Why are Royals and Lorde's recurrent streams so poor?

suburbannature

Let's not do too much on Solar Power (song) because that was a bop though and the GP was tasteless for letting it flop

• Thanks 2

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayseri Mantisi

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• HonourableVomit

• suburbannature

10 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

everyone in this thread will look beyond embarrassing when L4 drops

:rip:

The 2013-2015 was a transitional era and most artists who grew popular that period have faded away (see Iggy, Macklemore, Meghan Trainor, Halsey etc) Lorde is not the only one

The older ppl listen to Lana Del Rey while the younger ones listen to Taylor, Billie Eilish

• Confused 1

I just heard Royals tonight at CVS. Horrid, insufferable song. You can tell it was written by a teenager who thought she ate that.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 3

Because Royals is the worst song on PH, but it's not a bad song

I don't think she ever fully evolved beyond being a teen act. It's also been way too long since her last well received album which was Melodrama. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

She makes no noise even here in New Zealand :rip: It's so odd, there was a time she was our generation's international superstar

the real question is, why is ATRL so obsessed with recurrent streams? just because a song isn't getting a crazy amount of daily streams doesn't mean its forgotten or unknown. especially when streaming has a lot to do with releasing frequently, having lots of media visibility, etc.

clearly lana and lorde differentiate heavily in that front. lana has released 5 (about to be 6) albums since 2017, been featured/ the inspiration for the world's biggest artist, and keeps her name out there by doing brand deals and public appearances. lorde has two albums in the same timespan and does what else with her career?

• Like 3

so sad for her tbh

she used to be great!

Lorde's discography barely has 30 songs… do the math. She's a true artíste that doesn't need go play the streaming game to maintain cultural relevance. How many daily streams does Frank Ocean get? 

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The GP is too intimidated by the quality of her music, I fear 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HonourableVomit said:

I think the global cost of living crisis and housing doom has made it more relevant than ever lyrically. Maybe it depends on the demographic but I don't see how it could be considered poor? 

The lyrics of the pre chorus haven't aged well as nobody is signing about grey goose and tigers on a gold leeches anymore 

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, frankvert said:

How many daily streams does Frank Ocean get? 

Based on Kworb last updated (2024/04/29)

Daily streams: 11,091,249

9rSBmwN.thumb.gif.c0a5c34046fe8519b5d538

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, idkwiam said:

Because her main collaborator Jack Antonoff is a streaming poison :gaynetcat4:

Are you sure about this? Jack's long-time collaborators Taylor and Lana are 2 streaming giants.

17 minutes ago, frankvert said:

Lorde's discography barely has 30 songs… do the math. She's a true artíste that doesn't need go play the streaming game to maintain cultural relevance. How many daily streams does Frank Ocean get? 

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, Mr. Blue_Shirt said:

Based on Kworb last updated (2024/04/29)

Daily streams: 11,091,249

9rSBmwN.thumb.gif.c0a5c34046fe8519b5d538

One of these is not aging well..

2 hours ago, Lady Claire said:

Also i forgot to add that the 2013-15 era of music kinda generated the biggest era of fads when we think about it :skull:

And i don't mean to shade Lorde or anything, but if we see the ones that were on top back then and where they are now...

I think it's because it was the very start of the ãctual streaming era. People moved from iTunes/CDs to Spotify/AM/etc. So the people who made it big in this era did not know how to adjust their strategies to maintain their staying power. The people came after that knew how to play the streaming game (Billie, Olivia, Doja Cat, Dua, etc.) 

Rare cases were Ariana and Lana. 

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
  • Like 1

Her discography I understand that it's forgotten because for me there's nothing there but I'm surprised Royals doesn't pull 1 million a day because it should be a massive classic 

her streaming farm was running on Solar Power and ... well we all know how that one turned out :rainy: 

30 minutes ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

I think it's because it was the very start of the ãctual streaming era. People moved from iTunes/CDs to Spotify/AM/etc. So the people who made it big in this era did not know how to adjust their strategies to maintain their staying power. The people came befiore that knew how to play the streaming game (Billie, Olivia, Doja Cat, Dua, etc.) 

Rare cases were Ariana and Lana. 

It's also the era of YouTube. The songs in this era have massive YouTube views

Maybe because her stans have been busy keeping tabs on Lana and Billie so there's little time to stream Miss Lorde

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Kyoto said:

Maybe because her stans have been busy keeping tabs on Lana and Billie so there's little time to stream Miss Lorde

Literally no Lorde stan cares about Lana or Billie and makes hate threads like this

Have you even seen me or an another Lorde stan directly making a Lana or Billie hate thread?

It's always the otherwise

1 hour ago, Saintlor said:

The lyrics of the pre chorus haven't aged well as nobody is signing about grey goose and tigers on a gold leeches anymore 

life must be so boring to live as literally as you do 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have no idea tbh

she hasn't released good music in 7 years it's not rocket science 

9 minutes ago, ScorpiosGroove said:

she hasn't released good music in 7 years it's not rocket science 

it's actually rocket science if we look at the replies here

so many people lack the basic capabilities of understanding an artist's goal but they're good at interpreting things the wrong way

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.