Radical Optimism debuts with less than 16m streams. What's next?

Relampago.

why is the thread still up if these aren't real numbers but omg :deadbanana4:

where's that Bad Bunny stan @Luckitty

• Like 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Relampago.

• Squall

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Parallel

The album had like three outstanding tracks and are all wasted before release:rip: imagine let your fans waited six whole months just for a very mediocre throwaway album:rip:

• Thumbs Down 2

Poor Dua

But it's baffling that they let her release the album after the singles underperformed. Everyone saw it coming and it's like they don't care..

• Like 1

I have nothing against her but her stans have been such a headache for the past year and a half or so that the underwhelming critical and commercial performance of this feels pretty satisfactory :sistrens:

• Thumbs Down 2

not the predictions being right

moo.png

4 hours ago, Raspy said:

when the official number is even lower then what

:deadbanana4:

2 hours ago, Squall said:

As much as I dislike her, why are you even saying it's official?

Not @D.Va randomly disliking my post, especially now OP has officially posted a fake news :rip: 

The hysterics :bibliahh:

Dua has never been a big debut girlie this isn't exactly news :rip:

• Like 2

what's next, you say?

time to release Radical Optimism (The Tidal Wave Edition) and include "Dance The Night"

:ryan3:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

this isnt even official pls

JWuY4DK.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AndThenTheCocaine said:

The hysterics :bibliahh:

Dua has never been a big debut girlie this isn't exactly news :rip:

No matter how you twist it, it's an awful debut, especially when the 3 pre-released songs debuted with ok numbers.

If these numbers are true she got Katyfied way too early in her career 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Squall said:

Not @D.Va randomly disliking my post, especially now OP has officially posted a fake news :rip: 

It was not about the numbers at all  :lakitu:

It was just for the "As much as I dislike her", which I found very unnecessary considering Dua literally does nothing to be THAT disliked. Everyone is allowed to dislike certain artists of course, it's just that I find it a little wild to mention how much you dislike Dua in that setting and considering all the sis does is going on vacations and have payola from time to time :rip:  

Edited by D.Va
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, D.Va said:

It was not about the numbers at all  :lakitu:

It was just for the "As much as I dislike her", which I found very unnecessary considering Dua literally does nothing to be THAT disliked. Everyone is allowed to dislike certain artists of course, it's just that I find it a little wild to mention how much you dislike Dua in that setting and considering all the sis does is going on vacations and have payola from time to time :rip:  

If anything I was saying that even if I don't like her, the thread tearing her down with non-official numbers was unnecessary :rip: 

Edited by Squall

it's May of 2024,where is the bounce-back her fans claimed last year:coffee:

• Haha 1

She better scrap all side projects, get into the studio, call all her previous collaborators idk Max Martin, Oscar Holter, OzGo, Koz, Andrew Watt, The Monsters & Strangerz, Mark Ronson, Jason Evigan, Ian Kirkpatrick, Diplo, Calvin Harris, GRADES and drop a banger of an album. And it better be coming fast, next year at the latest :cm:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

6 hours ago, MaxMartin said:

It's easier than that , she just needs to make a "loose" sounding album full of Maneaters , promiscuous , good things come to and end" and then some dance bangers ala "the way I are"

is crazy how we all want electro-r&b but no one is doin that yet :giraffe: the first one jumpin to that style will win

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Illuminati said:

Leak Dukagjins nudes. Whatever it takes :jonny2:

Reaction Gif GIF by MOODMAN

6 hours ago, drivers license said:

why is the thread still up if these aren't real numbers but omg :deadbanana4:

where's that Bad Bunny stan @Luckitty

All of his faves tanking it's bad for him

• Haha 2

It's because they're not playlisting French Exit :fish2:

Posted (edited)

And that's ok, 16 million streams don't seem that bad. Like no 1 should have expected an increase in streams or similar to FN

Edited by Phaunzie

9 hours ago, drivers license said:

what's next, you say?

time to release Radical Optimism (The Tidal Wave Edition) and include "Dance The Night"

:ryan3:

:bibliahh:BITCHHH

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Phaunzie said:

And that's ok, 16 million streams don't seem that bad. Like no 1 should have expected an increase in streams or similar to FN

Maybe not at this point in the era but her debut with Houdini crushed her other debuts. The hype and potential was there, it just got crushed :sad: 

Some cute tracks on the album but overall a confusing lack of direction, bad single choices, tragic video for 2nd single… the momentum is lost :chick3: You can tell that at one point there might have been a great album in there somewhere, but her management probably tried to be too strategic and steered the project the wrong way, or there were too many cooks in the kitchen, idk

I can't see her not coming back though, her past hits + Houdini will easily keep her in the public consciousness and on the airwaves until DL4 is recorded. Hopefully her team learned their lesson that some more experimentation and a more streamlined era would pay off

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.