Dr Luke added as songwriter on 4 songs from Planet Her

professor2000

Ummm….

Dr Luke stealing more credits 2 years after the fact? :gaycat6: 

He was just added to more songs on Planet Her as a :mrpeanut:writer :mrpeanut: ("Woman", "Been Like This", "Aint ****" and "Alone") just the past week (?) He wasn't there before. 

He probably pissed that Doja left him off Scarlet + didn't perform their hits on Coachella.  This might be the beginning of Doja ignoring all her pre-Scarlet songs to stick it to him further.  :noparty:

I need her out her contract immediately. It's a shame Yeti Beats is signed to Luke too, b/c he seems to be the actual driving force behind her hits. 

Credit to @Alex finding this first.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• professor2000

• BryceG

• Communion

• Alex

Top Posters In This Topic

He is not adding himself without actually being there, he was probably just a ghostwriter and it's now getting revealed

Probably his plan of comeback to the industry which many articles also stated before

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/dr-luke-comeback-kesha-settlement-1234806919/

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

he got songwriting credits on 5 tracks (Ain't ****, Woman, Been Like This, Alone, Ride - all produced by Yeti Beats) last year
I think she gave it to him so that she didn't have to work with him on Scarlet

Edited by Nefertiti0
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

He is not adding himself without actually being there, he was probably just a ghostwriter and it's now getting revealed

Didn't he add himself to Kiss Me More despite having no involvement in that song? I heard he wanted You Right to be the lead because that was his song, and when they didn't pick that song he stuck his name on the song they chose instead (KMM)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

Probably his plan of comeback to the industry which many articles also stated before

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/dr-luke-comeback-kesha-settlement-1234806919/

I know what you're referring to…but no that's not it.  

There is no need to be a ghostwriter, when he already had other credits on the album.  :laugh:

In fact, Planet Her was one of the first times he was credited as himself again post-Kesha (vs some nickname…like on Hot Pink).  But it was only NTK and KMM initially. 

This man is taking publishing b/c Doja is signed to his label.  Pretty sure Yeti Beats is signed to Luke as well, so all the songs he did Luke gets to attach himself to.  :!ohno:

Edited by professor2000
  • Like 3

I'm surprised Luke even cleared Scarlet tbh, it's easily her worst project

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 6

3 minutes ago, Nefertiti0 said:

he got songwriting credits on 5 tracks (Ain't ****, Woman, Been Like This, Alone, Ride) last year
I think she gave it to him so that she didn't have to work with him on Scarlet

I HOPE that was the exchange…b/c attaching yourself to stuff you didn't do is crazy.  I get it's all in the contract + Doja willingly signed, so it's prob legal…but still kinda insane.  

5 minutes ago, glitch said:

Didn't he add himself to Kiss Me More despite having no involvement in that song? I heard he wanted You Right to be the lead because that was his song, and when they didn't pick that song he stuck his name on the song they chose instead (KMM)

Yup.

And Yeti and Roget wrote/produced KMM and never mentions Luke as a part of helping create it . 

• Like 2

Yeti is signed to Luke? No wonder he wasn't on scarlet. 

the abuser can stay mad :heart:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

When can she get out of her contact? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kayseri Mantisi said:

He is not adding himself without actually being there,

Didn't she literally livestream her producing one of thr songs he claims to be a producer on? :rip:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DeadInside said:

I'm curious too 

Some of you are so weird :toofunny2: 

She signed all those damn papers after the Kesha incident but now we have to pray for doja so she can ve free from him because she is innocent? Why did Katy stop working with him then? 

She worked with him knowing EVERYTHING but she didn't care. We do we have to care? 

• Like 7
  • Thumbs Down 3

48 minutes ago, DeadInside said:

Kesha was a five album deal, I imagine it's the same with all of the Kemosabe acts. with one more album.

12 minutes ago, Funnyfatty said:

Some of you are so weird :toofunny2: 

She signed all those damn papers after the Kesha incident but now we have to pray for doja so she can ve free from him because she is innocent? Why did Katy stop working with him then? 

She worked with him knowing EVERYTHING but she didn't care. We do we have to care? 

???

Doja was signed before the Kesha stuff though :celestial5: lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, professor2000 said:

He probably pissed that Doja left him off Scarlet + didn't perform their hits on Coachella.  This might be the beginning of Doja ignoring all her pre-Scarlet songs to stick it to him further.  :noparty:

I need her out her contract immediately. It's a shame Yeti Beats is signed to Luke too, b/c he seems to be the actual driving force behind her hits.  

