• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• Kassi

• Disconnect

• TitanicSurvivor

Cowboy Carter > Eternal Sunshine >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Radical Optimism > TTPD

Swifties in this thread trying to convince us TTPD is the best pop girl album of this year when it's not even a good album in the first place. :rip: Ari and Bey could have released albums full of gibberish acapella layered vocal harmonies and they would still be musically superior to word salad lyrics sung with lackluster vocals over stale Jack Antonoff production. The critics seem to agree too considering Ari & Bey remain the only pop girls to receive universal acclaim despite it being a competitive year. 

• Haha 12
  • Confused 2

I much prefer CC, but ES is cute too. It all comes down to preference. They both did well. :clap3:

me not having listened to Cowboy Carter nor TTPD (rightfully so) and can still deduct this to be accurate

• Like 1

lmfao not even in the month it was in 

No, her album is just as bad as Taylor's and Dua. Billie going to be underwhelming too. I wonder who will save Pop music this year 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 10

Dr. Alexander

I agree. It's a great listen from beginning to the end. Pop perfection and straight to the point. 

I can't wait until she starts the album campaign soon and breathes life back into it. 

• Like 1

ES is certainly an easy, enjoyable listen. I'd say it's my second favorite release of the year, but otherwise there's no wow factor like we've come to expect from pop girls.

Minus all of the bloat (interludes), I'd say CC is still the best all around album. The first half is an easy listen like ES, but the back half is fun and brings something new to the conversation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's good but Cowboy Carter>>>

• Haha 1

As a Dua fan I agree

ES

RO = CC

TTDPT 

• Like 1

yes..its the strongest pop album of the year so far 

Eternal Sunshine, Radical Optimism >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Cowboy Bore

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 3

I love how ES doesn't present itself to be ground-breaking. Just a well-crafted body of work of enjoyable carefree pop songs. A proof that you can create a masterpiece without it being "serious", "pretentious" or "avant garde'" :clap3:

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Yes, closely followed by Cowboy Carter :gaycat1:

eternal sunshine wasn't really that good .... most of the other big records released this year are far better

Cowboy Carter exists but Ariana remains second

For me, it's MILES behind CC and slightly behind TTPD, so no. 

34 minutes ago, Kassi said:

ES is certainly an easy, enjoyable listen. I'd say it's my second favorite release of the year, but otherwise there's no wow factor like we've come to expect from pop girls.

Minus all of the bloat (interludes), I'd say CC is still the best all around album. The first half is an easy listen like ES, but the back half is fun and brings something new to the conversation.

The thing is the interludes are there

Yes, it is. Although Billie might take it.

That atrocious horse album comes nowhere close though.

• Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

not with max Martin's production 

Posted (edited)

TTPD > ES > Cowboy Carter > Radical Optimism for me,

but the overall best albums of the year  are Maggie Rogers, Taylor, & Kacey Musgraves. S/O to Kid Cudi & 21 Savage, the 2 of them round out my top 5 albums for the year so far. 

Edited by PoisonedIvy

38 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

The thing is the interludes are there

The interludes are great for a complete listening experience though. They help develop the narrative around the album and they're the most enjoyable on the first few listens.

But once you're acclimated to the concept, you don't need to hear Dolly P talking about "that hussy with the good hair". Same way we don't care about a Saturns return. 

So, to be fair, I'm judging based off of the quality of the songs.

Cowboy Carter (3.5/5) > Radical Optimist (3/5) > Eternal Sunshine (3/5) >>>>>>>>> TTPD (1.5/5)

I can see Dua falling below Ari but to me Eternal Sunshine is such a "3/5" album. Not a lot of HIGH highs, not really any lows, fairly good album and nothing bad, but I don't feel as in love with it as many of her other albums. For me, Bey is the one clearly above them all.

Billie will be above Bey or right after if I had to guess :-* 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Kassi said:

The interludes are great for a complete listening experience though. They help develop the narrative around the album and they're the most enjoyable on the first few listens.

But once you're acclimated to the concept, you don't need to hear Dolly P talking about "that hussy with the good hair". Same way we don't care about a Saturns return. 

So, to be fair, I'm judging based off of the quality of the songs.

ES doesn't need the listener to get acclimated. That's why it's better. Sorry 

Edited by Digitalism
  • Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.