Pop Emergency: Fortnight about to leave Top 10 on Spotify

.Odyssey.

TTPD doing 55M after one month is poop emergency? 

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WildHeart

• More Than A Melody

• Feanor

• Digitalism

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)

Only swifties listen to this song. Eventually they get bored of it, which I understand.

Outside of the Swiftie bubble, which consists out of many girlies who don't have jobs and listen to Swift all day, no one cares about this song. 

Edited by Patient Zero
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, More Than A Melody said:

She's obviously not flopping but the album has 31 tracks, 55 million is obviously good, but far far from the absolute chart monster that Taylor can show she can be:rip:

Bad Bunny was pulling 55 million with 23 songs after 28 days since release with Un Verano Sin Ti. And that was two years ago when Spotify was MUCH smaller. All tracks from UVST were above 115 on Spotify Global, 21/23 were in the top 100. 14/23 were in the top 50, and he had 5 in the top 10.

In comparison, TTPD has 15/31 tracks out of Spotify charts entirely. And 23/31 are out of the top 50. No songs in the top 10. And Bad Bunny wasn't on tour.

Do you ever tire of spewing complete inaccuracies in Taylor threads? 

So because UVST, literally *the* biggest album in the history of Spotify, was pulling more, Taylor's isn't a chart monster? :rip: What is this logic?

58 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

No it's not :rip:

My fav's own album was pulling better numbers on average, it's just that it was 13 tracks instead of 31. Here you go, do math yourself. 1.9m average per track vs 1.7m average per track. 12/13 tracks still charting on Spotify Global. And once again, that's two years ago, when Spotify was much smaller than it is now. And this is with Harry being nowhere near of the streaming monster Bad Bunny and Taylor are.

Or what about Olivia Rodrigo's Sour, 11/11 tracks charting a month in. 33M+ total and an average of 3M+ per track.

And I'm sure there's plenty of others. Biggest? Could be, it has 31 tracks :rip: and she's obviously huge, but it's nowhere near the best performing one.

Your fav so ridiculous numbers, know your place 

She's obviously not flopping but the album has 31 tracks, 55 million is obviously good, but far far from the absolute chart monster that Taylor can show she can be:rip:

Bad Bunny was pulling 55 million with 23 songs after 28 days since release with Un Verano Sin Ti. And that was two years ago when Spotify was MUCH smaller. All tracks from UVST were above 115 on Spotify Global, 21/23 were in the top 100. 14/23 were in the top 50, and he had 5 in the top 10.

In comparison, TTPD has 15/31 tracks out of Spotify charts entirely. And 23/31 are out of the top 50. No songs in the top 10. And Bad Bunny wasn't on tour.

Not the comparison being… the most successful album ever on Spotify :suburban:

and y'all start crying when swifties rightfully start dragging your faves... stop making dumbass threads :heart:

• Thanks 2

No it's not :rip:

My fav's own album was pulling better numbers on average, it's just that it was 13 tracks instead of 31. Here you go, do math yourself. 1.9m average per track vs 1.7m average per track. 12/13 tracks still charting on Spotify Global. And once again, that's two years ago, when Spotify was much smaller than it is now. And this is with Harry being nowhere near of the streaming monster Bad Bunny and Taylor are.

Or what about Olivia Rodrigo's Sour, 11/11 tracks charting a month in. 33M+ total and an average of 3M+ per track.

And I'm sure there's plenty of others. Biggest? Could be, it has 31 tracks :rip: and she's obviously huge, but it's nowhere near the best performing one.

not you telling us to do the math when you don't understand how averages work :rip:

yes, and?

we been known this was gonna happen x

boring ass song-reject from midnights

1 hour ago, Patient Zero said:

Only swifties listen to this song. Eventually they get bored of it, which I understand.

Outside of the Swiftie bubble, which consists out of many girlies who don't have jobs and listen to Swift all day, no one cares about this song. 

