Perrie - "Tears"

SinnerCity

capital FM better upload her performances asap and not days after so they get all the official views and exposure:flame:

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• WERKER

• DemnisBreezy

and oh I wish she would blow up on tt with that whitney cover and people would get interested in her and check on her music

ok Tears has the potential to be absolutely massive. no kidding, they better go all out for it :flame:

I just watched the live performance of Tears and yeah, she's taking it, the song is a bop and half!!

I'm so excited now like I can barely wait nn :deadbanana2:

I fear she may have spoiled us with the live arrangement of tears because her live vocals ALWAYS elevate her songs. I hope the adlibs are in the studio version because that helped the song pop off a bit more than the teaser implies.

I try not to be negative the chorus is a nice hook but the rest of the song is terrible 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I saw her perform yesterday, the chorus is good, the verses were a little flat. She is a great performer though.

Edited by deux
  • Thanks 1

Live performance is cute.

Am I misremembering that the second single was meant to be dance oriented though? 

Will listen at midnight and report back but it doesn't sound/look like this is going to make much noise for her.

Her talent is going mega viral on Twitter at the moment thanks to her Whitney cover, however sadly that has also just further reinforced how lacking her actual music is in comparison to.. actual good pop songs.

This is a terrible choice for a second single.

• Like 1

haven't read the rest of the thread

but selena gomez recorded a version of this, was supposed to be on her next album

On 6/18/2024 at 1:35 PM, P!nk said:

Am I misremembering that the second single was meant to be dance oriented though? 

At first it was teased it would be a ballad but then the teasing turned into "it's a bad ***** anthem" :rip:

Love it

If Please x3 is smashing, no idea why this couldn't, since it's in the exact same vein. Sultry 80s-inspired midtempo ballad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

this is really good!

love the dreamieness and the vocals are fantastic. it's vibing :ihype:

1 hour ago, GardenPanty said:

haven't read the rest of the thread

but selena gomez recorded a version of this, was supposed to be on her next album

Yeah a snippet of Selena's version was leaked on Twitter almost immediately after this was announced lol 

On 6/18/2024 at 6:35 PM, P!nk said:

1 hour ago, Popboi. said:

At first it was teased it would be a ballad but then the teasing turned into "it's a bad ***** anthem" :rip:

I don't think this was originally the second single. All signs pointed heavily to "Rollercoaster" being up next but I guess they changed their minds?

I listened a few times to the song now and I fear it's going to be DOA :rip: The chorus is cute but everything else is so forgettable.

Also I was hoping the extended version would maybe include the dance break instrumental from her live performance (without the Whitney lyrics ofc) but nope :biblio:

1 hour ago, GRMusic said:

This is a terrible choice for a second single.

I'm not quite feeling it either. I don't exactly hate it but I don't particularly love it either. 

I've previously given her the benefit of the doubt and tried to put a positive spin on this, but I think it's fair now to discuss that her complete lack of artistic direction is a tad… concerning. I completely get wanting to "find your sound" and experiment on your debut album, but.. surely that happens behind the scenes? And then you find a lane and hone in on it?

These faceless, inoffensive, very forgettable writer camp demos are doing her absolutely no favours and are a disservice to her immense talent. Her music isn't offensively bad by any means and I'll bop along now and then, but it isn't particularly "good" either and she's stepping in to an incredibly saturated market without offering anything particularly interesting.

At the moment, this strategy is giving "throw out literally any old **** and see what sticks" and I don't see that working out well for her in the long run. Now I personally don't mind a "jukebox" album if the songs are undeniably good, but that's not really the case here.. she said in previous interviews that she wasn't even sure she wanted to release solo music and honestly we can tell :rip:

She'd see much more success if she leaned in to what people actually want from her which is classic pop rock and power ballads. She has an incredible voice and is a very charismatic person so it's such a shame to see her talent go to waste like this.

I really like this! The chorus is so catchy, definitely have this on my summer playlist. It's a lot stronger than Forget About Us which I enjoyed as well. But this will be on repeat, so good!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.