Most Remembered in 50 years? Taylor vs Bey vs Rih vs Brit vs Adele?

Trent W

Most Remembered in 50 years?  

223 members have voted

1. 1. Most Remembered in 50 years?

• Beyonce
    • Taylor
    • Britney
    • Adele
    • Rihanna

These are the most successful female artists of this century.

Who do you think will be the most remembered in 50 years?

Beyonce: arguably the best performer of all time, most acclaimed and awarded. Huge celebrity, hitmaker and extremely influential 

Taylor: The biggest seller all time, huge celebrity, hit maker, biggest opening weeks, biggest touring act all time

Britney: The blueprint of her era, most influential in the pop landscape, biggest celebrity peak. Biggest female seller of the 00s, massive hit maker

Adele: The biggest 2 albums of the century, 21 arguably the biggest album of all time. Biggest opening week ever

Rihanna: One of the biggest hit maker all time, no one this century has as many hits as her, huge celebrity and billionaire empire

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Loca

• PoisonedIvy

• Badgalbriel

• TaylorsSquad

Taylor is the only one of these that will still be successful in 50 years, so definitely her.

Her albums will easily still pull 250K+ debuts in 50 years (as long as nothing drastic happens)

Taylor won't be remembered in 50 years, she will still be successful.

Edited by Saintlor

Taylor > Beyoncé > Rihanna > Britney > Adele

Rihanna's last album was 50 years ago, and she still topped the charts. :sistrens:

Edited by HASHTAGPOW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

People remember celebrities that maintained relevance over long periods of time like Madonna and Michael. No one has ever sat on the hot spot longer than Taylor, even the aforementioned acts, and ATRL can seethe about it!

Taylor is unquestionably the biggest and hottest artist in the world right now, 18 years after her debut. She has also held that title throughout her career. The answer is Taylor Swift. 

All the girls mentioned will have great legacies, but B is the only one even in the convo with Taylor. 

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Trent W said:

arguably the best performer of all time

Is Tina Turner, RIP! But the rest of your point stands.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

Taylor >>> Adele >>> Rihanna >>> Beyonce >>>>>> Britney

• Thumbs Down 4

Voted Beyoncé. People may hear the name Taylor Swift but I cant see ANY of her songs being remembered in 10 years from now, much less 50. Her music is forgettable.

Edited by Edit0rz
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Edit0rz said:

Voted Beyoncé. People may hear the name Taylor Swift but I cant see ANY of her songs being remembered in 10 years from now, much less 50. Her music is forgettable.

I'm sure that's why she has the best performing music catalogue of all time :deadbanana2:

Y'all realize there is a degree of objectivity to this, right? Taylor had multiple CATALOGUE albums sell 1 million+ units last year. This is public information, open the schools!

Edited by DevilsRollTheDice
  • Like 3

Taylor. Even her haters are more tuned in for her than their own faves. :lakitu:

Taylor > Beyoncé > Rihanna > Adele > Britney 

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 3

2 minutes ago, Edit0rz said:

Not you saying this when Beyonce relying on Halo and Crazy in Love as the song people remember from her :toofunny3:

But I believe Beyonce will be remembered too in some level when people bring up best Superbowl performance or best black female artist album

• Like 1

Taylor has the most commercially successful one and the one that has inspired the most thinkpieces will be a bit more remembered. 

But Beyonce, Rihanna, Britney and Adele will be similarly remembered. They all have music and images that have proven their longetivity.  It's not going to be much different.

It's like debating who is more remembered between Madonna, Whitney and Mariah when all 3 are known by almost everyone.

Edited by cat1867
  • Like 3

Name recognition is not song recognition 

For example I know a lot of people know the who and consumes the albums but ask someone in the street to name a song and you will hear crickets 

So whoever has the most remembered hits in 50 years. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TaylorsSquad said:

Taylor > Beyoncé > Rihanna > Adele > Britney 

Everyone knows Britney should be last. <3 

Brit shouldn't be in the op tbh. Her last multiweek Hot 100 #1 was in 1999 lmao.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

10 minutes ago, Edit0rz said:

Voted Beyoncé. People may hear the name Taylor Swift but I cant see ANY of her songs being remembered in 10 years from now, much less 50. Her music is forgettable.

Saying Taylor Swift's music is forgettable as if she doesn't have (by far) the most streamed back catalogue is actually wild to me. Like... Taylor's re-recording of a 2008 album literally has more daily streams than Beyoncé's brand new 2024 studio album. But sure her music is forgettable if you say so...! 

:suburban:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

I feel like Britney and Adele would be remembered. They both have star quality and song power overall. 

Baby one more time/Toxic and Hello/someone like you are bigger than any of the other girls' songs. And that won't change. 

Edited by TouchinFree

Bey, lbr she's a living legend

Britney for nostalgia (the 90s-early 2000s biggest icon, peak pop culture)

Rih and Adele for their hits

The artist without iconic moments and very few memorable/universally known hits will be the least remembered.

Edited by charot
  • Thumbs Down 4

4 minutes ago, A-V-XYZ said:

Everyone knows Britney should be last. <3 

Brit shouldn't be in the op tbh. Her last multiweek Hot 100 #1 was in 1999 lmao.

Britney's going to be remembered for the c-ship and not her music IF she even is remembered tbh. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

11 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Name recognition is not song recognition 

For example I know a lot of people know the who and consumes the albums but ask someone in the street to name a song and you will hear crickets 

So whoever has the most remembered hits in 50 years. 

This is crazy though because it's not like Taylor doesn't have hits. I'm sure there were some songs bigger than Beatles songs in the 60s but their discography as a whole was consumed over a very long period of time, spanning multiple generations, and that's what made them the biggest musical act of all time. Taylor is the only one of these acts that's really proving to have that kind of staying power. 

• Thanks 6

Anyway, all these women will be remembered to certain extents. Adele will pretty much always hold the record for largest album debut week, so that will always be referenced. Britney is a pop icon second only to Madonna in terms of impact and influence to the genre of pop music. Rihanna has more hits than any act in history has ever really been able to amass. And Beyonce is basically synonymous with acclaim. I don't really think you can quantify who will be the most "remembered," but Taylor is definitely going to have a leg up on the others because she seems to have made it her mission to become the biggest act in music history. 

• Like 2

it'll be Adele, hands down.

the other girls are memorable, yes, but they're a direct product of the music landscape during their time. I can see Beyoncé being remembered as well.

Taylor definitely.

Taylor > Beyonce = Rihanna > Adele >>>>>>>>> Britney

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.