Radical Optimism debuts with less than 16m streams. What's next?

Relampago.

jrAroca.gif

• Haha 2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Relampago.

• Squall

• KatyPrismSpirit

• Parallel

I don't really keep up with debuting numbers, but can someone post a comparison with albums released by MPGs in the last 5 years (excl. inflated TS :biblio:).

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Klein said:

Wait is that real?! :rip:

EDIT: Actually, isn't that just the partial numbers? 

Partial day streams were 5.5 million but the Spotify counter hasn't even updated for the first full day yet so idk what OP is on about

Edited by Kyle-x

I feel like she didn't try hard enough with this era. She relied too much on what she's good at (sleek, sexy pop) and it just fell flat. It feels more like a future nostalgia deluxe ep than an actual new era

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

.💀

Edited by perfectillusion204

She had a good run though. Katy Perry's flopccessor :clap3:

giphy.gif&xs=1&xtz=-240&xuuid=6208a05593

rihannafan

Who cares 

The so called global hitmaker debuting her album with less streams than the 5th track on TTPD.  :coffee2:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Thumbs Down 15

Does she have a TTH deal? I think she will be doing 20M+

Radical floppage 

well

aa-katy-perry-2-off-platform-.jpg?strip=

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

there is nothing to be happy about this, we lost yet another popgirl 

spacer.png

Edited by Mocha
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Erreur2 La Nature said:

Have you ever tried to enjoy music or do you only enjoy numbers ? If statistics are what make you excited why don't you pursue a career in mathematics or data scientist sis ? :clownny:

first and foremost, the album sucks 

so what now? 

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

I just don't understand why she straight up lied about the sound and genre of the album, as if we'd never hear it and realise for ourselves.

Britpop? Psychedelic? Literally where :rip:

Of course the whole era was super mismanaged by her incompetent father and it didn't have any proper hits to help it out. I'll be interested to see her UK numbers since all of the singles went top 10 here and Houdini and Training Season were pretty successful.

I think there's been a lot of criticism of her sonic evolution (or lack thereof). No the singles don't sound like Future Nostalgia (apart from maybe Illusion) but to your average listener, they all just sound like Dua staying in her comfort zone. I think the album as a whole suffered from this too. It was nice but...that was about it. No massive standout moments, just lots of very laid back chilled music, which isn't really where she excels.

• Like 9

These are terrible numbers. Are these USA only or global? 

1 hour ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

this isnt even official pls

I gotta take control of the inevitable dragging threads, so I snatched as soon as I could

We're in damage control mode now love :dancehall:

• Haha 3

36 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

Real numbers will be out in around 3-3.5 hours 

they won't, cause going by the estimates in OP only 5 (3 singles and 2 album tracks) will chart on global spotify

Guys the album is just not as good as FN.

It isn't bad it's just disappointing.

If she wants to be successful again she has to make better music. She already did with FN so it's not like she' can't. She just tried a different direction and it didn't work well.

If anything you should take this as a consolation knowing that she's actually capable of so much better…

Her team and advisors probably suck tbh

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Torturo said:

they won't, cause going by the estimates in OP only 5 (3 singles and 2 album tracks) will chart on global spotify

I have a hard time believing the predicted numbers are true. All the singles from this album so far debuted with over 4M streams. Theres virtually no way that some of the album tracks debut with only 800k streams. Partial day streams only reflect the streams from of parts of Oceania. Dua's main audience is in Western Europe and the UK and our streams aren't reflected yet in the partial day numbers. She will be fine….

at least we hope:kitty:

Edited by KatyPrismSpirit

1 hour ago, playwithme said:

This might become the new golden standard for a flop album. Witness debuted at #1 with 180,000 units. Will this even crack 50,000 units?  

Well she is not Mariah or GaGa or Katy to have a Glitter/ARTPOP/Witness

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Relampago. said:

I gotta take control of the inevitable dragging threads, so I snatched as soon as I could

We're in damage control mode now love :dancehall:

Not you robbing us from what could've been an iconic thread

The era could've at least had that…

• Haha 4

the numbers aren't out yet 

Just now, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I have a hard time believing the partial day numbers are true. All the singles from this album so far debuted with over 4M streams. Theres virtually no way that some of the album tracks debut with only 800k streams. Partial day streams only reflect the streams from of parts of Oceania. Dua's main audience is in Western Europe and the UK and our streams aren't reflected yet in the partial day numbers. She will be fine….

at least we hope:kitty:

you're ignoring the fact singles had great playlisting which helped to get there, only These Walls is on TTH and at #29 (which is reflected in numbers compared to other album tracks, but clearly less than top10 on TTH would be)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.