So why did Adele sell so much in 2015?

prettyinpink940

Just now, Roberto said:

She was just that *****, tbh.

The fact she did it with an 11-tracks album. Others trying to match those numbers can't relate.

Yesss, the shade. U scalped. 

• Thumbs Down 1

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stevyy

• NoName

• Orsay

• Anomaly

Top Posters In This Topic

Because of Hello is the best comeback single of all time. It was a moment in time that no one will forget.

In 2011 she was just another 2 hit wonder but the geepee wasn't going crazy for her actual album 21 until after 25 released. People didn't like seeing Adele on top so they tried to bring 25's hype down by lifting up 21 instead. Revisionist history is real when it comes to 21. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

59 minutes ago, Walk_Away21 said:

Pretty much this. 25 had so much hype off 21 and sold like gangbusters. But it faded her star power a lot since it wasn't as good and then she took forever to release again.

12 million people tuned in to watch a TV special with her during 30's roll out. If anything faded her star power it was what happened when the album dropped and people didn't like the album. 

34 minutes ago, stevyy said:

I would also say that Hello was absolutely epic as the lead single. The song is outstanding. The video is epic too. Those close ups at the beginning... stunning. 

It was by far one of the most perfect lead singles to ever accompany a hyped release. Just pop perfection. 

36 minutes ago, Roberto said:

She was just that *****, tbh.

The fact she did it with an 11-tracks album. Others trying to match those numbers can't relate.

"But but BUT but she's the biggest artist since Elvis. Adele fans should be worried next week" :ahh::ahh:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fleahive said:

Because of Hello is the best comeback single of all time. It was a moment in time that no one will forget.

In 2011 she was just another 2 hit wonder but the geepee wasn't going crazy for her actual album 21 until after 25 released. People didn't like seeing Adele on top so they tried to bring 25's hype down by lifting up 21 instead. Revisionist history is real when it comes to 21. 

Why would you make this up? :skull:

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

People underestimate how impactful "Hello" was, it was an EVENT

• Like 6

Honestly, Hello. There's a reason why Adele said that specific song catapulted her into a new level of fame (so bigger than the 21 era fame). It truly sent the whole world into a frenzy. My neighbor would play it on repeat nonstop for hours, daily. I turn on the radio and it's playing. I go to school and a random classmate I only talked to once would ask me if I listen to Hello. I go on the internet and people are parodying the song and MV, etc.

If she came back with a dud or even just a minor hit after 4 years, 25 wouldn't be a sales phenomenon, just a cute hit off the back of 21.

To this day I don't think any other hits sound like it. I mean sure it's a piano ballad but it also sounds like an epic background song in a huge blockbuster movie trailer or something. Something about the rousing beat and the instrumental and the battle cry-like chorus and of course Adele's anthemic vocals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stevyy said:

25 is eons better than 21

30 was kinda a let down, tho. 

25 is her most watered down album. 30 if people actually listened to it here has some of her best tracks (love is a game, woman like me and to be loved). 19 is probably her best. Her younger vocals mixed with the jazzy sound is excellence. But people don't seem to listen to it on atrl much. 

anyways. There's 2 reasons. She was coming from the biggest female album and 2nd biggest album of all time. Younger people were streaming her songs, adults were buying her singles digitally and the album, while older people were buying cds. She caters to every race, gender, age, sexuality, etc. everytime I go on Instagram stories I see someone posting an Adele song when they're sad. I was walking home and a couple was singing All I Ask at 4 am lol. Second thing is she released it right before Xmas and that was the best time to sell a product. It was an easy gift. 25 would've sold 2m instead of 3m if she released it during the Grammys or the summer time. I still feel like 25 is the reason why she declined with 30. The songs are watered down and too pop. Song songs have soul but you can tell she just made it for radio. The 6 her break also made it worse. 

