Chappell Roan cancels performances last minute

Fender

bizarre behavior. I think this is her team idea to make her stand out and unavailable

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Communion

• Sheep

• Josh

4 minutes ago, swissman said:

These are two different instances though.

One was cited as scheduling conflicts and another time needed for mental health.

She can always quit and go back to the trailer park she came from. No one is forcing her 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

42 minutes ago, LanaXtinaFan said:

To a certain degree I completely understand where she's coming from with all this mess. She was thrust into fame quickly. Shes clearly not built for fame. I fully see her completely disappearing from the music scene, as she should. She's headed down a bad path.

but in this day and age it's easy for her just drop music on streaming apps and go back to her private life; Beyonce, Madonna, Janet all do it.

What irks me about Chappell is that ... this wasn't an accident. You wanted fame so bad. You have this incredible platform, and now you're complaining about it. It's one thing to get swept away by your success in an unexpected way, but this was all coordinated. After all, she's "your favorite artist's favorite artist," right?

She's human. She's young, and that's all okay. I just find her to be a little too much for me. Hopefully she grows up soon.

4 minutes ago, Josh said:

it's easy for her just drop music on streaming apps and go back to her private life;

Kali is another good example. When she's not releasing music, you don't see her.

Edited by The7thStranger
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, Josh said:

She can always quit and go back to the trailer park she came from. No one is forcing her 

ok?

Ugh last week i saw her in Berlin she seemed so cool and enjoying what is happening 

I think the problem is all the backlash she is getting for whatever opinion she is expressing and i feel so bad for that . Nowadays the moment someone says something twitter is ready to tear that person down 

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

Well she signed a contract :rip:

Ever thought of that

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The7thStranger said:

What irks me about Chappell is that ... this wasn't an accident. You wanted fame so bad. You have this incredible platform, and now you're complaining about it. It's one thing to get swept away by your success in an unexpected way, but this was all coordinated. After all, she's "your favorite artist's favorite artist," right?

She's human. She's young, and that's all okay. I just find her to be a little too much for me. Hopefully she grows up soon.

Does this not suggest that no one but those who are famous understand what fame is like? Thus judging her for her own experience is a bit unfair if not totally ignorant to what she's dealing with (alongside her severe depression and bipolar disorder? People can have goals that once reached are not what they thought. And realizing this does not mean you should or must automatically quit, at least not before at least trying to make it work for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Not being shady whatsoever, but I really don't think this level of fame is for her. I think she should be significantly less online, first and foremost. It's messing with her head, very clearly, and I actually feel bad for her, because I cannot imagine what having to deal with this mess must feel like

• Like 1

Yes, she does complain a lot but I'd rather she draw the line now and lose that pandemonium side of her fanbase vs powering through it and suffering mental/physical consequences later. 

If anyone remembers, Lady Gaga used to power through all of her Monster Ball shows at her peak and at one point had to sit out in the middle of her song before she passed out.

I think a human reaction is to get over any job once you've been doing it for a while, but when you lose it you realise all you took for granted 

34 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

Kali is another good example. When she's not releasing music, you don't see her.

There are other pop artists like Tinashe or Normani who would had killed for Chappell's success

• Thanks 5

Her team should have pulled her out of all of this a long time ago 

Terrible to do this so last minute. Imagine being the fans suffering through days of TikTok's, traveling and then this. Her team does not have her back, and she's not in the place to do it alone (nor could anyone be).

Edited by ImpressMeMuch
  • Like 1

so after cancelling her show last minute in order to rehearse and perform at the VMAs she's back booking interviews and posting online about the most heated topic - politics - instead of logging out and focusing on performing and enjoying her life

the nerve to cancel yet another show last minute when so many people are travelling again to see her is beyond disgusting and disrespectful. she has no regard for her fans, she only cares about herself.

i assume she'll be back in no time to once again compare her career to some form of domestic voilence :zzz:

• Haha 3

50 minutes ago, swissman said:

Does this not suggest that no one but those who are famous understand what fame is like? Thus judging her for her own experience is a bit unfair if not totally ignorant to what she's dealing with (alongside her severe depression and bipolar disorder? People can have goals that once reached are not what they thought. And realizing this does not mean you should or must automatically quit, at least not before at least trying to make it work for you.

She's an adult. I'm not going to baby her. She would have had to have been extraordinarily naive to not understand what she was getting herself into (was she under a rock during Free Britney?). She came across as so incredibly cocky right out the gate, and now she's buckling under the immense pressure that she put on herself. Meanwhile, there are so many artists who kill to have her level of success and industry support. She's burning through that good will, and it makes it hard to root for her.

Also, please show me the exact place in my post where I said she should automatically quit or try not to make it work for her? In fact, I believe I wrote, "She's human. She's young, and that's all okay. I just find her to be a little too much for me. Hopefully she grows up soon." What she needs to do is eat some humble pie and focus on her craft and less on gobbling up as much attention as she can get only to then vomit it up on the rug like a dog who got into the trash can.

Edited by The7thStranger
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, The7thStranger said:

Isn't she 26? 

it's not like she's a teenager.

• Haha 3

She really needs to take a break tbh 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

There are other pop artists like Tinashe or Normani who would had killed for Chappell's success

Right? As someone who produces music, I'd kill for 5% of Chappell's success :skull: Like girl, delete your Instagram and Twitter apps, go outside, and have some gratitude. Jeez. 

Edited by .Odyssey.
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, .Odyssey. said:

Right? As ssomeonewho produces music, I'd kill for 5% of Chappell's success :skull: Like girl, delete your Instagram and Twitter apps, go outside, and have some gratitude. Jeez. 

her music isnt even innovative for her to being pigheaded

I genuinely feel bad for her. I'm not going to cheer on another Britney situation. Love her music, but I'm worried for her.

Edited by on the line
autocorrect

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.