Who will Kamala Harris pick as her running mate?

jakeisphat

2024 Democratic Vice Presidential Selection  

132 members have voted

1. 1. Who will Kamala Harris choose?

• Josh Shapiro - Governor of Pennsylvania
    • Roy Cooper - Governor of North Carolina
    • Andy Beshear - Governor of Kentucky
    • Pete Buttigieg - U.S. Secretary of Transportation
    • Mark Kelly - Senator from Arizona
    • Jon Ossoff - Senator from Georgia
    • Julián Castro - Former Secretary of Housing & Urban Development
    • Sherrod Brown - Senator from Ohio
    • Beto O'Rourke - Former Congressman from Texas
    • Someone Else - List Below

As someone who lives in AZ, Kelly would be a bad choice imo. I don't see Kamala winning AZ even with him.

Shapiro makes the most sense on paper imo, but those Israel stances are definitely troubling. Beshear would be the best overall choice as far as electability and policy imo.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gui Blackout

• Relampago.

• Musicmajor

• Communion

Behsear more and more makes the most sense, although it seems that at the moment they're leaning towards Shapiro. Not an awful choice, but Beshear covers more bases. 

• ATRL Moderator

I wonder if the Harris campaign is going to make a note of Shapiro quietly settling sexual harassment allegations in his camp?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/josh-shapiro-s-administration-quietly-paid-295k-to-settle-sexual-harassment-claims-against-a-top-aide/ar-AA1iArfb

I think Beshear is the safest choice for playing to the swing states. Shapiro would get them PA but I don't see him adding anything else to the ticket and I feel like Harris could still win PA without him.

Oop just watched the interview where Beshear "Not Like Us"'s Vance.

Hottie and cvnty. Let's get him in. Shapiro can support in campaigning in PA but we don't need the baggage.

Kelly has union issues

Shapiro has sexual harassment issues 

@Communion am I crazy or is blue dog gov in a red state with minor controversy over legal rep the best choice?

My deepest dread is that she's going to pick the ultra-Zionist monster. The homosexual automaton would also be just as much of a turn-off, though there's like... zero chance she picks him, thankfully.

Andy Beshear, Tim Walz, Roy Cooper would keep my mind at ease. Shapiro and Buttigieg would be great picks for continuing the Biden trajectory of being repulsive to younger voters, however.

I like Kelly. Someone with military experience will go a long way to help her.

5 hours ago, Relampago. said:

As someone who lives in AZ, Kelly would be a bad choice imo. I don't see Kamala winning AZ even with him.

Shapiro makes the most sense on paper imo, but those Israel stances are definitely troubling. Beshear would be the best overall choice as far as electability and policy imo.

Biden won AZ last election. 

8 hours ago, toxicgenie said:

I like Kelly. Someone with military experience will go a long way to help her.

Biden won AZ last election. 

I know, but that was a very different time and things have changed since then. 

AZ isn't fond of what's happening here. There's been a massive influx of people into Phoenix Metro and the inflation rates here have been some of the highest in the country. Biden hasn't been popular here at all and I can see the change in perception of the democratic party since 2020. Obviously, much of this is the fault of COVID and other factors far outside of Biden's control, but people don't see it that way.

Arizonans very much love their AZ heroes (McCain, Kelly, etc.) but Phoenix Metro has been on a downward trend in a lot of people's eyes here. You need Phoenix and Maricopa county to win AZ. I don't think Kamala has a great shot nor do I think Kelly will help her a lot in winning nor is AZ needed to win the presidency. I think it would be a huge misfire to choose Kelly, even though I do like him as our senator. 

13 hours ago, slik said:

Kelly has union issues

Shapiro has sexual harassment issues 

@Communion am I crazy or is blue dog gov in a red state with minor controversy over legal rep the best choice?

Kelly just endorsed the PRO Act, so at least that's not as big of a problem from an optics point atm

15 hours ago, Bloo said:

I wonder if the Harris campaign is going to make a note of Shapiro quietly settling sexual harassment allegations in his camp?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/josh-shapiro-s-administration-quietly-paid-295k-to-settle-sexual-harassment-claims-against-a-top-aide/ar-AA1iArfb

Why? He wasn't personally involved or aware, and the aide accused was removed from the administration. 

Was it a dealbreaker for Bernie after several female staffers came forward with sexual harassment allegations in his 2016 campaign? 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/10/bernie-sanders-apologizes-for-sexual-harassment-in-2016-campaign.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

when is the deadline to make a decision?

2 hours ago, spree said:

My guess is August 18th. That's the day before the DNC starts. But I'm guessing she will decide before that. In 2020, Joe announced that he had picked Kamala 8 days before the convention - but he had way more time to vet candidates. 

2 hours ago, spree said:

August 7th is what I saw

• ATRL Moderator
4 hours ago, Gui Blackout said:

Why? He wasn't personally involved or aware, and the aide accused was removed from the administration. 

Was it a dealbreaker for Bernie after several female staffers came forward with sexual harassment allegations in his 2016 campaign? 

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/01/10/bernie-sanders-apologizes-for-sexual-harassment-in-2016-campaign.html

I love how you mention Bernie when no one else is mentioning him. Stay on topic, babe. :toofunny2:

Oh yeah, Beshear is the choice that feels best. Especially in that recent interview on CNN, I'm listening!!!

It better be Beshear and I swear to god if they **** this up...

2 hours ago, Bloo said:

I love how you mention Bernie when no one else is mentioning him. Stay on topic, babe. :toofunny2:

Just pointing out a double standard :michael: Over the past couple of days some people (noticeably from the left) have been bringing up this case of the former aide like it's a stain on Shapiro's reputation and a disqualification from VP consideration. Meanwhile a similar situation wasn't a big deal for other politicians, like Bernie, so it doesn't feel like a good faith argument. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• ATRL Moderator
10 minutes ago, Gui Blackout said:

Just pointing out a double standard :michael: Over the past couple of days some people (noticeably from the left) have been bringing up this case of the former aide like it's a stain on Shapiro's reputation and a disqualification from VP consideration. Meanwhile a similar situation wasn't a big deal for other politicians, like Bernie, so it doesn't feel like a good faith argument. 

There are much more substantial problems with Shapiro. But me just linking to something that might possibly pop up in the vetting process (you know, the phase where they consider possible scandals that could be used in the news cycle) is entirely fair. I didn’t say he should be solely disqualified from that story alone. So, no, there is no double standard here. An actual double standard would be if I advocated for Kamala picking Bernie as a VP pick and then said Shapiro should be disqualified solely because of that one allegation. If I had done that, then there would be an actual double standard. I hope this clarifies any confusion on the matter. 

But, by all means, feel free to dunk on Bernie in your own time. I couldn’t care less. But it’s very irrelevant to my post. 

Beshear needs Queer Eye to give him a makeover ASAP. If he had a better haircut, fits, and some confidence he would be perfect. 

I like Pete a lot but I don't think America is ready.

Y'all saying Pete :dies: there goes every single vote from anyone who isn't a leftist. She's not choosing Pete, probably Shapiro

Beshear!!! He's such a class act, and he devours in debates. 

I would not be upset with Beshear at all but I think Tim Walz of MN is incredible! He has done so much with a slim majority, he's GOLD on TV and Naturally charismatic too. I didn't know much about him prior to a few days ago but the more I see and hear about him, I am loving him. He would be a great choice and excite younger voters even MORE. Anyone else is tricky, especially Shapiro with his views on Isreal. I THINK Kamala's team knows they have such momentum with younger voters right now, I don't think they would want to lose that with Shapiro. 

• Like 2

I'm really warming up to Tim Walz.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.