NME exposes Sabrina's autoplay

Papi Juancho

I haven't been on Spotify in years, and I don't stream at all at the moment. But I remember how annoying it was when King Princess would infilterate all of my playlist recommendations.

Glad to be out of that world.

Edited by The7thStranger
  • Haha 1

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MonsterNavy

• Papi Juancho

• Letemtalk

• FolkLover1989

She's obviously huge and has tons of hype at the moment, but yeah Spotify is doing too much. the fact the hit songs nowadays reach such a big amount of streams is fishy. It's not just her but all the top songs of the last months have been benefiting from this.

Imagine realizing in year 2024 that streams are fake and easy to manipulate :gaycat6:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Starkboy said:

She's obviously huge and has tons of hype at the moment, but yeah Spotify is doing too much. the fact the hit songs nowadays reach such a big amount of streams is fishy. It's not just her but all the top songs of the last months have been benefiting from this.

The song just increased on Saturday again after rising the whole week

Ik it's very popular but they are trying to make it look more popular than Espresso which ain't true lol. 

U2's free album teas

• Haha 3

Her autoplay is inescapable. No wonder these songs are breaking records.

• Like 2

Okay and? What's stopping other artists and their labels from doing this too?

• Like 2

I was playing Brat on smart shuffle and listened to Sabrina like once before, and the 4th song was Espresso :rip: The recommendation algorithm is kinda screwed recently. Same songs keep on playing. There used to be more variety before. Now it is like a radio where they push for certain popular songs

17 hours ago, Pillz said:

Okay and? What's stopping other artists and their labels from doing this too?

From the NME article: "[Spotify] charge a commission on streams funnelled through Discovery mode."

This makes Tinashe's penetration in the Hot 100 extremely impressive. She has no major label pushing it so hard. Pure organic smashing. And we love her for that.

But autoplay has been going on since forever. Labels and artists are just more upfront about it recently. This is why I create my own playlists. 

• Like 5

I mean obviously, they're going to push and recommend the biggest hit currently? :rip:

It's no different than when radios were playing the same songs over and over again and you had to bear because those were the popular songs at that moment. Only difference is you can skip it with Spotify, you couldn't with radio.

The songs are still extremely popular on Tik Tok, so it's clearly not autoplay making people use Sabrina's songs. I don't even care for her like that but you guys are delusional here!

• Like 1

How convenient isnt it? When i unwillingly played eilish songs because it was on autoplay while i was cooking in the other room and gave her streams unwillingly thats not a problem ya think ... i luv sabrina so i dont mind her being on autoplay but why single her out and not eilish and others... whos paying for those articles . Huh?

Dude it's crazy, I use AM so I've never dealt with this. Yesterday my bf and I were in the car for 4 hours and he phone is connected to the car so we used his Spotify. We listened to brat, dopamine, and cowboy carter and please please please started playing immediately following each album :rip: 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

People saying it's not just Sabrina. Yeah we know but it has been mostly sabrina since Espresso came out. Most artist do it for 2 weeks with sabrina it's been two months

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Digitalism said:

People saying it's not just Sabrina. Yeah we know but it has been mostly sabrina since Espresso came out. Most artist do it for 2 weeks with sabrina it's been two months

:coffee:  No lies were told here though....

I don't care. Drake does it all the time so the rest can do it unless the song is good :gaycat5:

Edited by Princess Aurora

On 6/19/2024 at 8:35 PM, Digitalism said:

its mostly been sabrina since

- nonsense

- feather

- espresso

and now please please please. her team has been shoving her on our throats ala camila cabello

I noticed this with Birds of a Feather too. And Of course Espresso and Please please please.

And no you can't tell me it's just algorithm because I listened to pop music at some point when Pespresso is the first one to play after a Fiona Apple album or after I played through all of the "Mix Rock" or "Mix Country" playlist :coffee2:

Edited by Repelex

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.