I'm sure the artist with the highest peak of UNIQUE listeners on Spotify EVER is not being called "local to her fanbase" BE SERIOUS for once:deadbanana2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WildHeart said:

You can't compare averages of 13 tracks album and 31 tracks album, what? :deadbanana2:

Ofc an album with 30 tracks would have worse average than an album with 13 tracks. More songs = less average.

That doesn't mean Harry would do 59M with 31 tracks album or Taylor would do 22M with 13 tracks album. 

First 13 tracks 

TTPD - 37.44M (despite there being 18 other tracks) 

Harry's House - 23.3M 

They are not even close and this shows how nonsensical your "average" thing is... 

Are you counting with your feet? Harry's House did 23.3 with the first 12 tracks, Boyfriends wasn't charting. I literally said so in the message you're quoting.

TTPD streams today:

1. Fortnight 6,106,167
  2. ICDIWABH 4,293,876
  3. Down Bad 3,167,850
  4. WAOLOM? 2,672,089
  5. GAS? 2,572,425
  6. SLL 2,446,195
  7. BDILH 2,295,466
  8. MBOBHFT 2,219,010
  9. TSMWEL 2,025,837
  10. TTPD 1,914,468
  11. Florida 1,897,951
  12. SHS 1,737,965

Total: 33,349,299

With 13 tracks it was 34.9M not 37.4, so you'd already added 2.5M out of thin air, but then you also added the thirteenth track. Not that IT MATTERS, considering these are 2024 numbers compared to 2022. The least streamed track on the Global chart in 2022 had 800K and today it has 1.3M. The most streamed track in 2022 had 8.1M, today it has 12.7M, yes, of course the numbers will be inherently bigger. Are you slow?

And EVEN THEN, what I was arguing was WHICH ALBUM PERFORMED BETTER. PERFORMED. Not which album was BIGGER. If 12/13 tracks are charting on Spotify Global, then that album which is charting 92% of its tracks, is performing better than an album with 16/31 tracks charting. That's 51% of the album. Do I need to bring in the definition of P E R F O R M I N G. It's not my fault that she decided to release a 31 track long double album. When we're talking about artists this big and with such a big fanbase, usually people stream their albums front to bag at least in the first few months. The fact that her album loses steam halfway through is definitely a sign that it's not performing that well.

Midnights performed better with 15/20 tracks charting a month in. She was also #2 on Global with her lead. Or are you gonna tell me that 16/31 is better than 15/20 as well?

Also, it's not lost on me how you fully ignored me bringing up Sour.

1. g4u 8,509,557
  2. deja vu 4,129,439
  3. traitor 3,323,681
  4. drivers license 3,114,461
  5. happier 3,049,186
  6. favorite crime 2,657,514
  7. brutal 2,129,673
  8. jealousy jealousy 1,927,714
  9. efy 1,656,108
  10. 1sf3sb 1,448,646
  11. huo 1,185,944

Total: 33.131.923

TTPD's first 11 tracks: 31,611,334. Three full years of Spotify growth later.

Sour's positions on Spotify Global track vs track against TTPD:

1. g4u #1 - fortnight #10
  2. deja vu #7 - ICDWABH #13
  3. traitor #10 - down bad #22
  4. drivers license #12 - waolom #36
  5. happier #14 - guilty as sin? #39
  6. favorite crime #19 - so long london #42
  7. brutal #26 - bdilh #47
  8. jealousy jealousy #31 - mbobhft #49
  9. efy #43 - tsmwel #57
  10. 1sf3sb #52 - ttpd #66
  11. hope ur ok #72 - florida #69

Are you gonna argue that TTPD is performing better than Sour too? I never argued that Taylor was flopping. I'm arguing that her album isn't "the best performing one." It's probably the biggest by virtue of its length, being so recent and Spotify growing so much, and of course, her own monstruos popularity. But no, it's not the best performing one.

1 hour ago, Raspberries said:

Do you ever tire of spewing complete inaccuracies in Taylor threads? 

So because UVST, literally *the* biggest album in the history of Spotify, was pulling more, Taylor's isn't a chart monster? :rip: What is this logic?

