• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

idk why people are surprised or upset at this being a jazz album- like this was always her first love and its amazing that she has a chance to make this music alongside her pop material.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Regardless, I really want this to debut at number 1. Do we think that's likely? 

ehh not if its a full on jazz project like im reading. top 10 will be just fine tho imo.

I was happy to see her finally try something new visually and with new people but this album is so bad. Basically it feels like a live from Vegas album.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 6

Just now, GreatestLoveofAll said:

idk why people are surprised or upset at this being a jazz album- like this was always her first love and its amazing that she has a chance to make this music alongside her pop material.

This. Especially since the movie is heavy on jazz covers. It's just her full versions because she enjoyed making it so much. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

objectively really cute .. very pretty arrangements .. only the real ones will truly understand

Edited by parakeet
  • Like 1

I wish she didn't tease a more rock edge, because this is a great jazz record. It thrives the most when there's a twisted edge to it or when she goes full camp. It's probably got more replay value for me outside of the holiday season compared to her work with Tony. It's a nice little surprise imo

• Like 7

The only listenable song is Happy Mistake and yet it sounds like Joanne reject :giraffe:

media-aiv-tools.gif?ex=66f69b53&is=66f54

Edited by Gottasadae
  • Thumbs Down 9

16 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Regardless, I really want this to debut at number 1. Do we think that's likely? 

physicals copies are shipped in 2 weeks so... but who knows, maybe Happy Mistake and The Joker will smash in streams

Our first #1 (even though iKoons is kinda irrelevant in 2024)

It's starting

bRxnQTp.gif

Edited by JennyWayne
  • Like 1

It looks like Folie A Deux will be the Oscar contender for Best Original Song,  presuming Happy Mistake isn't in the movie. 

This is such an interesting album and a huge creative accomplishment, it's soulful, warm, funky but the craziness peeks through every now and then. The instrumentation throughout is also amazing and lush and it features some of her career-best vocal performances. When she goes off, she really goes off.

She wasn't kidding when she said it's as complex as Lee, the different genres she plays with here seem to map her emotional states and journey. I'll probably be able to appreciate this even more after watching the film. No wonder she is super proud of this, as she should be. So proud of her growth as a musician. 

Favs on first listen: World On A String, The Joker, Folie a Deux, Close To You, Happy Mistake. 

:heart:

• Like 7

30 minutes ago, Komet said:

Where's my 90s alt rock album stefani ?

Yeah based on album cover I expected something in that vibe honestly. I mean Gaga have amazing voice anyways so I will give this a chance 

Who's gonna use this? Liddos won't, gays won't, pop stans won't, gee pee won't, the fans of the movie won't. This show tune / big band sound is both predictable considering the  movie and not something new to the discography; it could've been a great opportunity to do something fresh and reimagine these old songs in a manic alt rock vibe that's fitting for the character of Harlequin. Instead it's Cheek To Cheek: Tony Reloaded: The Re Up. A waste of great visual direction tbh. Hopefully the critique eats it up so it's not complete non-event.

Great vocals, beautiful vocals, great artistry, etc tho.

Anyway, 15/22/29 days til LG7 lead

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Thumbs Down 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.