Chappell Roan cancels performances last minute

Fender

Now I'll be rooting for Sabrina to take home the Best New Artist Grammy... she aint no pssy whining :clap3:

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• Communion

• Sheep

• Josh

The ig stories on All Things Go of people preparing to see ha :deadbanana:

Edited by ALA

18 minutes ago, Dmnkklbrt said:

She played more than 90 shows since the album came out. Yeah she cancelled some very recently and on short notice, which was a bit messy, but of course people will act as if she's canceling all of her shows.

Yes, she and her team should get better at some things and she probably needs some PR training, but prioritizing her (mental) health really isn't a reason for the hate she's getting.

If that was the reason but she goes on canceling something only later to perform at the VMAs it ain't mental health

• Like 2

I've defended her but you can only cancel so many shows :deadbanana:I don't care about her statements in the media but she's messing with people's money at this point. Stop booking all these shows if you can't handle it sis. 

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Where did I misrepresent them? 

Sis it's okay to take the L sometimes. You didn't understand and that's okay. Literally. Like you're not doing a single thing here but highlighting your slowness to comprehend. what are you even talking about anymore? :deadbanana4:

Like the topic switching, deflecting, sis you should be this woman's publicist! :deadbanana4:

Unlike you I'm willing to actually highlight what we are discussing instead of snidely saying "oh you don't understand" or "how old are you?".

HERE IT IS:

Did you say "We all have severe depression, social anxiety, bipolar you name it"?

You did, here is the proof:

41 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

We all have severe depression, social anxiety, bipolar you name it...

After this, I asked you to actually look at the facts.

The fact you came back with was:

33 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

25% more of the American population alone :deadbanana4:

NOW: Is 25%...ALL?

It's not even half. It's half of half. Hyperbole is fine from time to time, but if misused people will easily misunderstand what you are saying. And I simply stated to you that we don't "all" have the things you claimed. Factually, as per your own facts, the majority of us don't. Thus, given 75% of Americans are not diagnosed with mental illness, it's actually truer to hyperbolically state "no one has mental illness" (which is untrue) than to say "we all have mental illness".

I'm very willing to say more people have mental illness than has been accounted for in this "fact" but, overall, your attempt to belittle one woman's experience of mental illness by implying that because "we all" have it, that she shouldn't get to take time to treat it or whatever is an outrageous way to face the "fact" that we "all" have it. If that were the case, then we should "all" be more accepting of her needs, willing to allow for people to get the help they require, as the many who don't have her privileges will get nothing if not even those who can get help are not allowed to or given the grace to do it at the expense of their responsibilities.

Edited by swissman
  • Haha 1

:bibliahh: 

She is not built for fame, and it's ironic she looks up to drag queens but they work 20x harder than she does. I hope after this album she becomes a songwriter and producer because being a star is not made for her and that's okay. I just would like for her to stop cosplaying as a MPG when she can't even handle the basics of being one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, swissman said:

Unlike you I'm willing to actually highlight what we are discussing instead of snidely saying "oh you don't understand" or "how old are you?".

HERE IT IS:

Did you say "We all have severe depression, social anxiety, bipolar you name it"?

You did, here is the proof:

After this, I asked you to actually look at the facts.

The fact you came back with was:

NOW: Is 25%...ALL?

It's not even half. It's half of half. Hyperbole is fine from time to time, but if misused people will easily misunderstand what you are saying. And I simply stated to you that we don't "all" have the things you claimed. Factually, as per your own facts, the majority of us don't. Thus, it's actually more true to hyperbolically say "no one has mental illness" (which is untrue) than to say "we all have mental illness".

I'm willing to say more people have mental illness than has been accounted for in this "fact" but, overall, your attempt to belittle one woman's experience of mental illness by saying that because "we all" have it, she doesn't ever get to take time to treat it or whatever is an outrageous way to face the "fact" that we "all" have it. If that were the case, then we should "all" be more accepting of her needs, willing to allow for people to get the help they require, as the many who don't have her privileges will get nothing if not even those who can get help, are not allowed to.

Sis it says 25% more of the population. You typed all this up on your only day off work and are just wronger than wrong:deadbanana4:

Edited by Afterglow

When I see that i'm like Gaga is really brave and strong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElleDriver said:

I'm convinced the vitriol Chappell gets from atrl f-@gz is because she's a lesbian therefore she doesn't cater to them therefore they can't vicariously fulfill their sissy fantasies through her :rip:  a bunch of sad nasty old queens 

sissy fantasies? and it's just about chappell canceling yet another performance. there's no need for homophobic rhetoric when the topic on hand is about professionalism that transcends all gender or sexuality :coffee2:

• Like 12

Is "mental health" code for another award show? I'm pretty sure she pulled the exact same excuse last time she cancelled shows when she had to rehearse for the VMAs.

And this excuse with "b-but bipolar!1!" is already tired. Doesn't excuse her from ******* over people's money who go and see her. It's her job. Like others have said, if it were any other job and anyone would be like her, they'd be fired at the 3rd attempt at best. She should retire if she doesn't like the spotlight, but it's hard to believe since she attends all the interviews and award shows under the sun. 

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Afterglow said:

Sis it says 25% more of the population. You typed all this up on your only day off work and are just wronger than wrong:deadbanana4:

Ah. I definitely didn't take note of that word and its context. I apologize. However my point is still exactly the same. The word doesn't change much. It is inaccurate to state that "all" of us have mental illness especially in attempting to admonish someone for taking steps to treat their's.

