We failed Gwen

poki

The last time the gays failed her was with Early Winter since then she's been failing us 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vespertine

• RideOrDie

• Tropical

• The7thStranger

She never served the level of experimentation on LAMB ever again. And that was it 

• Like 3

lol the dramatics. Gwen failed herself. A lot of her newer music was watered down and a 2 pack of ass. It was almost an insult after waiting a whole decade for new tunes. 

Praying the next No Doubt album will re-invigorate her creativity. They seemed to really be energized at Coachella a few months ago so here's to hoping she and Tony can make some new magic.

• Like 1

We failed her on Baby Don't Lie and Make Me Like You, not this. :rip:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Vespertine said:

Be honest with your tasteless self and just admit that you should delete your account

You sound mad. Why so mad?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, The7thStranger said:

You sound mad. Why so mad?

Every tongue that rises against Gwen shall fall 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

I want everyone to know that I am CURRENTLY wearing a Tragic Kingdom t-shirt at the gym. I always do my part. All the other disgusting f-words out there better pick up the slack. 

• Haha 7

Baby Don't Lie should've went #1 😅

• Like 2

Everything after the Truth era has served country bore or corny back to school ad

• Thanks 1

Whilst it contained a couple of standout tracks, the overall lack of quality control on her second album permanently damaged her.

• Like 1

No Gwen failed US. After ND flopped in 2012 she should have made another solo album but she kept making clothes then went on the voice and married a Trump fan. She gets no sympathy from me!! :giraffe:

We??? Please… :clack:

I love her country song that was released earlier this year (Purple Irises)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sweetsexysavage said:

Asking For It is sooo underrated. It deserved better. 

not the Fetty Wap song :doc:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Gwen failed us.

Why is this giving current Katy Perry? :gaycat7:

• Haha 5

Gwen failed me with The Sweet Escape album. I was ready for "What You Waiting For?" sized mega smashes and heart-wrenchingly devastating mid-tempos like "Cool" and instead we got "Sex and sugar is the flavor, Ovens and beaters and graters, Beats made of bongos and shakers, Its time to make you sweat." :chick3:

• Like 3

I wanted a final album from her and fergie :emofish:

I like it but did anyone actually think that song would be successful?

She kinda had a chance with UTYL and MMYL but after those under performed there was no coming back.

Stawp slow clap tells everything about her flop story. 

She was great in No Doubt (especially early), but solo, she was not it, her voice is a hard listen

... Gwen failed Gwen

I love Gwen as I say this, but she failed her fanbase.

After No Doubt's reunion album flopped in 2012, she got divorced and went full-bender on betraying her brand as the cool punk/rock chick. Huge alienation from the gays/Julias that made the majority of her fanbase: she stopped doing rock/camp stuff, started adopting her husband as her identity (when does Blake do anything Gwen-coded while she wears cowboy hats and boots?), and makes sure you know she is a devout Catholic and that she has fumbling all her talent/skill because it's all "from the Lord".

She is legendary for what she's given us, but she has no bite anymore. Things used to be edgy and irreverent and daring, but now it's been watered down so much it's just...blah. No one who likes/liked her understands the transformation.

I will say that the ND show at Coachella was pretty rad. I didn't expect to see that glimpse of 'old Gwen' so maybe she dials in on that again for new projects/global audiences. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.