Tbh, the poor overall reception and performance of Scarlet probably boosted his ego a lot. I feel like he's the type of person who probably thinks to himself that she "needs him" for success... Even despite the fact that Paint The Town Red and Agora Hills were big global hits the album itself sadly didn't perform that well. 

But I'm pretty sure she owes him a couple of albums still, I feel like she's probably under one of those 360 deals / 6-8 album contracts as she signed to him when she was still underaged (most of the time when young artists sign a contract, the deal is very exploitative) I wonder if Dr. Luke is going to force himself or convince her to produce for her on DC5.

• Like 1

I really do wonder what made her completely distance herself from Dr. Luke in 2021 tho. It could be the case that she hates her old music obviously and wanted to explore new sounds (even tho I feel like the sound of her first 3 albums feels more authentic to her than Scarlet) OR he is in fact a horrible person to work with and she feels uncomfortable working with him. Has she ever even revealed details about their work-relationship?

1 hour ago, makeme said:

Yeti is signed to Luke? No wonder he wasn't on scarlet. 

I'm pretty sure there was a press release that labeled him a Prescription Pub artists at one point earlier in Doja career.  Maybe I'm mistaken.    

But he for sure is the reason why Doja signed with Dr Luke though…he introduced them.  I bet they regret it now.  :rip: 

Machete
27 minutes ago, Communion said:

Didn't she literally livestream her producing one of thr songs he claims to be a producer on? :rip:

Is there proof of this beyond a Stan Twitter claim? :rip: Because during PH stans loved claiming he has zero involvement in her work when NTK is like such an obvious Luke production.

Need I remind, it is quite literally illegal for Doja to be completely left off the production credits of a song. Maybe he can force his way onto one, but he cannot remove her. 

4 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I really do wonder what made her completely distance herself from Dr. Luke in 2021 tho.

It was clear that there was tension between them from the start but probably had to wait till she has some leverage so she can distance herself completely.

I think the pivot to rap might be the compromise she reached him so he'll leave her alone. He had a similar arrangement with Becky G where she doesn't need to work with him if she's making albums in Spanish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

I really do wonder what made her completely distance herself from Dr. Luke in 2021 tho. It could be the case that she hates her old music obviously and wanted to explore new sounds (even tho I feel like the sound of her first 3 albums feels more authentic to her than Scarlet) OR he is in fact a horrible person to work with and she feels uncomfortable working with him. Has she ever even revealed details about their work-relationship?

Yeah, in Rolling Stone.

So, the distance has BEEN there for a while. He either phoning in his production, or not actually producing at all (<- which Doja eluded to in this article).

I'm willing to give him "Say So" and "Need to Know" b/c he's the sole producer. But the others…I'm not buying it.  Esp after this latest stunt adding himself to songs after the fact.  

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/doja-cat-planet-her-tour-mooo-dr-luke-say-so-1269896/amp/

Edited by professor2000
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, KatyPrismSpirit said:

She clearly has I think a sense of confidence that she's the driving force behind her music and often in Luke's relationships with artists, his desire to be seen as the creative mind behind it all causes tension. 

Doja's initial success was clearly her own work. Moo! went viral as a joke song but then Tia Tamera put her on a lot of people's radars she wasn't before. She seemed fine playing the game, like releasing Juicy, but It's clear Luke probably tried to assert himself over her creative vision at parts and that likely weirded her out. 

His stans forget this man has be said by multiple female artists as wanting to be the star. He wanted to be like DJ Khalid or David Guetta. He thinks of himself as more important than the pop girls themselves. 

He's done this for literally his entire career. 

> Trolling Kelly fans on forums as back as 2005 and claiming Kelly was a liar after Kelly said it was her decision for SUBG to be more rock 

> Posting radio updates for Stupid Girls and claiming it was a flop cause P!nk pissed him off in pushing for it over U + Ur Hand

> Plenty of Kesha stories about the debut and re-release about all the other producers she had gained connections to during the time he basically lost interest in her career and not wanting to allow anyone else on her releaes but him. The whole "six songs MUST be by me" is indicative of that. 

Edited by Communion
  • Like 9

I don't think his involvement in Say So and Need To Know is more than sending her a couple of beats he 'made' and she wrote on them. 

Also the Saweetie and Tyga collabs are clearly stuff she did to fufill the 6 songs he needs to produce every era. 

Edited by bearman
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you read Kesha and others stories yll realize how abusive he is to his artists.

Even if Doja sometimes have shitty antics. You can suffer real bad when youre boss is awful to you. 
Doja Cat been signed for a long time, so he probably has some power over her. Over her contract.
Through years. Secrets. Manipulation. 
Bonnie Mkcee said it a long time ago. Signin with Dr Luke is like signin with the devil.

• Like 8

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.