Who said Taylor isn't a chart monster? I'm saying her album isn't the best performing album. That is all. It's not even HER OWN best performing album. Midnights did better. Sour did better.

Swifties are so insecure. It's kinda bananas.

6 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

Who said Taylor isn't a chart monster? I'm saying her album isn't the best performing album. That is all. It's not even HER OWN best performing album. Midnights did better. Sour did better.

Not you girl, not you :suburban:

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, More Than A Melody said:

You're just cherry picking now. More tracks = the average streams drop. I know this and you know this 

Poets is her biggest album streaming-wise so far. No, not overall. That's 1989 OG across all platforms and Lover on Spotify, but they had huge head starts 

Poets is holding insanely well on Spotify. It's down a whopping 4% from last week :rip: 

3 hours ago, JoJo said:

Taylor of all people doesn't need hit singles to promote herself.

Pet Shop Boys were right we fear.

• Haha 2

Good riddance I say! The sooner that ear terrorism is forgotten the better. 

it shouldn't have charted in the top 10 in the first place sospacer.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, More Than A Melody said:

How are people downvoting you

She is doing this numbers at the peak of her career. Clearly people in the GP are not conecting with the album

7 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

She is doing this numbers at the peak of her career. Clearly people in the GP are not conecting with the album

The GP can't stop streaming the album, hence it continuing to get 50M+ streams daily a month into its release. There's no "clearer" indication of how the GP feels about it than their ongoing support of this album. :lakitu:

Time to push I Can Do It with a Broken Heart

4 hours ago, JorgeM said:

Do we really need to bring the numbers? Do you really need us to show you how TTPD 25th day is bigger than Ariana first day or Beyoncé second day? Do you really need us to bring your faves numbers? Those are pop emergencies. Fortnight doing 6.2 M after a month and the album 55 M is just excellent 

Who is 'we' tho lol 

To be honest Fortnight maybe wasn't the best single. I can say that even while liking the album. 

Eg my go to TTPD playlist to this day:

TTPD

My Boy 

Down Bad

GaS?

loml

I don't even listen to Fortnight. I love those songs above (and GaS? might be one of her best tbh) but Fortnight bores me. 

Posted (edited)

And EVEN THEN, what I was arguing was WHICH ALBUM PERFORMED BETTER. PERFORMED

An album that got 10M more streams with its first 12 tracks  than Harry's House despite  another 19 more song options PERFORMED better. There is nothing to argue about that. 

yes, of course the numbers will be inherently bigger. Are you slow?

Numbers are bigger because Taylor is eons bigger than Harry. Reputation stomped on HS,

Lover stomped on Fine Line, Midnights stomped on Harry's House and

TTPD would stomp on whatever Harry would release today. No need for excuses...

If 12/13 tracks are charting on Spotify Global, then that album which is charting 92% of its tracks, is performing better than an album with 16/31 tracks charting. That's 51% of the album. Do I need to bring in the definition of P E R F O R M I N G.

This is as dumb as your average nonsense so i won't even bother. 

Also, it's not lost on me how you fully ignored me bringing up Sour.

Soon to be third most streamed album on Spotify. Being compared to top 3 biggest streaming monsters ever, Sour and UVST just shows how of a chart monster TTPD is, once again :clap3:

I never argued that Taylor was flopping. I'm arguing that her album isn't "the best performing one." It's probably the biggest by virtue of its length, being so recent and Spotify growing so much, and of course, her own monstruos popularity. But no, it's not the best performing one

You just tried to undermine her success with nonsense, as always. Back then it was

"she has 10 albums so that's why she is #1",

"her top tour has 350M gross, she won't suddenly gross 500M",

"Harry performs better album vs album" etc. 

... and you are here with another nonsense now. Welcome back i guess.

de4af2e30c00b56df6b2ca8aa4056439c2c1eb36

Edited by WildHeart

1 hour ago, Digitalism said:

Taylor having half the album outside of Spotify Global four weeks in is unheard of. And her lead single being #10?? She's an absolute chart monster and has the biggest fanbase in the world. She's literally on tour right now. They're acting brand new because they don't want to admit it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.