• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yes, AND

• Hector

• FlyOnTheWall

• glitch

Top Posters In This Topic

I highly doubt we've heard the last of Miley Cyrus. She will have more successes.

This is a very illogical thought and question. 

None of the songs she has released have been tied to a project, so why would any of those songs make an impact?

Has she promoted 'Psycho Killer' as a cover from her new album? I could've sworn 'Doctor' was a gift to fans? :what: No? 

'Plastic Hearts' set Miley up for her Grammy win for 'Flowers'. 'Flowers' has set her next single and album up to be a hit. Please stop doubting Miley, she makes all you doubters and haters eat your words every time. 

shes genuinely talented so im sure shell have lot of flowers

Miley has talent and can score more hits 

Angels Like You went viral afterwards and is going to cross 1 billion in less than a month...which is insane for a 2020s single that never charted on the Hot 100

Used to be Young was a top 10, 20+ week charting Hot 100 hit 

Endless Summer Vacation was a year end top 20 best seller globally 

so hell no

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Yes, AND said:

Lets be real those quick lil singes didn't stick. 

They still kinda achieved more than a lot of girls that debuted around the same time as her (2006) or later than her's latest singles have achieved so irdc 

• Thanks 1

Have to wait for the next album to decide

no, she's the luckiest artist ever. I'm sure she will get a huge mega hit somehow in 2033

Girl we all know she'll be doing this until she's 100 like Dolly. Don't even try. 

spacer.png

18 hours ago, glitch said:

will Flowers end up being her Believe?

Strong Enough was also huge in Europe, and I'd say it got bigger than Believe because it aged better and I still hear it on radio, so no.

Edited by prézli

we know GP has no taste they let Jaded underperforming.

No, if she delivers more "Plastic Hearts" and less "ESV". :cm:

21 hours ago, laqqinq said:

The post-Flowers singles may have 'not stuck' but they only look like "underperformances" in comparison to the monster smash that Flowers is, which preceded those singles. Flowers gave Miley a resurgence in commercial performance. She got cute top 40 and top 60 singles in River and Jaded (which kept repeatedly re-entering Hot 100 at one point) (both 100M+ streams on Spotify, eligible for platinum) and a decent top 10 in Used to be Young (200M+ Spotify, eligible for platinum/2x plat).

Then the droplets. Doctor, although it was #80something-OUT, had a decent Spotify debut. II Most Wanted from Beyonce's album went top 10 and is almost at 100M on Spotify.

So while there may be moderate performances in the singles (sans Doctor), it is a HUGE improvement over Miley's last 2-3 eras (Plastic Hearts [which did have Midnight Sky and Prisoner with Dua Lipa, and the sleeper streaming hit Angels Like You], Younger Now, She Is Coming). Her post-album singles or singles other than the lead single did not do as well as the ones from ESV.

Flowers is too big of a hit to match with a follow-up. But she has more hits in her I believe.

From +2B to 250M, I think it's more than an underperformance.

btw, Flowers was just a fluke in @Miley Cyrus career. Even Illusion will outstream the second biggest song on her album (that was a top 10 "hit")

Her album without Flowers can't even reach 900M streams, she can't go on tour... but I think she's coming in 2033

:bird:

Angels Like You stuck right after Flowers. The album wasn't that great, but with the right material and better promo Miley can smash all over. 

Naa, will she get a song as huge as Flowers? Unlikely since those humongous songs don't happen that often but she's for sure scoring a couple of hits in the future.

• Like 1

Definitely not. Miley's too big and too cool to crash out at 30 (32 soon, but Flowers was at 30)

Admittedly, she's extremely inconsistent, so her next lead isn't a guaranteed hit. But Flowers being her very last? idk about that.

She could have another smash in like 2028.

i sure hope so, i'm sick of this hanna montana washed up has been

• Thumbs Down 2

1 hour ago, unclefloprry said:

Her album without Flowers can't even reach 900M streams, she can't go on tour... but I think she's coming in 2033

:bird:

"She can't go on tour" kkkk

Under which rock are you living? If she announced one it'd sell like hot cakes solely based on her performance status. 

16 hours ago, mons†er said:

This is a very illogical thought and question. 

None of the songs she has released have been tied to a project, so why would any of those songs make an impact?

Has she promoted 'Psycho Killer' as a cover from her new album? I could've sworn 'Doctor' was a gift to fans? :what: No? 

'Plastic Hearts' set Miley up for her Grammy win for 'Flowers'. 'Flowers' has set her next single and album up to be a hit. Please stop doubting Miley, she makes all you doubters and haters eat your words every time. 

That makes no sense. Rivers was tired to a project. As was the next single. Jaded ? 

Surely Flowers should have set up the album it was on to be a hit.. seeing as it came after ? 

Even when Miley had that string of flops, she's always been and always will be a main staple celebrity that everyone knows. She's forever a household name. That alone is bigger than if a random single sticks or not. She'll always be booked for festivals, and has a catalogue of big hits for over 15+ years. Her career is pretty insane and she's not even in her mid-30s. 

ESV didn't do well because let's face it, the album was nothing special. If she comes back with a strong song and an album that has more rock elements and actual narrative, she'll do well. And even if she flops again it will never make her irrelevant because she's so embedded in pop culture by just being Miley Cyrus. Look at Dolly Parton and Cher as other examples of this.

Edited by bad guy
  • Thanks 2

Nah. Miley has been inconsistent but she can always come back. She's not like Katy Perry since isn't perceived as uncool or out-of-touch so she can always bounce back from underperformances. 

• Thumbs Down 1

40 minutes ago, bad guy said:

Even when Miley had that string of flops, she's always been and always will be a main staple celebrity that everyone knows. She's forever a household name. That alone is bigger than if a random single sticks or not. She'll always be booked for festivals, and has a catalogue of big hits for over 15+ years. Her career is pretty insane and she's not even in her mid-30s. 

ESV didn't do well because let's face it, the album was nothing special. If she comes back with a strong song and an album that has more rock elements and actual narrative, she'll do well. And even if she flops again it will never make her irrelevant because she's so embedded in pop culture by just being Miley Cyrus. Look at Dolly Parton and Cher as other examples of this.

And Katy Perry. 

• Confused 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.