Dua admits being an astrology weirdo

Space Cowboy

3 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

not to mention therapy is a very Western concept based on Western society's beliefs, it's a lot more philosophical than people apparently think

the brain as a whole remains a giant mystery to biologists, let alone mental health

Ironically enough, I don't think most people even realize how powerful the brain can be, and that one solution can be achieved through various methodologies. What is astrology if nothing more than to let our brain reflect through newfound observation and apply these to our real life? That's literally what a therapist is supposed to do for you as well. It's very similar to praying and yoga in that regard. It's just a way to channel your brain into a specific state. 

good points! not to mention just like therapy, with astrology you don't HAVE to do anything. a lot of it is suggestion, and if you feel it's not right for you, you just don't do it. It's not a religion. There are no rules to abide by nor prescribed judgements given to others. the way people get mad about it is strange.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• swissman

• SweetOreosOfHeaven

• AndThenTheCocaine

• kataraqueen

Nod and remain optimistic you guys

:suburban:

• Haha 2

So quirky xx 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Cesar said:

if she would've said she receives her guidance from a priest or some sort of religion. y'all wouldn't have a problem. astrology is harmless, there is some sort of truth to it to a certain degree.

many things from our environment and ecosystems are made possible because of our unique solar system. the gravitational force of the moon literally pushes the tides. it would be ignorant to say that we as humans aren't also affected by the positions of the planets & stars. 

This. I myself am pagan and also believe in certain things, such as that the new moon and full moon have an effect on us. I am an animist and believe that the Earth has a kind of consciousness or a soul. Everyone should believe what they want as long as they don't hurt others. Paganism or things like new age spirituality are just as valid as Abrahamic or Dharmic religions.

Edited by Anthinos
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Post Malone said:

Her rush releasing a personality in recent weeks after realizing having a fanbase is more effective than promo only

:suburban:

don't worry this is just the buzz personality, her lead is going to be great!! 

• Haha 1

Queen of billboard and birth charts!

There's no issue here.

Let Rosie have her bag. 

46 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

not to mention therapy is a very Western concept based on Western society's beliefs, it's a lot more philosophical than people apparently think

the brain as a whole remains a giant mystery to biologists, let alone mental health

What? 

Therapy is NORMAL and that's based on science and peer-reviewed research.

• Like 2

get scammed queen

16 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

What? 

Therapy is NORMAL and that's based on science and peer-reviewed research.

I'm in a top 30 uni in the world and doing my masters in STEM, I know how these things work babe 💀

facts are that we've let go of a lot of knowledge of our ancestors in favor of theories that were largely developed in the past century, and also largely developed with certain ideologies and behavioral preferences in mind

I feel like you also took philosophy as something negative (or idk what else could have caused your response tbh), when in reality most noteworthy scientists in history as we know it were philosophers 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, IBeMe said:

the amount of celebs who seek guidance through astrology, palm readers and mediums is really strange :skull: I get it's a crowd of hippies and free spirits to some extent but damn yall :toofunny3:

Actually a lot of world leaders throughout history have done and are doing the same

I think it's more of a power thing

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cain said:

Actually a lot of world leaders throughout history have done and are doing the same

yes, even Taylor is heavily invested in numerology 

2 hours ago, Cesar said:

if she would've said she receives her guidance from a priest or some sort of religion. y'all wouldn't have a problem. astrology is harmless, there is some sort of truth to it to a certain degree.

many things from our environment and ecosystems are made possible because of our unique solar system. the gravitational force of the moon literally pushes the tides. it would be ignorant to say that we as humans aren't also affected by the positions of the planets & stars. 

the reactions to my post…

y'all ******* mad i speak real!!!  :sorry: 

45 minutes ago, Anthinos said:

This. I myself am pagan and also believe in certain things, such as that the new moon and full moon have an effect on us. I am an animist and believe that the Earth has a kind of consciousness or a soul. Everyone should believe what they want as long as they don't hurt others. Paganism or things like new age spirituality are just as valid as Abrahamic or Dharmic religions.

Well obviously, we're 70% water and the moon has a huge effect on that

3 minutes ago, Cain said:

A lot of therapists are specialized in certain groups of people, so there probably aren't that many therapists available to begin with. You also have to share a lot of personal details with your therapist which isn't needed with other methods, and you also need a proper connection with your therapist.

