• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

I'm so excited for this album, her vocals are sublime, i feel like crying to her voice, the cover for Close to You, Joker, Happy Mistake wow, i feel like a kid again if that makes sense, LG7 will be the death to me

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

Which song is the "Still Not October" song? Is it rock or is it misleading in the teaser?

Edit: lol it's The Joker. Yes Rock.

Edited by AlGreRithm
  • Like 1

Which songs are the originals can anyone tell me as someone who hasn't listened? And is she doing that guttural, operatic singing that I'm sick of or is her tone more natural and poppy?

2 minutes ago, GagaStefi said:

Do we see this getting positive reviews?

I think the reviews will be fairly positive, the album is great for what it is but ATRL is hungry for the pop music of LG7 and was never going to eat something like this up anyway

this is an amazing record and I'm so grateful we got this before we can immerse in the dark bops of LG7

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rocket said:

You can tell.

:nicole2:

The pretentiousness never stops lmao

Edited by Bad_vocal_technique
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Harlequin is def not a bad album but without keeping the movie in mind, it's just a cover album where the songs are delivered in a way that is quite similar to the originals. It sounds polished, though as a whole, it could have been just a little bit more. Perhaps it's too difficult to judge this album apart from the film. In any case, there are a number of enjoyable tracks on the album but it's not what I necessarily wanted from her at this moment. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Harlequin is def not a bad album but without keeping the movie in mind, it's just a cover album where the songs are delivered in a way that is quite similar to the originals. It sounds polished, though as a whole, it could have been just a little bit more. Perhaps it's too difficult to judge this album apart from the film. In any case, there are a number of enjoyable tracks on the album but it's not what I necessarily wanted from her at this moment. 

To be fair, we did not even know this album existed until recently. It's not like LG7 plans have been changed because of it. The fact Gaga chose to release this at all just tells me she is inspired again. If you like it great, if you don't, no big deal because LG7 is what everyone cares about anyway

Edited by 4th Time Around

The album is okay. I'm not a big jazz fan but I'm happy that we're finally getting music from her again and soon LG7. My favorite track is Smile.

Her best album this decade :clap3: I dare even say that it's in the top 5 her best albums.

TFM > ASIB > BTW > Harlequin > ARTPOP > Chromatica > Cheek To Cheek > The Fame > Joanne > Love for Sale 

• Like 2

I do not usually listen to jazz. But I think my only "complaint" would be that it takes a minute for a lot of the tracks to pick up tempo. I wish I still used Apple Music so I could adjust the start time nnnn

I was really hoping for Ultraviolence energy with this project - some surfy, dark-grunge 70's rock but instead she gave us jazz and gospel

spacer.png

Edited by ArtDeco
  • Haha 1

I loved by first listen, after a full day at work I was also away from spoilers and ATRL Debbie Downers that could have sucked the joy I felt from this album. You can hear her passionate interpretation in every song, it's a precious collection of performances, I'm sure she's super proud of it, even though it's probably gonna flop on the charts! 

I love that joyful stance is probably the opposite from what we will hear in the soundtrack and movie next week, even just in that snippet of Close to You you could hear the delusion in Harley's voice, while Gaga sings it with a sweet, almost childlike disposition :jonny:

Folie a Deux is a wonderful song, really cute and felt. But Happy Mistake is a lovely surprise too, she sounds so authentic and grown up, I'm so proud of her :jonny:

I'm so happy she released this record, I'm so happy to be her fan:heart:

• Like 5

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.