• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Enrique523

• BrokenMachine

• Nefertiti0

• Broken

But it's not 2010 anymore, and it is no longer Katy's world. 

Katy Perry's legacy used to be a Teenage Dream but now it's more of an early mid-life crisis nightmare. Unfortunately for her, Katy Perry is a Barbie Girl in a Woman's World. Come on Barbie, let's go retire.

https://themusic.com.au/features/katy-perry-womans-world-review-feminism/nCAijrGws7I/13-07-24

The clown truly came back to bite her :deadbanana2:

sKUpJoc.gif

2 hours ago, Trent W said:

She already had 2 Bionic eras :skull:

She's on her 3rd round 

:deadbanana2:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Broken said:

@Apolonio @TomTom 

@State of Grace. @Bimbo

?

ezgif-3-a4b25daec3.jpg

OT: 

A MEGA BOMB.

Omfg yess we need that update! 

spacer.png

spacer.png

2 hours ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

The way this is honesty an alright global debut for Katy but the US numbers... :deadbanana4:

And you just know Lukasz is partially to blame or it would probably be opening closer to 3M :deadbanana4:

Global Spotify:

Never Really Over: 2.83M

Woman's World: WW 2.26M

Small Talk: 1.99M

Daisies: 1.72M

Harleys In Hawaii: 1.72M

Cry About It Later: 1.32M

US Spotify:

Never Really Over: 1.03M

Small Talk: 703k

Daisies: 575k

Harleys In Hawaii: 530k

Woman's World: 501k

Never Worn White: 416k

If only NRO and HIW had the promo campaign of WW they would have been even way bigger

1 hour ago, State of Grace. said:

My favorite thing about this bomb is the way it basically killed Luke's big pop girl ambitions and any chance he had at winning back the gayz! It's so clear that this entire album campaign was an attempt at clearing his image with a (former) MPG capitalizing on nostalgia and "female empowerment". Not a single big artist with an ounce of self-respect and more than 2 brain cells will work him after this.

Back to working with Lourdiz and Lil Durk rat!

giphy.gif

mothercain.thumb.gif.d98227d5c20dcbfa13f

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 10

Just go ahead and go back to that Idol chair, ma'am :coffee2:

OT: deserved tbh 

I told you the few remaining people who still supported her career were going to jump ship because of the Dr. production. It also doesn't help the song being mid af s:wan:

Edited by BrokenMachine

it was bad for her, it was really bad for her…..and YES i was liking and sharing the shady posts toward her-

spacer.png

Edited by ariesgroove
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Brooke Candy said:

Gaga will bomb and flop with "Dance In The Shadow Of The Moon" like there's no tomorrow.

So little Monsters need to sit the f**ck down.

Katy has set the bar so low that Gaga could have the lowest debut of her career and it would still stomp whatever is happening here with Katy. :ahh:

----

I truly don't know how they move forward from this. They have to scrap and start over.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Anticipating said:

Only 570K filtered streams in 12 hours... will she even do 1M second day? :deadbanana4:

OMG she will barely cross 1m tomorrow 💀💀💀

So she ran back to Dr Luke for nothing? :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

The playlist was bad I was not expecting big numbers but something arround 3 million 

I don't get the hate Katy is getting the song & video are fine

• Like 1

Honestly to me it seems Dr. Luke kinda gave her s**ty music on purpose, like these snippets sound worse than a Kim Petras album :deadbanana4:

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, CovalentBondage said:

Screenshot-20240713-124914-Chrome.jpg

You doing okay? 

:deadbanana2:

2 hours ago, State of Grace. said:

My favorite thing about this bomb is the way it basically killed Luke's big pop girl ambitions and any chance he had at winning back the gayz! It's so clear that this entire album campaign was an attempt at clearing his image with a (former) MPG capitalizing on nostalgia and "female empowerment". Not a single big artist with an ounce of self-respect and more than 2 brain cells will work him after this.

Back to working with Lourdiz and Lil Durk rat!

giphy.gif

:clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3::clap3:

I also think this and the good sis @Virgos Groove's post below sums up where this whole affair was bound to land and where it NEEDED to land.

On 6/20/2024 at 1:02 PM, Virgos Groove said:

Even if we were to ignore the moral disaster this decision entails (and no, we're NOT gonna ignore it), it's embarassing that she's returning to Luke in the hopes of getting a hit.

For years, her haters have attributed her success to Luke and she went ahead and said "YES! That's correct! Me and my 15-year-old career are hopeless without Dr. Luke! I am literally incapable of producing a hit without a rapist! ☝️😃". Does she have zero confidence in her artistry? :dies:

There are endless producers, both established and up-and-coming, who would work with her, but she's gonna rehabilitate an abuser instead. Like @Communion said, this doesn't just deserve to bomb, it needs to. It needs to bomb so hard it sends ripples through the industry and no one dares touching his recycled beats ever again.

The only enjoyable thing about this bombing will hopefully see any comeback Luke hoped for completely up-ended.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, Jake Frank said:

But it's not 2010 anymore, and it is no longer Katy's world. 

Katy Perry's legacy used to be a Teenage Dream but now it's more of an early mid-life crisis nightmare. Unfortunately for her, Katy Perry is a Barbie Girl in a Woman's World. Come on Barbie, let's go retire.

https://themusic.com.au/features/katy-perry-womans-world-review-feminism/nCAijrGws7I/13-07-24

This is ruthless wtf :deadbanana2:

There's a chance that she's about to lose 1M filtered streams on the 2nd day :deadbanana4:

Edited by Mr. Blue_Shirt

I don't revel to see her flop. But when you put out a song that sounds like that, with that kind of message, with the optics and everything behind it in its conception, what do you expect? Surely someone in her team could have foreseen this...

Edited by Gladiator

3 hours ago, Communion said:

She's literally LESS SUCCESSFUL WITH HIM NOW than she was during Witness and Smile.

This is literally doing WORSE than Chained to the Rhythm and Never Really Over. He played her and now she looks like an idiot banking her career on this.

Let's be honest: Katy has always been extremely dumb. I didn't mind in the past because her brains were never the reason i listened to her music in the first place. But her more hardcore stans always say that she was smarter than she looked, that she was behind all the reasons her career was a success,... But no, she truly is dumb. Back in the day she was just extremely lucky to have all the right songs at the right time, she was never a pop mastermind in any way.

I swear, voluntarily choosing to go back to L*ke in 2024 to make a "female empowerment anthem"... i still can't fully believe how insanely stupid that is. I NEVER want to hear anybody tell me that Katy is anything but a dumb dumb ever again, there's no place for doubt anymore at this point :rip:

• Thanks 4

10 years ago would you believe in 2024 Charli XCX is having her biggest era yet on her 6th album meanwhile Katy Perry is struggling to debut on the Hot 100... just wow. 

3 hours ago, Brooke Candy said:

Gaga will bomb and flop with "Dance In The Shadow Of The Moon" like there's no tomorrow.

So little Monsters need to sit the f**ck down.

Look i hate Gaga too but this is not the thread for this :toofunny3:

Bashing Gaga is not going to make Katy look any better, trust me :toofunny3:

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.