If Taylor and Rihanna were to release albums same week, who would go #1?

BionicWooHoo

If Taylor and Rihanna were to release albums same week, who would go #1?  

132 members have voted

1. 1. If Taylor and Rihanna were to release albums same week, who would go #1?

• Taylor
    • Rihanna

Which will win out? 
The 1989 versions of TS12 or the 8-year-long Fenty Beauty-induced drought? 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DevilsRollTheDice

• toxicgenie

• BionicWooHoo

• ericcartman

Organically, it would be Rihanna, but Taylor would put out a variant to block her.

Edited by réveuse
  • Like 13
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 6
  • Thumbs Down 11

Taylor with ease

5914e7c1678fe_cc19b4e4.thumb_gifc200.ecd

• Thanks 3

Rihanna has never sold more than 400k once ever just fyi 

• Like 8

Taylor probably.

What is the point of this? Rihanna was never a debut girl. She's a longevity girl. 

• Like 1

Taylor however I DO think Rih can break some of Tay's streaming records if/when she surprise drops her next album 

Taylor. Rihanna literally only has two albums that hit #1 on the Billboard 200 out of 7 releases while all Taylor albums sans debut reached #1

Rihanna had trouble reaching #1 in the Album chart even with Black Friday sales back then, it's within the latest album that she achieved it.

In fact, let's be honest any artist going against Taylor would be a runner-up.

• Like 2

Why you gotta set up Rihanna like that 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Taylor gets away with selling voice notes, I don't see how Rih can't find a way to sell an eyeliner sample and have it chart as an album.

• Haha 2

The revisionism when it comes to Rihanna :rofl:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Kitboga said:

Rihanna has never sold more than 400k once ever just fyi 

Doesn't mean that it's not possible. People have been starving for new Rihanna music for years and many songs (as well as albums) from her discography have experienced a resurgence. The anticipation and demand is definitely there.

Taylor would obviously go #1 but Rihanna would definitely gag her a bit. I don't like how y'all are underestimating Ms. Fenty:deadbanana4:

• Like 1

Judging by their debut history, it's obviously Taylor. This thread is shady boots

:khalyan2:

Taylor. No one except maybe Adele can beat her. 

• Like 1

It took years for Rihanna to even get a #1 album. She for a long time was not a major album seller. While Taylor has always been a strong album seller, but for a long time not a singles seller. 

Taylor would outsell Rihanna based on the shear fact that initial album sales are her strength. 

No one is beating Taylor at debut week in the current music industry, not even Adele (whose last album only came close to a million but couldn't do so). Rih never had anything more than 400k as an opening, and even with insane streaming and demand, I don't think she'll realistically crack 500k. Rih isn't as known to the new generation of music listeners as she's been gone for so long- which is an important crowd to continue to engage to grow sales; like what Taylor did with her TV rereleases to capture new generations: the gen Zs and beyond. I'll be very happy with anything above 200-300k for Rih to be honest. 

Taylor due to sales

it would be more of a conversation on who would win in Streaming

• Thumbs Down 1

Weeks at #1:

Fearless - 11

1989 - 11

folklore - 8

TTPD - 8

Red - 7

Speak Now - 6

Midnights - 6

1989 TV - 6

reputation - 4

evermore - 4

Rihanna (artist) - 3

:khalyan:

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, itshyolee said:

Doesn't mean that it's not possible. People have been starving for new Rihanna music for years and many songs (as well as albums) from her discography have experienced a resurgence. The anticipation and demand is definitely there.

Taylor would obviously go #1 but Rihanna would definitely gag her a bit. I don't like how y'all are underestimating Ms. Fenty:deadbanana4:

Gag her? Taylor just debuted with 2m+ copies. My god....... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.