What is the biggest female era of all time ?

MoonGoodandHappy

I would say 21 or TF/TFM eras at least from what I can remember. I can't speak to eras before 2005, but I'm sure Madonna, Mariah, Whitney and Britney all had some huge eras too, just not sure how the numbers translated to cultural phenomena at their times. 

• Haha 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Doctor Dick

• Sweetness

• Finkypop

• LegaMyth

I'm too young so here's mine imo.

The Fame Monster 

Bey -Self Titled

SNSD - The Boys

Blackpink - The Album

Birtney first 2 years ( heard from my mom/cousins )

1- Come On Over

2- The Bodyguard 

3- 21

4- BOMT

5- TFM

6- Music Box or TEOM

7- True Blue

That's of we are counting era as a single album

If we are talking about peak years I would add Taylor to that list for The Eras era

1 hour ago, Doctor Dick said:

Yes, some. But overall we know what the op meant and it was album eras. 

Well then I guess we can't include Gaga.  Oh well.  

7 minutes ago, byzantium said:

Well then I guess we can't include Gaga.  Oh well.  

The Fame Monster could be included and Taylor's 1989 as well but oh well. 

21 by far.

3 global smashes, selling 30M+ pure in 2010s decade is insane when that's what some of the biggest albums in the peak of 90s album sales sold

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

The Bodyguard Soundtrack era instantly came to mind

Biggest female song ever, biggest female album/soundtrack ever, Grammys sweep (including ROTY and AOTY), box office success/movie star power, global and truly global meaning in every continent including Asia and Africa not just Europe, etc.

I would argue that My Heart Will Go On is the biggest female song ever, but everything else you said is 100% true 

• Like 1

The only viable options are The Bodyguard Soundtrack, 21 and Come On Over.

And the answer is The Bodyguard Soundtrack. This is a very easy answer :skull: 

3 hours ago, byzantium said:

The contenders:

Come On Over

The Bodyguard

Celine 1996-1998

Taylor 2022-present

Honorable mentions

Britney's first two years

Madonna True Blue

Girl, why are you trying to combine multiple albums for some girls and then just use one era for others?

The answer is:

1. The Bodyguard Soundtrack

2. 21

3. Come On Over

4. Let's Talk About Love

5. Music Box

Falling Into You, Baby One More Time, True Blue, Daydream and Jagged Little Pill round out the top ten.

In my lifetime, it's been The Fame/Fame Monster, Lemonade, 21, and Taylor's current era. A few people have been saying Teenage Dream, but I don't think Katy had a grip on pop culture the way Gaga/Adele/Taylor/Beyonce did.

I'm sure Madonna and Britney and the other 90s/80s MPGs had massive eras too but I wasn't alive to experience them.

The Bodyguard

Let's Talk About Love

Come On Over

Jagged Little Pill

Falling Into You

Music Box

BOMT

Tapestry

Let Go

The Fame Monster

Teenage Dream

These are what comes to my mind..

8 hours ago, VioletsandRoses said:

21 was massive in Asia, what are you talking about. It only underperformed in Japan and still sold 360k there which is huge. It sold 1m in the whole continent. In fact 21 and BTW are the only albums during the 10s that sold one million pure. The singles were also massive outside Japan. RITD sold over 4 million in South Korea alone, SLY sold near 3 million and even SFTTR sold close to a million.
-

the answer is 21. It outsold competition 4-5 times. Has insane year ends/sales everywhere and still charts. 

Album sales in Asia:

The Bodyguard - 6M

21 - 1M

The Bodyguard outsold Thriller in Asia while 21 couldn't even outsell BTW or Avril albums. So yes in comparison, 21 wasn't that big in Asia as I said. 
-

The answer is The Bodyguard. 

• Like 1

No, this is definitely between The Bodyguard, 21, or Come On Over.

The Fame/ The Fame Monster is a close runner up too ngl, but she just wasn't as "big" as the other three. 

It def has to be the Bodyguard. To have the best selling soundtrack ever, along with the best selling female song ever. One of the biggest classics in HISTORY that nearly gets mistaken for the National Anthem (I Will Always Love You). It's truly BANANAS.

But 21 comes in at a close second imo, because the way it sold the way it did in the 2010s sells market (the PEAK of piracy and leaks) was truly DISGUSTING work. Like nobody else in YEARSSS before 2010 had sold like that. That album sold as much as the highest selling albums in the 90s. The literal PEAK of album/soundtrack sells :deadbanana2:.

Not only that, she had like 3 Diamond singles come out of that era TOO! Lmaooo! I remember during that time even her lyric videos made by random tweens would amass like 300M+ views lmaooo! It was WILD! :jonnycat:

Edited by cuteboyzay
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.