What is the biggest female era of all time ?

MoonGoodandHappy

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doctor Dick

• Sweetness

• LegaMyth

• Finkypop

14 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

No offense but it was a soundtrack to a very popular movie and it wasn't just Whitney on it. The soundtrack would've of sold well because of how successful movie was as well as having Whitney on it. Kevin Costner was also probably the biggest actor at the time period, the movie would've of been a success regardless, the producers wanted to even go with some well else but Kevin demaned her. 

The movie was so big because of the soundtrack. More people remember the music but not that film

Just now, LegaMyth said:

The movie was so big because of the soundtrack. More people remember the music but not that film

Didn't the movie come out first though?

Just now, schnetzka said:

Come on Over remains the answer.

Come on Over was huge, but that era was stretched out like crazy amd still couldn't top Jagged Little Pill in Decade-End sales.

2 minutes ago, Sweetness said:

Didn't the movie come out first though?

The soundtrack was out a week before the film.

IWALY was out 3-4 weeks before the film.

Edited by LegaMyth
  • Like 1

I would love it if  Warner updated Madonna Immaculate collection, they did recently in the US so it's at 31 million but I believe the sales have to be higher than that since no major update has been done in decades elsewhere.

3 hours ago, Sweetness said:

No offense but it was a soundtrack to a very popular movie and it wasn't just Whitney on it. The soundtrack would've of sold well because of how successful movie was as well as having Whitney on it. Kevin Costner was also probably the biggest actor at the time period, the movie would've of been a success regardless, the producers wanted to even go with some well else but Kevin demaned her. 

The soundtrack would've NEVER sold as much as it did without Whitney because the singles that blew up from it were her songs and the others didn't become even remotely as big and the very fact that those same songs are far more popular nowadays than the film itself also tells you enough about it. 

Edited by Doctor Dick

3 hours ago, Sweetness said:

Agreed. His fans get so denfensive about this, he wanted to recreate that success and mania around it but it was never going to happen.

3 hours ago, Alexz said:

It is the truth. 

To be fair the man released a hugely massive album as his follow-up that cemented him as a legend. Bad broke the record for most #1 singles from one album, a record held to this day and he sold a massive amount of albums (30+ million copies) and that's only numbers from half of the world given that Eastern Europe and much of Latin America where he was huge didn't have official charts or organizations and were flooded with bootlegged albums. 

Edited by Doctor Dick

On 6/24/2024 at 2:51 AM, elincomprendid said:

is it an era or not? Does the topic talk about albums?

Can these fanbases give a normal answer for once without twisting the question in favor of their favorite artist? It is crystal clear that the question here is about the biggest female era of all time = an album era. What's so hard to understand? "The Eras era"... Lol

Anw OT, probably 21 because i don't wanna include a soundtrack era (The Bodyguard).

9 minutes ago, kyris89 said:

Can these fanbases give a normal answer for once without twisting the question in favor of their favorite artist? It is crystal clear that the question here is about the biggest female era of all time = an album era. What's so hard to understand? "The Eras era"... Lol

Anw OT, probably 21 because i don't wanna include a soundtrack era (The Bodyguard).

Are calling me not normal for replying a question of what I understand is a topic? This seems a little aggressive maybe is time for you to understand that different people have different conceptions

• Like 1

On 6/27/2024 at 5:30 PM, LegaMyth said:

Come on Over was huge, but that era was stretched out like crazy amd still couldn't top Jagged Little Pill in Decade-End sales.

And yet it is the highest-selling female album of all time. Not sure how longevity - literally a four-year era - is a detractor.

• Like 1

My Everything by Ariana deserves a little recognition in these replies. It's not the biggest era but to also not see it mentioned while people are mentioning Future Nostalgia and BTW :deadbanana2: Ariana owned 2014, performed on every stage and got four top 5 hits that year! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 minutes ago, Twizzy said:

My Everything by Ariana deserves a little recognition in these replies. It's not the biggest era 

Then no it doesn't deserve a mention 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DammnBaby said:

And yet it is the highest-selling female album of all time. Not sure how longevity - literally a four-year era - is a detractor.

It may not be though. Alanis could have passed her due to catalog sales.

Not sure how accurate chartmunster is but:

Jagged Jagged Little Pill
Alanis Morissette
11 Come Come On Over
Shania Twain

Also:

20 Let's Talk About Love Edit-pen.jpg
Céline Dion
21 21 Dangerous Edit-pen.jpg
Michael Jackson
22 22 Come On Over Edit-pen.jpg
Shania Twain
Edited by LegaMyth

14 hours ago, ericcartman said:

Then no it doesn't deserve a mention 

It might not deserve one but I was personally surprised to not see one for it despite seeing so many other undeserving eras getting mentions! Unclench for me please 

The Fame monster? Not even close it was successful but not a chance the biggest 

Gaga was just one of Pop girls who took off as The digital era really took off

And why are her Fans putting together The Fame & Fame monster together? 

That's Like Putting the JLo album & J 2 The Lo! The remixes together..

Britney was bigger then Gaga by a ******* margin with her first two albums.

If your gonna go solely on biggest Album sales for a era than its 

30-40 million sellers

Whitney - bodyguard 

Shania - come over 

Alanis- jagged little pill

Celine Dion - falling into you

Adele-m -21

Madonna- the immaculate collection 

20-30 million sellers 

Mariah carey - music box 

Nora Jones - come away with me

Britney - baby one more time 

Carole king - tapestry 

Spice girls - Spice 

Tracy chapman - Tracy chapman 

Touring 

Taylor 

Madonna 

Beyonce 

Pink

Hit singles 

Taylor

Madonna

Mariah 

Rihanna

But seems Taylor's surpassed everyone 

In hits, streams and touring, didn't her US tour gross over $1 billion? 

Im gonna say Taylor I've yet to see anyone absolutely Obliterate everything on a scale she is doing right now.

Britney debut was absolutely ******* massive, some of you ain't old enough to remember obviously, even JLo people snear at her and downplay her Peak but JLo was absolutely massive at her peak especially when you factored in everything that she was dominating, #1 albums,singles,Movies, Her clothing line was a event everyone was wearing her lines, her perfume was number #1 best selling fragrance in multiple countries, look at her radio peaks Im real remix was ******* Huge on radio (one of the biggest radio hits in Airplay history) she spent 11 weeks back to back at number #1 with Remixes, her remix album became the first Remix album in history 

And she also at her peak became the First artist in history to be number #1 on the Hot100, Hot200 and Airplay at the same time. 

And she became and still is the first and only artist to have a number #1 album and Movie at the same time.

She was breaking all sorts of records and smashing down every barrier there was.

That's actual impact, having big streaming numbers isn't impactful as Been the first ******* artist to Have a number 1 album and movie at the same time, and then becone the first artist to have #1 remix album and Then the first to be number #1 across all formants at the same time.

All while everyone was snatching her clothes and Perfume off the racks in the millions.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.