I wouldn't surprised if these people just genuinely didn't have the right therapists available for them

I also think it's power in relation to trust

25 minutes ago, Cain said:

that's true! I was kind of shocked by how many world leaders were into that stuff. Surprisingly some of the worlds most intense dictators too...like Stalin and Hitler were straight up into the occult in general.  numerical signs, astrology etc..

Astrology actually is very informative, yall should give it a real try (w/ an open mind).  Esp if you get a detailed birth chart done.  

It can't tell you exactly what to do in life (but neither can therapy), but it allows you to understand some of the bigger energetic things happening to us + people around us.  It's pretty fascinating.

I think we've dumbed down astrology too much (see: magazine horoscopes), that some people can't take it seriously.  Which is a shame.   

And yes, I have a therapist + believe in astrology + conscious creation. Point being…there's no need to choose.  Do whatever is most beneficial to your life.  Hell, use ALL the tools :laugh:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, swissman said:

even if you want to get into science, if the moon can affect the largest bodies on earth (the oceans, via tides) what makes you think that our brains being mostly water would also not be affected by planetary movements/gravity whatsoever?

13 minutes ago, Cain said:

Well obviously, we're 70% water and the moon has a huge effect on that

Astrology has nothing to do with science, like… be serious.

Astrology is a pseudoscience and is totally incompatible with real science.

In fact, the force or gravitational interaction that any type of celestial body can exert on us is completely negligible.

Astrology is based on a psychological phenomenon called "Barnum effect" which basically gives very broad definitions that most people can relate to and will associate it to something personal.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

So every time we blamed her dad for poor management decisions we should've been blaming her astrologer instead? :ace:

1 minute ago, Space Cowboy said:

In fact, the force or gravitational interaction that any type of celestial body can exert on us is completely negligible.

Astrology is based on a psychological phenomenon called "Barnum effect" which basically gives very broad definitions that most people can relate to and will associate it to something personal.

I wasn't talking about astrology when commenting on the scientific fact that the moon has an effect on water

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Do you think astronomy isn't a science? You must, if you think astrology has "nothing" to do with science. I agree astrology is a pseudo-science though. I never claimed it was a real science. It does, however, use scientific data (through astronomy).

People often say "astrology is not a science" which is why I said "if we want to get into science..." and mentioned something that is a scientifically proven example where the moon has an effect on something MASSIVE on earth (the oceans). Do you not believe tides exist either? Again, my point isn't that it IS a science, but that science has proven that the planets can affect BIG things on earth, so logically, why not us? 

And if you cannot prove that celestial bodies DO have an effect on us, have you proved they DO NOT?

13 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

This is untrue. I was someone who didn't know if they believed astrological natal charts so what I did was I read that of my friends, I read random ones, I made fake birthdays and read those natal charts, and I read them to see if they could at all apply to me. Not only did it NOT apply to me, it was often the very opposite of how I would describe myself or how I feel about things or react, or communicate or whatever else it spoke about.

We're not talking about Cosmopolitan Magazine horoscopes where they say stuff like "Go on a date, Taurus! Today is your day to show your horns!"... I'm referring to astrology, a thousands-year-old practice of observing the stars and planets, and trying to come to an understanding on how they affect us as humans.

Edited by swissman
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

12 minutes ago, Cain said:

I wasn't talking about astrology when commenting on the scientific fact that the moon has an effect on water

I noticed we said the same thing, and very obviously agree.

I think it's incredibly hard-headed and arrogant to know certain scientific facts like the moon affects tides and then go around outright denying that the moon can have any affect on us when we are... how much smaller than an ocean?

52 minutes ago, Cain said:

Not atrl user ibme criticizing rich people in power for seeking astrology for guidance. Maybe the rich are onto something 

9 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

hmm that's not true. Well-regarded research has touched upon certain mental illnesses having a higher chance of appearing in people born in certain times of year, indicating a link between behavioral patterns and birthtime.

incompatibility between the two would be if the two claimed two entirely different things. in reality, astrology can be best-described as data analytics if anything imo. all they really do is take astronomy (real science) and apply data to it.

7 minutes ago, kataraqueen said:

hmm that's not true. Well-regarded research has touched upon certain mental illnesses having a higher chance of appearing in people born in certain times of year, indicating a link between behavioral patterns and birthtime.

I'm very skeptical of this. Do you have a link to the research? 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.