Chappell Roan

makeawish

3 hours ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGe4mAQB4/

Why are the comments trying to gatekeep Chappell's music? It absolutely baffles me. :psyduck:

Also, TikTok's about her are always mega viral, the people want more Chappell! :supaspaz:

i have half an eye on her subreddit and there was someone talking about gatekeeping there the other day, people always get weird when their semi-obscure faves have a hit (absolutely howling at that tik tok)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Miss Anthropocene

• makeawish

• BeyBronts

• Bamboo

20 minutes ago, makeawish said:

i have half an eye on her subreddit and there was someone talking about gatekeeping there the other day, people always get weird when their semi-obscure faves have a hit (absolutely howling at that tik tok)

It's very strange to me :celestial5:

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

It's very strange to me :celestial5:

it's indie mindset i think, "she's the special thing that only we have discovered and deserve", very tiresome

have also felt a 'you can only really understand her if yr LGBTQ+' vibe (or more specifically lesbian) around some things i've seen and while i guess that's true in terms of some of her songs, one of the good things about music is that it can let you see things from another pt of view, see the similarities in different situations, etc?

i doubt that she'd want to be that exclusive, you get the sense she's a born star

I just don't get the hype. Her TikTok song is cute but I haven't jumped in. Will a girlie recommend her best songs? :thing:

5 hours ago, rihannasbe$tfrnd said:

I just don't get the hype. Her TikTok song is cute but I haven't jumped in. Will a girlie recommend her best songs? :thing:

Red wine supernova was the gateway dr*g for me, then super graphic ultra modern girl, then my kink is karma (wait for the bass in the chorus :jonnycat:) then casual, then pink pony club :heart:

I have only discovered Chappell this year, but I wish I had known about her music sooner! :heart:

It's been a long time since I have been this excited about a new artist, and I love it :duca: Sooo excited to see what comes next from her!

My fave tracks are: 

- Red wine supernova

- Good luck, Babe!

- After Midnight

- Casual

- Coffee

- Pink Pony Club 

- HOT TO GO

- Feminomenom

(OK so basically the whole of Midwest Princess hehe)

Casual GIF by Chappell Roan

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BeyBronts said:

I have only discovered Chappell this year, but I wish I had known about her music sooner! :heart:

It's been a long time since I have been this excited about a new artist, and I love it :duca: Sooo excited to see what comes next from her!

My fave tracks are: 

- Red wine supernova

- Good luck, Babe!

- After Midnight

- Casual

- Coffee

- Pink Pony Club 

- HOT TO GO

- Feminomenom

(OK so basically the whole of Midwest Princess hehe)

Casual GIF by Chappell Roan

Your list is missing my kink is karma :gaycat5:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

Your list is missing my kink is karma :gaycat5:

The album has no skips :clap3:

1 minute ago, BeyBronts said:

The album has no skips :clap3:

I f*cking love her :clap3:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

This moment in Chappell's career feels like late 2008 when The Fame had been out for a bit and was finally starting to make real noise. She feels exciting in the same way that Gaga did in those days. 

Edited by PoisonPill
  • Like 6

I'm here for this base! Obsessed with her! 

• Like 1

the smashery??? Oh Chappell MainPopGirlRoan...

• Like 1

That song on autoplay on Spotify is amazing!

OK I'm sorry I didn't include Picture You and Kaleidoscope in my list of top songs :alexz:

Good Luke, Babe is definitely song of the summer. 

• Like 4

3 songs top 100 Spotify….shes smashing your honor :jonny5::flame::bam:

• Like 2

album is #16 on the billboard 200 this week, am actually shook! it's even top 40 over here and hardly anything charts over here at all for more than about 3 weeks

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Dula Peep said:

3 songs top 100 Spotify….shes smashing your honor :jonny5::flame::bam:

Talent is winning :jonny5:

Obsessed with the Guilty Pleasure atm it gives me blue Monday vibes. Also, is she yodelling in the bridge? Anyways I love what she's doing with her voice :WAP:

36 minutes ago, Miss Anthropocene said:

Obsessed with the Guilty Pleasure atm it gives me blue Monday vibes. Also, is she yodelling in the bridge? Anyways I love what she's doing with her voice :WAP:

Guilty Pleasure was the best album track truly :jonnycat: the bridge is otherworldly :jonnycat:

Posted (edited)

It feels so wrong to me that Pink Pony Club isn't an inescapable smash while Good Luck Babe, Red Wine Supernova, and HOT TO Go are all having a moment (these are some of my other favs too tho dont come for me) :chick1: I discovered PPC right when it came out in 2020 right at the start the pandemic and that has always felt like her thesis statement and signature song to me. I know its been slowly growing on streaming but I hope it really has a big moment soon. I feel like her louder and raunchier songs (that I also love) have been getting more traction but Pink Pony is just so special to me :heart:

Edited by Bamboo
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, skankle said:

Guilty Pleasure was the best album track truly :jonnycat: the bridge is otherworldly :jonnycat:

The way there's not a single skip on this album I- :WAP:

she did that

Guilty Pleasure feels like the black sheep of the album to me. I kind of hate how its just tacked on at the end.

Also another pet peeve with the tracklisting is I feel like Pink Pony Club should close the album and California should come right before it. Narratively I feel like Pink Pony Club is kind of the resolution of the feelings expressed California. If she ended up leaving California after all it would make sense, but its the opposite!

Idk I know its not a concept album like that but this has always been a pet peeve of mine :gaycat3:

if i have a problem with the album it's the way that picture you and kaleidoscope are sequenced one after the other, for me they're the least good songs on the album (esp picture you) and kinda kill the momentum for me after MKIK. but it gets going again after that and i trust that i'll click with them more eventually. i think guilty pleasures is a good closer, needs to end on a big moment like that.

i can tell she's a star now, we've had the traditional industry plant allegations (eyeroll) on twitter and now we're getting the wave of "she's been around for years!" defences drowning them out. asking dodgy men on twitter to do one second of research before crying "industry plant": is this a woman in an area of the music industry that you don't pay attention to? maybe that you look down on a little? because yr perhaps a bit of a dick? pricks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.