Lady Gaga - 'Harlequin'

rafael-abc

i mean it's kinda of a bummer that gár said recently in a interview for jfàd that she couldn't wait for us to hear where she is now sonically

and decided to give us another jazz albomb :rip:

Edited by Edu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Almodusa

• Taylor fanboy

• Dear Reader

• KatyPrismSpirit

Folie à Deux being THAT song

Finally something refreshing from her. That cover has classic album written all over it, for sure.

her vocals on world on a string remind me of nature boy 

4 minutes ago, Supervillain said:

To everyone disappointed with this album - Kylie Minogue is releasing her new banger at midnight!

i guess we shall remain disappointed then

• Haha 3

the way die with a smile fits on this is sending me :dies: 

1 minute ago, Burqa said:

ikr if her team was smart they would've made dwas the lead single

Is there any original music on the album? Just found the **** and don't want to have to sort through all the jazz covers

:ryan3:

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice

3 minutes ago, Burqa said:

it really doesn't

Just now, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Is there any original music on the album? Just found the leak and don't want to have to sort through all the jazz covers

yes

happy mistake (produced by bloodpop) and folie à deux

• Thanks 3

1 minute ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Is there any original music on the album? Just found the **** and don't want to have to sort through all the jazz covers

Happy Mistake and Folie a Duex

• Thanks 1

Is there any original music on the album? Just found the leak and don't want to have to sort through all the jazz covers

Happy Mistake (which she originally wrote for Chromatica) and Folie A Deux are the original tracks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I'm actually shocked that Happy Mistake doesn't have a Dope-style vocal take. She really is healed.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Happy Mistake and Folie a Deux. Theres several songs that don't sound like typical 'covers'. I'd recommend check out Close to You, The Joker, World on a String, and Smile. And if you like any of those try the full album! The first two songs on the album are very jazzy I will say, it gets better after. This goes to anyone here being skeptical about the whole jazz/covers discussion 

Edited by ineedboxinggloves
  • Thanks 2

Folie a Deux is cute! Serving vocals from the Sound of Music performance. Gorgeous production and sweet lyrics. Def giving old school Disney in the best way. A winning! 

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice
  • Like 1

Smart she's getting this out of the way before the pop album, great marketing. Basically covering all her bases and keeping every type of listener she has satisfied. I'll probably shuffle through this once cause the Louvre song and there being two originals kind of intrigues me but I've never been big on Gaga's jazz stuff.

• Like 1

Folie a Deux is cute! Serving vocals from the Sound of Music performance. Gorgeous production and sweet lyrics. Def giving old school Disney in the best way. A winning! 

What I thought as well! Giving Cinderella. 

one of her best albums and her best "jazz" albums

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, ineedboxinggloves said:

Happy Mistake and Folie a Deux. Theres several songs that don't sound like typical 'covers'. I'd recommend check out Close to You, The Joker, World on a String, and Smile. And if you like any of those try the full album! The first two songs on the album are very jazzy I will say, it gets better after. This goes to anyone here being skeptical about the whole jazz/covers discussion 

Omg love the Close To You cover! 

Was ready to meltdown a little tbh, but I don't really see the need now. This is def better than the other jazz albums (well, maybe not "better" but I see myself listening to this more) and we have new music around the corner. 

• Like 2

the original songs are incredible…she sounds better than ever. the covers are also great, i don't see myself revisiting some of them as it's not my sonic palette but this will eat for those who are into this genre. overall this is a cute gift for the fans while the lg7 lead is a few weeks away :bird:

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.