Why are Royals and Lorde's recurrent streams so poor?

suburbannature

jack antonoff ruined her career

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kayseri Mantisi

• duybeeGAshantiGA

• HonourableVomit

• suburbannature

4 hours ago, Mitsouko said:

I just heard Royals tonight at CVS. Horrid, insufferable song. You can tell it was written by a teenager who thought she ate that.

This, hated it then, hate it even more now. 

• Thanks 1

Melanie Martinez has nearly double the daily streams of Lorde

:suburban:

• Haha 1

Imo she kinda only worked as an adolescent artist. She made her teenager album ('Pure Heroine'), her coming-of-age album ('Melodrama') and then didn't really deliver anything that would interest people.

she's doing fine numbers for the type of artists she is and clearly neither her or her fans care about it :deadbanana2:

ultimately, she didn't actively put out music during the big break of the streaming era, she doesn't have features with big artists to help her out either, and that obviously has an impact on her numbers. it also doesn't help that she's not actively pulling stunts or doing weird interviews to keep her at the eye of the gp.  

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, conquxror said:

she's doing fine numbers for the type of artists she is and clearly neither her or her fans care about it :deadbanana2:

ultimately, she didn't actively put out music during the big break of the streaming era, she doesn't have features with big artists to help her out either, and that obviously has an impact on her numbers. it also doesn't help that she's not actively pulling stunts or doing weird interviews to keep her at the eye of the gp.  

she is literally NOT even using social media lmao this is such a big fact to consider.... like imagine being in 2024, and not having Twitter altogether (other artists at least use a manager or team to post for them, Lorde just has 0 tweets) and she just posts some random Insta stories like every 2 months that's it :rip: haters are insanely obsessed 

• Like 1

the meltdowns :suburban:

3 hours ago, duybeeGAshantiGA said:

One of these is not aging well..

Well it's definitely not either artist's discography 

spacer.png

She hasn't had any moderate hit the past 9 years besides Green Light?

Perhaps the GP forgot about her after her last album release

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

She has more monthly listeners than Carly Rae Jepsen, Charli XCX, FKA twigs, Caroline Polachek, Tove Lo, Kim Petras etc combined but I don't see threads like this about them. 

Now sis I love you and I am very against threads like these but that is simply not true.

Kim alone has 24.45 million monthly listeners, 4 million more than Lorde's 20.35 million. Carly Rae is almost on par with her with 18.24 million listeners, and whilst Charli is quite behind at 12 million, she's outstreaming all the girls you listed (including Lorde).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Streaming numbers tend to be heavily boosted with recent releases and Solar Power flopped into the abyss so I'm not surprised her streaming figures almost appear like she hasn't released anything since Melodrama

8 hours ago, suburbannature said:

For how enormous Royals was, I'm kind of stunned that it's only pulling 344k daily. And Lorde's entire discography is only doing 2.3 million

By comparison, Lana is doing 1.3 million daily with Summertime Sadness and 1 million with Yes to Heaven - two songs with the same total as Lorde's discography. Melanie Martinez has nearly double the daily streams of Lorde. Halsey has Without Me doubling Royal's streams and more lead streams (2 million more total).

Why couldn't Lorde serve longevity in the streaming era like her peers?

7 hours ago, Witnessed ET said:

2.3 million total discography streams is shockingly low considering Pure Heroine's success and Melodrama actually being successful in the middle of the streaming era....but then I also think about the fact that she hasnt/doesnt release as often as the other girls you mentioned, and she doesnt really play the popstar game of performances, mulitple visuals etc. And Royals is like her only big hit and that happened in 2013 before streaming really exploded, and i dont think that song stood the test of time. 

Born To Die is out-streaming 21 and 1989 daily, is it fair to compare it with Pure Heroine? 

Pure Heroine streams are actually good. 

It is out streaming ST, Artpop (or any Gaga studio album since 2011) and Bangerz in spite of Lorde not being relevant since 2014. It is also out-streaming Invasion of Privacy as a random fact.

Prism - 1,617,016

Pure Heroine - 1,264,840

Bangerz - 1,038,755

ST -  845,122

Mind you Pure Heroine was never bigger than Prism, so if it is forgotten than any other album from 2013 is forgotten too. 

Prism - 4.1 million album sales

Pure Heroine - 3.1 million album sales

Prism - 27 million digital track sales

Pure Heroine - 17 million track sales.

As we see she's doing 75% of Prism daily streams while having only having 70% of Prism's pure sales.

As for the rest of her discography we know she has not been doing good.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ithinkheknowsoutsold said:

Now sis I love you and I am very against threads like these but that is simply not true.

Kim alone has 24.45 million monthly listeners, 4 million more than Lorde's 20.35 million. Carly Rae is almost on par with her with 18.24 million listeners, and whilst Charli is quite behind at 12 million, she's outstreaming all the girls you listed (including Lorde).

Obviously I didn't mean "combined" there, I realized that I added that word after you just pointed out right now thanks. I was walking while typing that. To surpass them combined you need to be Taylor Swift or something :rip: what I meant was having more monthly listeners than them, and I see that it's still true (except Kim Petras but they're extremely close, mind you Kim also constantly drops). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aethereal said:

Born To Die is out-streaming 21 and 1989 daily, is it fair to compare it with Pure Heroine? 

Pure Heroine streams are actually good. 

It is out streaming ST, Artpop (or any Gaga studio album since 2011) and Bangerz in spite of Lorde not being relevant since 2014. It is also out-streaming Invasion of Privacy as a random fact.

Prism - 1,617,016

Pure Heroine - 1,264,840

Bangerz - 1,038,755

ST -  845,122

Mind you Pure Heroine was never bigger than Prism, so if it is forgotten than any other album from 2013 is forgotten too. 

Prism - 4.1 million album sales

Pure Heroine - 3.1 million album sales

Prism - 27 million digital track sales

Pure Heroine - 17 million track sales.

As we see she's doing 75% of Prism daily streams while having only having 70% of Prism's pure sales.

As for the rest of her discography we know she has not been doing good.

Very interesting.

OT she has 3 albums.

2 hours ago, tomo said:

Very interesting.

OT she has 3 albums.

2 hours ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Obviously I didn't mean "combined" there, I realized that I added that word after you just pointed out right now thanks. I was walking while typing that. To surpass them combined you need to be Taylor Swift or something :rip: what I meant was having more monthly listeners than them, and I see that it's still true (except Kim Petras but they're extremely close, mind you Kim also constantly drops). 

Even Melodrama's 700K daily are not that bad given the era was not never huge. It is above Lemonade, Joanne and Witness and not far away from Cardi's IOP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Aethereal said:

Even Melodrama's 700K daily are not that bad given the era was not never huge. It is above Lemonade, Joanne and Witness and not far away from Cardi's IOP.

Thank you for being objective and being able to see things from a bigger perspective instead of being an obsessed hater :heart: :clap3:

Probably just because of overplaying.

And also, capitalism WON.

Let's hope the sun will show you the path, path, path :gaycatina1:

We all became royals (on social media)

She's a one era wonder 

lana del rey love GIF

Because she goes MIA between eras and she takes way too much time to release. It's been 7 years since her last release so girlie, move, do something...

I doubt she cares. And despite solar power being a let down from her first two albums, she is still a unique artist where numbers dont mean anything. L4 might be her worst performing album but if the music hits, then that's all it matters for her and her fans

• Thanks 1

L4 coming for 5,000 streams debut and I'll be one of them! :clap3:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.