why is Kesha not valued like the other girls from the 10s?

cyberpunkgoth

when we talk about the 2010's pop, people don't talk much about her, when she literally started the decade with tiktok and it was the best selling digital single of the year

and ofc gag order deserve so much more, it was frustrating seeing her being sabotaged 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kellebrity98

• TomTom

• cyberpunkgoth

• VioletsandRoses

Top Posters In This Topic

she owned that year but her next albums and single choices were terrible except die young and praying

• Like 1

The tides are starting to turn, I'm afraid 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

She's literally the definition of a flash in the pan fad... Female Taio Cruz but with less impressive stats.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Down 19

Partly because there wasn't room for both Gaga and Kesha in the early 2010s and Gaga owned that space. And partly because Kesha obviously had the odds stacked against her with what was transpiring behind the scenes.

• Like 2

She had huge commercial success but she never really penetrated pop culture as a personality 

Hate to say it but her hits were kind of faceless

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Down 2

Lets be honest. Love her alot. She didn't make a splash in the music scene since 2013 with timber. 

Wish things were different tho

2 minutes ago, KFC said:

She had huge commercial success but she never really penetrated pop culture as a personality 

i wouldn't say that though, her voice is unique and many people know her besides the fact that she had few big hits. all her hits were so kesha like tiktok, die young, timber 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, kellebrity98 said:

she owned that year but her next albums and single choices were terrible except die young and praying

Warrior and Rainbow are excellent albums, especially Warrior.

• Like 5

She was never on Gaga, Katy and Rihanna's level and I'm tired of people acting like she was.

She had one global smash and a few other local hits, then declined by her sophomore album. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 5

Her first era was interesting. I really liked Take It Off a lot in particular but the stuff she released afterwards didn't really catch my attention. I didn't even know she has like 5 albums, the last song I remember from her is Timber.

1 minute ago, AdrianNicki said:

Her first era was interesting. I really liked Take It Off a lot in particular but the stuff she released afterwards didn't really catch my attention. I didn't even know she has like 5 albums, the last song I remember from her is Timber.

you should def listen to rainbow and gag order

• Like 2

I feel it's based on her image. People really gloss over how huge she was and the little things, like the complete my album feature on iTunes, that she had a hand in.

Hell, even the Simpsons were stanning. They had the same intro for YEARS and Kesha was the first girlie that made them alter it

Had the Warrior era not been as messy as it was and the things going on behind the scenes, I feel like she would've left a bigger footprint. Die Young was at #2 before it got pulled :dies:

Edited by BLΔCKP!NK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Things weren't great during Warrior when she wasn't able to actually produce the album she wanted to plus the unravelling of her behind the scenes issues meant she wasn't in it for anything after Die Young. Also even after she was away from making music with Luke, she was still forced to release under his label, which must have been a loom during these years and took her out of the pop-sphere a bit. She's been quite vocal on socials that this upcoming project is somewhat of a companion to Animal and she's finally got creative flexibility now she's completely free from him and excited about it. With the right material and promo she could resurge.

Edited by Jack!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Because people are tasteless. you can close the thread

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

11 minutes ago, Jack! said:

With the right material and promo she could resurge.

i believe in that too

but the promotion needs to be there

not sure.

dr luke destroyed her career

Hmm I'd kinda disagree. Kesha probably one of the first artists to get a viral Tiktok trend with Cannibal back in 2020 (or maybe even 2019?), she's constantly remembered for being one of the biggest players in the recesssion pop era (2008-2013), she gets a lot of throwback love over Tiktok and her catalogue is so edit-friendly. I do agree though that post 2013 she fell off with everything going on behind the scenes and praying was such a distinct departure from her previous sounds it's like she has to start from scratch now. 

I do think we're due a Ke$hanaissance, along with the Perranaisance later this year 😁

• Like 2

She was a thing of that time and that was it. There's nothing iconic about her. She'll never have commercial success again. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 7

1 hour ago, KFC said:

The Ke$ha party girl image has definitely penetrated pop culture, she was always being referenced in media and parody culture. Iirc people were saying she was a "trashy Britney" when she was first coming up. I think for Zilennials if you say "party like Ke$ha" they'll definitely know what you mean

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, CaptainMusic said:

She was never on Gaga, Katy and Rihanna's

This Is a Lie she was massive during her debut & EP. She literally blocked Bad Romance from going number 1 & she broke some record of all her singles going top 10 consistently for like 3 projects? 

Sure it didn't last long but neither did Gaga & Katy.

Edited by Facelessboy
  • Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

14 minutes ago, popstyle said:

She was a thing of that time and that was it. There's nothing iconic about her. She'll never have commercial success again. 

Ruthless :alexz2:

'there is nothing iconic about her'

Meanwhile 14 years later

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Facelessboy said:

This Is a Lie she was massive during her debut & EP. She literally blocked Bad Romance from going number 1 & she broke some record of all her singles going top 10 consistently for like 3 projects? 

Sure it didn't last long but neither did Gaga & Katy.

Katy and Gaga lasted a lot longer than Kesha what bold face lie is this?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.