The Weeknd - 'Hurry Up Tomorrow'

punisher

1 minute ago, ariananext said:

I love Dawn FM but I understand it can be a bit underwhelming compared to AH. 

The album is barely 10 tracks long when you take off all the interludes which aren't proper songs. Gasoline, Don't Break My Heart, I Heard You're Married, Best Friends, Here We Go Again are all ok to cute, but nothing remarkable. 

I absolutely love Less Than Zero, Take My Breath, Out Of Time and Is There Someone Else?, they're discography highlights if you ask me. 

Overall I also believe the lack of promo and interesting visuals is partially to blame, AH had a stronger narrative and the visuals were more impactful.

i think Take My Breath killed the hype somehow. He probably expected big numbers for it but it was just ok, not at the level of Save Your Tears or In Your Eyes.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dear Reader

• ariananext

• savedthemixtape

• TryMe

8 minutes ago, Drowned8World said:

i think Take My Breath killed the hype somehow. He probably expected big numbers for it but it was just ok, not at the level of Save Your Tears or In Your Eyes.

TMB is a great lead single for me, I don't know why it didn't click with people, but for sure it didn't help that BL and SYT were still too big at the time. 

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, BlackoutZone said:

Dawn FM is still his best, most spectacular pop project and I feel sorry for those who don't get it :bird: Tak My Breath is a masterpiece

Dawn FM is his undeniable best. The production quality. Its crazy how it wasn't appreciated properly at the time of release. 

• Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, ariananext said:

TMB is a great lead single for me, I don't know why it didn't click with people, but for sure it didn't help that BL and SYT were still too big at the time. 

It was released too early. SYT was still in the Hot 100 top 10, BL in the top 20. People was still in the After Hours era and TMB was a club banger just like his hits at the time. IF lead single was Out of time or ITSE? people would have click with them. Or Less than zero, that song is too good, and it wouldn't have mattered when it was released. 

• Like 5

Take My Breath (Extended) is his best lead and Dawn FM is his best album. Argue with the wall :giraffe:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 hour ago, BlackoutZone said:

Dawn FM is still his best, most spectacular pop project and I feel sorry for those who don't get it :bird: Tak My Breath is a masterpiece

57 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Dawn FM is his undeniable best. The production quality. Its crazy how it wasn't appreciated properly at the time of release. 

51 minutes ago, Riverbank said:

Take My Breath (Extended) is his best lead and Dawn FM is his best album. Argue with the wall :giraffe:

the absolute display of taste!

I can't wait for this ******* album though, the first single already sounds like a smash!

• Like 1

Also unpopular opinion, but Heartless is actually so great and it aged amazingly for me. Might feel like a simple trap pop bop of the time, but it has just enough of that classic Abel touch that made it stand out over time for me. Because Blinding Lights got so overexposed I happen to play Heartless more nowadays and it notably slapped extra hard during the Sao Paulo show as well

• Like 10

Just now, BlackoutZone said:

Also unpopular opinion, but Heartless is actually so great and it aged amazingly for me. Might feel like a simple trap pop bop of the time, but it has just enough of that classic Abel touch that made it stand out over time for me. Because Blinding Lights got so overexposed I happen to play Heartless more nowadays and it notably slapped extra hard during the Sao Paulo show as well

They're both incredible, they hit so hard, I've played them a thousand times but they still feel fresh. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The funny thing about Heartless is that when you listen to it in the context of the album you realize he is not Heartless at all and is just trying to cope with pain by convincing himself he he. 

• Like 4

Starboy & Dawn FM are easily his best albums so far

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Dawn FM is great and I'm glad he gave us a full disco pop album but the rollout was terrible. going mia for 4 months with no single when TMB wasn't exactly huge and then being like hey the album is coming in 2 weeks!!! :rip: what the hell was he thinking. he should've released a hip hop single to contrast the after hours singles that were still going out strong shortly after moth to a flame. i feel like people were exhausted of that sound

DITF sounds great but I think the anitta song would've been a much better choice given how different it is from anything he's ever released. i'm kinda scared to see the reception for the single 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

That ******* Anitta banger is literally on loop stuck in my head. Not to mention I've seen it all over YouTube and Tiktok. He NEEDS to release it ASAP. 

• Haha 2

So he decided the lead to be flames over sao paolo 

Im curious to see how this will go 

50 minutes ago, shark_heather said:

So he decided the lead to be flames over sao paolo 

Im curious to see how this will go 

Maybe he will release both close together.

I think Flames are more radio/pop friendly and SaoPaolo is for clubs

15 minutes ago, mike_int said:

Maybe he will release both close together.

I think Flames are more radio/pop friendly and SaoPaolo is for clubs

I agree . But SaoPaolo is more of a banger to start an era while Flames is more to promote an album release

I hope they serve Heartless/ BL kind of slay  

The Anitta's collab is everywhere on TikTok huh

• Like 1

He needs to come hard after The Idol, honestly.

9 minutes ago, needs said:

He needs to come hard after The Idol, honestly.

Well the ratings might have been wack, but he pumped out two hits out that little tv show. 

• Like 7

21 hours ago, BlackoutZone said:

Agreed! 

2 hours ago, Starkboy said:

The Anitta's collab is everywhere on TikTok huh

Likeee we need a double single!

5 hours ago, TouchinFree said:

That ******* Anitta banger is literally on loop stuck in my head. Not to mention I've seen it all over YouTube and Tiktok. He NEEDS to release it ASAP. 

This

1 minute ago, GrandeVersace said:

He has a collab with Madge as well. :gaycat3:

according to whom?

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.