Taylor set to break Whitney Houston's record

Devin

9 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

A good role model for young people replacing a terrible one :clap3:

How is a billionaire who slanders her exes, sends her fans on people, puts down other women, is a narcissist, releases her album on Kanye's mother's death, dates racists, and destroys the environment a good role model?

Edited by réveuse
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• suburbannature

• Isaiah

• Devin

• CécredSpaces

4 minutes ago, Virgos Groove said:

What a disgusting thing to say. Addiction is a serious illness and suffering from it doesn't make someone a terrible person.

Where did I say she was a terrible person? I simply said role model :bird:

• Thumbs Down 6

the Trump of albums, highly fraudulent yet highly popular 

• Thumbs Down 1

25 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

A good role model for young people replacing a terrible one :clap3:

Oh no we are not doing this. Whitney is still respected to this day and has birthed a generation of singers. Play with someone else's name.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, réveuse said:

It's depressing how black excellence is being replaced by white nonsense.

OOHHH you ATE with this take. :jonnycat:

Only ONE of these albums is iconic though, ironically enough :coffee:

It is quite factual and not "hater!1111" to note that Whitney spent that many weeks atop the chart because she continued to score new fans (and with that new paying costumers) in those weeks because of her hits from that album while Taylor is clinging onto that #1 spot by having the same people buy the same album over and over again

I could bet that if we were to measure individuals who consumed both albums Whitney would have more. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, stars said:

Oh no we are not doing this. Whitney is still respected to this day and has birthed a generation of singers. Play with someone else's name.

None of that makes her a half-decent role model so I said what I said :coffee2:

• Thumbs Down 5

1 minute ago, Doctor Dick said:

It is quite factual and not "hater!1111" to note that Whitney spent that many weeks atop the chart because she continued to score new fans (and with that new paying costumers) in those weeks because of her hits from that album while Taylor is clinging onto that #1 spot by having the same people buy the same album over and over again

I could bet that if we were to measure individuals who consumed both albums Whitney would have more. 

Most of these special edition variants are selling like 20k, the overwhelming majority of her fans are not purchasing them over and over again :rip:

• Thumbs Down 3

4 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Most of these special edition variants are selling like 20k, the overwhelming majority of her fans are not purchasing them over and over again :rip:

They are streaming the songs from the album and the album itself over and over as well, so the same people can still bring multiple units for Taylor's album and keep her at #1. She doesn't have to even get a single new customer as long as her devoted fanbase is strong and keeps listening to her music. Meanwhile Whitney was forced to get additional new costumers each week in order to stay at #1. 

And I don't think there was a larger gap between Billie Eilish and Taylor than those 20k you spoke of but that's beside the point. 

Edited by Doctor Dick
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Isaiah said:

20k is enough to climb the sales charts these days. Fans purchasing every variant is exactly what's keeping TTPD charting.

I can guarantee you no one outside of her fandom is listening to this album :rip:

• Like 2

This album cover is such a tragic photoshoot

1 minute ago, Villas said:

This album cover is such a tragic photoshoot

Well she broke the record for most unique-listeners on Apple Music last year so if it's just her fan base then atp the fan base is bigger than the gp :rip:

• Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

None of that makes her a half-decent role model so I said what I said :coffee2:

Oh, but it most certainly does. You're just trying to cling to the fact that she suffered from drug addiction to tarnish her name (which is very gross by the way), but it will never happen. She's still The Voice and the vocal standard, and will continue to inspire musicians. 

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

Now try to sing better than Whitney. We'll be waiting :ryan3:

Whitney can finally rest in peace. :fan:

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Vegvisir said:

Fans purchasing every variant is exactly what's keeping TTPD charting

Oh yes, an album that is still the most streamed album after its release 2 months ago would definitely have dropped off the charts if not for all the variants.   :skull:

5 minutes ago, Buffy said:

Whitney can finally rest in peace. :fan:

What's this atrocity, OMG :bibliahh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But wow, what a moment I will never forget. A moment that is most unpleasing to me in my career.

26 minutes ago, ttsmu said:

What's this atrocity, OMG :bibliahh:

The best part is 1:10-1:16 :ahh:

3 hours ago, suburbannature said:

I don't respond to people with BMIs above 35 like @Smarticle

Weak drag. Tomatoes.

We waited for your ass to show and that's what you came up with? Booooo :deadbanana2: 

Edited by CécredSpaces
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CécredSpaces said:

Weak drag. Tomatoes.

We waited for your ass to show and that's what you came up with? Booooo :deadbanana2: 

Girl, who tf are you

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, suburbannature said:

Girl, who tf are you

You don't remember me from last night?

• Haha 4

I'm nowhere near a Taylor fan but to see the incredible amount of effort she has put in to get where is right now get laughed at simply bc she's not a gifted vocalist is absurd. Her drive is definitely admirable and the only straight up bad album she has released is the latest one (and Lover :eli: ). She kinda set herself up for lashings though with the rererererereleases so :michael:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.