone

Small bird, small bird

This is your song

Small bird, small bird

You have been loved

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

How does that not make sense? In rap week you write a rap song. In this round there's no thematic or stylistic restrictions 

Who the hell made a rule book on what a rap song has to be? Rapping is a type of delivery not a theme or a style. If that was rap to me, then that was rap to me. You can't just say my way of writing is not appropriate. I can write however I damn please. 

6 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

How do you even deem what is 'appropriate' in the first place when, like I said, writing is entirely subjective

How do you even deem what is 'appropriate' in the first place when, like I said, writing is entirely subjective

! ! !

1 minute ago, keshaspearsxo said:

Who the hell made a rule book on what a rap song has to be? Rapping is a type of delivery not a theme or a style. If that was rap to me, then that was rap to me. You can't just say my way of writing is not appropriate. I can write however I damn please. 

! ! !

Then how am I supposed to judge rap songs? :skull: you could make this argument about almost any challenge 

2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Then how am I supposed to judge rap songs? :skull: you could make this argument about almost any challenge 

On how good they are? Like any sane person would assume?

2 minutes ago, keshaspearsxo said:

On how good they are? Like any sane person would assume?

What's the point of a challenge if I just judge every song based on how good it is? 

• ATRL Moderator

What's the point of a challenge if I just judge every song based on how good it is? 

isn't that what y'all do :toofunny2:

1 minute ago, Tsareena said:

Was kinda thinking that but I already did my complaining today

1 minute ago, Tsareena said:

Quiet, Tiffany!

• ATRL Moderator
15 minutes ago, Hug said:
Spoiler

Small bird, small bird

Hatched from her egg

Small bird, small bird

Her down is red

Small bird, small bird

New to the world

Small bird, small bird

Wow! It’s a girl!

Small bird, small bird

Lives in the nest

Small bird, small bird

Mom gets her fed

Small bird, small bird

She loves her life

Small bird, small bird

She wants to fly

Small bird, small bird

Grew up a bit

Small bird, can she fly?

...no, not yet

Small bird, small bird

Still has to learn

Small bird, small bird

Soon it’s her turn

Mom bird, mom bird

Clears out the nest

One bird, two bird

Soon she’ll be next

Small bird, small bird

Lifts up her wings

Small bird, small bird

She starts to sing

Small bird, small bird

Falls on her head

Small bird, small bird

Now she is dead

Small bird, small bird

She loved her life

Small bird, small bird

Now she will fly

Small bird, small bird

Nest in the sky

Small bird, small bird

Now she won't cry

Small bird, small bird

Now you are gone

Small bird, small bird

This is your song

Small bird, small bird

You have been loved

stan for talonflame and her stomping out of OU

5 minutes ago, Jackson said:

Just now, Tsareena said:

stan for talonflame and her stomping out of OU

Gamefreak being mom bird nerfing gale wings

On 24 September 2017 at 7:19 PM, Citrus said:

if it's any consolation, I don't think the other judges really alter scores based on fitting the challenge. I know Jackson doesn't. 

The contradictions, when will they end?