What caused ATRLs downfall?

Distantconstellation

When I joined I remember it was a lot more active and threads about basic shade got into 30-40 pages easily 

But honestly this is the only music forum I visit, everyone is on X or tik tok now

• Like 1

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Josh

• May

• selena_lavigne

• ZEBRA

Idk but i hate random celebrity promos in the top banner. It kills the visual branding and I really dont want to see celebs that i dont like on the banner. Do the celebs pay for the banner tho? If they do then keep it :clap3:

the lights are still very much on in here 

Edited by ImsoLOUD

35 minutes ago, Companion said:

Idk but i hate random celebrity promos in the top banner. It kills the visual branding and I really dont want to see celebs that i dont like on the banner. Do the celebs pay for the banner tho? If they do then keep it :clap3:

They do yes!! That's why Jlo's album flopped bc there was no banner on release day! :suburban:

• Haha 1

girl you've never seen a dead forum. this godforsaken site is alive as hell

• Like 1

We need more controversial members to boost interest 

woke generation 

• Like 1

There's no downfall. The user traffic to ATRL is extremely stable which is a good thing for forums in 2024.

everybody say THANK YOU ATRL STAFF :clap3:

• Like 1

• ATRL Moderator

Moderation. They let anyone be a mod these days

:clack:

Demi stopped being messy

2 hours ago, ZEBRA said:

woke generation 

This being your first post after being here for 7 months??? :dies:

• Haha 3

Cheap server, overmoderation, closing of SYG and NHB, twitter becoming the center of stan culture in the early 2010s.

• Thanks 1

It's better than other forums but it declined when people started to get too soft and it got stricter :lakitu: People came here for the mess

7 hours ago, Komet said:

This being your first post after being here for 7 months??? :dies:

symbolic

Server wipe in 2016 and unstable site for years that most kinda left :clack:

I do miss active 2008 - 2011 days even YTT was active asf but guess most of us grew older and new gen kinda came but they are into the base stuff now.  

But as someone who's been on most music forums like FOTP, COP, *** and few others I forgot the name for. Atrl has never died or became a graveshift like those 

19 hours ago, politeone said:

I wish there wAs more support for other genres and artists outside of just pop. Imagine a popular hip hop section 🤔 but it is still good for general discussions on pop generally 

Lipstick Alley

Forums are becoming outdated. I'm sure Gen Z is memeing them using like "What a millenial thing to do" :ryan3:

People now prefer Discord chats to share about the same topics.

People afraid to go for the jugular because of WPs - before it was an All out brawl

• Like 1

I think a number of people just transitioned to Reddit as they got older, since it encompasses all elements of life through its various subreddits. For the number of other pop forums that actually died, you have subreddits like popheads and popculturechat that are just booming with activity—having millions of users each.

It definitely helps to be accessible to encourage both growth and activity.

- Bad server

- #Indieheaux fans leaving  

- Poor mod choices

The fact we livin in a woman's world, i fear.

:jonnycat:

How many daily users in ATRL? 

TikTok (and IG somewhat) is my main social media I used nowadays, for all of its faults (and there are A LOT) they are definitely current and tapped into what is relevant in 2024. Whenever I come on ATRL (and the v rare times I use Twitter) I feel like I'm transported back into the 2010s... just the topics, the celebs that are discussed, etc. it just doesn't feel v current IMHO.

I love ATRL, I've been here for over a decade but that's jmo.

On 7/21/2024 at 2:01 AM, Keter said:

Here and LSA are still chugging along. LSA is basically our sister site the way y'all steal posts from over there! 

ktt2 is more active than both which is crazy. power of hip hop fans.

gen z

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.