Katy Perry - '143'

livelikemusic
Oxygen
Message added by Oxygen,

143 = I love you

wow okay so i guess im done listening to the album. that was fast. its not as terrible as the reviews suggest. nothing really innovative but not a steaming pile of garbage. i wonder what the deluxe tracks will bring. 

now i wanna listen to Double Rainbow

d6MFU84.gif

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• halcyonday

• Ramcoro

• thismoment

• Kayzan

Tour announcement supposed to come next week. 

I wonder if it'll be postponed due to the panning and performance of the album.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Raphy23 said:

Anyone have a livestream to Rock in Rio? I wanna catch Katy's set and I don't live in Brazil. 

A link is on Katy's youtube page

Edited by Phaunzie
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rocket said:

The alleged tour dates are already "postponed"...all arenas so probably fake from the stat idk tho 

18 minutes ago, Twilish said:

Godvana
Grammy Grammy

I'm heaven he's god 

the current trinity :WAP:

I'm heaven, he's god actually sounds like a good title. lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The bonus tracks are not it for me. 

i think the reviews are a but harsh, I give the album at least a 7/10 

26 minutes ago, Rocket said:

Surely they expected the panning and bombing from the singles reactions already tbh. I suppose they'll try to capitalize on Rock in Rio and announce it. 

I still think she could easily sell out arenas in major cities if it's a greatest hits tour since nostalgia has always been a massive touring hook, but if the setlist is mostly 143 + her big hits only then.....good luck. It'd be a Feed the Beast Tour curtain'd mess. :laugh: 

Edited by State of Grace.

My two cents:

The way she let Dr. Luke do 10/11 (virtually the whole album) is WILD. His sound is old and dated.

After listening... 

Keep:

"ARTIFICIAL" feat. JID

"WONDER"

"GIMME GIMME" feat. 21 Savage

Remove:

EVERYTHING ELSE.

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

People go to the tour for her career hits, so her new album won't matter for that

JT's last album was panned and a flop and his current tour is a big success.

I listened, it's definitely not as bad as the critics are saying. It's just basic Katy Perry but more bland and lacks creativity. The only song that really captured that sound in a decent way was Wonder and kinda Nirvana.

i wish there was more tracks produced by Cirkut and Stargate, wonder is a standout track on the album and feels like a real Katy Perry song, not the other lifeless uninspired tracks 

4 minutes ago, Malumas lover said:

I fuckin love this album

Me

Okay so I've listened to it a few times now to digest it properly instead of reacting based off a first listen

And it gets worse with every listen :toofunny2: I love my girl but it's just not clicking with me very much. My favourite song is Wonder, it's very cute, very Prism-esque and reminds me of Cover Me In Sunshine

That being said, like Witness, this is not as bad as everyone's making it out to be, this is not a 3.5/10 album, it's a 5/10 at worst

Oh yeah and whoever was around the table when the decision was made to release WW as the lead needs to be FIRED. So many other better songs to choose from

Edited by Mordecai

This is good! **** the critics and the messy bottoms.

My top 5 in no particular order:

-I'm His, He's Mine

-All The Love

-Nirvana

-Artificial

-Wonder

• Like 1

CANADIAN KATS.

Where do you buy this? I've been to three shops and none of them ordered it!!!

One of my bestie wants the vinyl but all of regular shops won't stock it. They didn't even order the indie!!!

Amazon?

4 hours ago, Dark Miracles said:

oH no Godme Godme is whacking me so good

tumblr_inline_nns7epAhTX1r3pf0x_400.gif

What show is this gif from?

is her team beefing w spotify ? 'cuz there is no pop-ups nor notifications ever since album release (even though i pre-saved & followed)

Have been listening to 143 the whole day 

:jonnycat:

"Turn it up Luke!, we love you Luke, yay for the new record, for the album, 143 album" 

Edited by manuelalex9810
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

It's so funny seeing haters of this album talking about BONUS tracks. Like you hate this album that much that you spend time to found bonus tracks? :suburban: 

But good keep streaming and looking for it. Everybody knew that this album will be panned by critics but thing than can be changed is how this album is going to sell

Edited by BlueBlue
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

• ATRL Moderator
2 hours ago, skwonderfactory said:

Call me delusional, stupid, crazy, insane or whatever you want, but this is a pretty incredible dance-pop record!!! Yes, "WOMAN'S WORLD" is not the greatest but it still grooves. The clear highlights of this album are "GORGEOUS" featuring Kim Petras, "NIRVANA", "ARTIFICIAL" featuring JID, and "WONDER". I honestly think "ARTIFICIAL" might be my favorite song she has ever done, I was FLOORED the first time I heard it. If she performs it live tonight, I am going to lose my f*cking mind!!

The tracks flow seamlessly into one another, there's reference/Easter eggs to Katy Perry's other songs lyrically, and this feels like a fully conceptualized/realized record. Does that mean it is a concept album? No. Also, her vocals have never sounded better or better produced. Yes, I do not like Dr. Luke but I'm not going to deny the fact that he and his collaborators did a damn solid job her. This honestly might be her strongest record to-date.

Song rankings on first listen:

1. "ARTIFICIAL" feat. JID
  2. "WONDER"
  3. "NIRVANA"
  4. "GORGEOUS" feat. Kim Petras
  5. "CRUSH"
  6. "I'M HIS, HE'S MINE" feat. Doechii
  7. "HAS A HEART"
  8. "TRUTH"
  9. "ALL THE LOVE"
  10. "LIFETIMES"
  11. "WOMAN'S WORLD"
  12. "GIMME GIMME" feat. 21 Savage

Current Katy Perry album ranking:

1. 143
  2. Witness
  3. Teenage Dream
  4. Smile
  5. Prism
  6. One of the Boys

Continue to pop off b*tches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jc-uz-l7i-hv7e-dancing.gif

Anyone who considers OOTB to be Katy’s worst album should not be trusted

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, OrgVisual said:

Wonder ON REPEAT :jonny6: :jonny6:

It's so good. :jonnycat:

1 hour ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

My two cents:

The way she let Dr. Luke do 10/11 (virtually the whole album) is WILD. His sound is old and dated.

After listening... 

I'm assuming there was some sort of deal there. Like, he'd charge less of an advance and get less publishing if he did 90% of the album and got all the singles. At least I hope so, cause if she ruined her career because of that man and did it FULL PRICE too :deadbanana2:

• Thanks 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.