Here are some facts from various sources and links you can follow to get more information on them.

Mental Health America stated for 2024:

• 23.08% of adults experienced a mental illness in the past year
  • 5.86% experienced a severe mental illness

The National Alliance on Mental Health stated for 2021:

• 22.8% of U.S. adults experienced mental illness
  • 5.5% of U.S. adults experienced serious mental illness in 2021

The National Institute of Mental Health stated for 2021 that 1 in 5 people suffer from mental health issues.

This is a discrepancy from your "more" fact. I'm not sure where you got it, but in any regard, it's likely no matter who provides the stats, they are going to be lower than the actual truth for many reasons including stigma, improper access to care AS WELL AS mentalities like the one you presented which amount to "just suck it up". And I say this as someone who does experience a mental illness.

And still, the fact is not "all" people have mental illnesses. Even if you did not intend for your words to be interpreted literally (hyperbole), you've still stretched its limits to an illogical place. As mentioned, it's been reported that more people don't have mental illness than do...at least according to the above. So to say that we "ALL" have mental illnesses thus her feelings and/or need to cancel a show is invalid isn't just unkind and unhelpful but wrong.

I've said just about all I have to say on this now and will not reply further.

• Like 3

She is quite literally the most annoying artist right now, and her music isn`t even good enough to make up for this behavior..

• Thanks 1

This sounded serious. Like mental illness is no joke. 

This girl is clearly not unstable to handle all of this sudden fame and it happened. 

Hope she have a strong support systen around her.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

4 hours ago, Fleahive said:

I wish I could call out of a 1-2 hour workday worth tens of thousands of dollars. 

EVERYONE GET UP!!!! I GOT MY FIRST POPULAR POST BADGE! :jonnycat:
spacer.png

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, PoisonPill said:

Well, you likely never will as you're a nobody who will never have the talent or drive to reach that kind of demand and earning potential :wave2:

Imagine picking a fight with Fleahive and getting downvoted to hell before I can even clap back. 
:deadvision:

The fact she cancelled her previous events last minute to go to the VMAs just to ***** about how she doesn't want to be famous and now she's cancelling another event last minute, like… what an entitled brat

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

2 hours ago, Dmnkklbrt said:

She played more than 90 shows since the album came out. Yeah she cancelled some very recently and on short notice, which was a bit messy, but of course people will act as if she's canceling all of her shows.

Yes, she and her team should get better at some things and she probably needs some PR training, but prioritizing her (mental) health really isn't a reason for the hate she's getting.

It came out last year so that's like 7 shows a month. Most people work 21 days a month at ~7.5 hours a day (more than a 90 minute set) and if they call out, they aren't affecting the finances of thousands of people. :rip: 

Just another entitled Gen Z artist that doesn't want to put the work in

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 4

To a certain degree I completely understand where she's coming from with all this mess. She was thrust into fame quickly. Shes clearly not built for fame. I fully see her completely disappearing from the music scene, as she should. She's headed down a bad path.

4 hours ago, perfillusion said:

She's so disrespectful and entitled :rip: 

29 minutes ago, surprisecentres said:

Just another entitled Gen Z artist that doesn't want to put the work in

She's diagnosed Bipolar II and she's just been catapulted into a very extreme, stressful and scary new life. That situation can easily cause a psychiatric collapse in someone with her condition. The guilt of cancelling and letting down her fans is clearly making her feel even worse, when she's just trying to stay alive so she can continue to tour and entertain in the future. Try to possess an ounce of empathy for a moment.

Edited by PoisonPill
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, PoisonPill said:

She's diagnosed Bipolar II and she's just been catapulted into a very extreme, stressful and scary new life. That situation can easily cause a psychiatric collapse in someone with her condition. The guilt of cancelling and letting down her fans is clearly making her feel even worse, when she's just trying to stay alive so she can continue to tour and entertain in the future. Try to possess an ounce of empathy for a moment.

Okay, while I do sympathize with her situation, at the same time, she has chosen to be a lighting rod. The meme of people being sick of hearing from her every day didn't appear for no reason. There is a way to make music, perform and be private at the same time. Lana del Rey does it for example, but Chappell for one reason or another chooses to thrust herself into the spotlight continually. It's still early and I hope she can find a balance of working and living a private life if that's what she truly wants but I'm not sure, she really seems addicted to attention.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, khalyan said:

I can't wait for the next few follow up videos where she talks in circles about why she needs a break. 

4 hours ago, Braz said:

The way some of yall treat a 26 yo woman like she's a child in dire need of help lmao. She has no backbone or care for her fans. Just step back and recover fully instead of giving more interviews or posting videos on social media.

4 hours ago, .Odyssey. said:

This. She's an adult closer to 30 than 20 and is acting like a complete unprofessional. She needs to take a pause and regroup, because this is really disrespectful to fans. 

4 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

She's just a mixed-up zoomer womanchild whose brain got fried by growing up online. Can't take these kids srsly

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952wj2nq6x0fvjx3g41ml

4 hours ago, Braz said:

She hates working and loves complaining. The face of gen z.

The way this site really is filled with miserable boomerllennial expired gays 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, Josh said:

If that was the reason but she goes on canceling something only later to perform at the VMAs it ain't mental health

These are two different instances though.

One was cited as scheduling conflicts and another time needed for mental health.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.