• Like 1

Because of the global domination that was 21 

i'm sure even those isolated tribes in the Amazon forest were singing someone like you

Too bad everyone ran away and 30 couldn't even crack 1M first week. Next time, I guess. :hippo:

2 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Does somebody have that gif of the 25 discs on the pressing plant?

closest i could find

Adele_Outsold.gif?ex=662db0b2&is=662c5f3

• Thanks 1

The hype was huge huge. Everyone was waiting for her comeback. Hello is the best lead, just it's teaser generated enormous interests. Then the song + video were absolutely massive. Many people were listening and singing to the songs, lots of memes, parodies…. She was truly a world event in 2015.

Because the classic Grammy Under The Bridge exists on it.

spacer.png

she didnt release the album on streaming which forced people to buy the album, she was very confident she can sell. 

55 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Too bad everyone ran away and 30 couldn't even crack 1M first week. Next time, I guess. :hippo:

If there's anyone I want to have a comeback, it's definitely Adele. Everyone was here for 30… Until the album was released, and then people just lost the hype since the general consensus was that it was very underwhelming. I think people were expecting more after she took sooooooo long to release it. 

2 hours ago, Fleahive said:

That's extremely inaccurate :skull:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fleahive said:

That's not true. I lived it. 21 was everywhere. The songs were massive. "Roilling in the Deep," "Set Fire to the Rain" and "Someone Like You" >>>>

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Virgos Groove said:

Does somebody have that gif of the 25 discs on the pressing plant?

Could only get this gif to embed; the others I guess are to old:

AgWB90.gif

http://i.imgur.com/XGRI6OF.gif

http://i.hizliresim.com/AgWB90.gif

http://abload.de/img/adelezja0i.gif

http://abload.de/img/adeleshade2zsiz.gif

http://i.imgur.com/GydQeJN.gif

Why doesn't Atrl do gifs like this anymore :dies:

Edited by Anomaly
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Da Vinci said:

Honestly, Hello. There's a reason why Adele said that specific song catapulted her into a new level of fame (so bigger than the 21 era fame). It truly sent the whole world into a frenzy. My neighbor would play it on repeat nonstop for hours, daily. I turn on the radio and it's playing. I go to school and a random classmate I only talked to once would ask me if I listen to Hello. I go on the internet and people are parodying the song and MV, etc.

If she came back with a dud or even just a minor hit after 4 years, 25 wouldn't be a sales phenomenon, just a cute hit off the back of 21.

To this day I don't think any other hits sound like it. I mean sure it's a piano ballad but it also sounds like an epic background song in a huge blockbuster movie trailer or something. Something about the rousing beat and the instrumental and the battle cry-like chorus and of course Adele's anthemic vocals.

Yeah. They were even playing Hello on R&B/Hip Hop Radio + Urban A/C stations :rip:  That's how you know a song is Massive 

Also, I distinctly remember the promo clip of Hello being meme'd jdklfaj;df d

16 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Could only get this gif to embed; the others I guess are to old:

AgWB90.gif

http://i.imgur.com/XGRI6OF.gif

http://i.hizliresim.com/AgWB90.gif

http://abload.de/img/adelezja0i.gif

http://abload.de/img/adeleshade2zsiz.gif

http://i.imgur.com/GydQeJN.gif

Why doesn't Atrl do gifs like this anymore :dies:

Because there is lack of talent now sweetie. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Happylittlepunk said:

Because there is lack of talent now sweetie. 

Clearly :dies:

Hello/25 had so many iconic gifs made. So did other previous smashes and flops. But TTPD is currently smashing records and… nothing. :rip: Online pop culture is really dead. :skull: 

Hello? ... It's me ♪♫  the snippet started it all and didn't disappoint, having that huge hype behind. 

She was the biggest star in the world, that's why. 

And the promotional campaign for Hello is one of the smartest, cleanest in music. After the hurricane that was 21, she took a little and to have her voice on TV say : "Hello, it's me". Powerful. 

Because we all loved her!

Then 30 was released. 

Edited by Heldenzeit

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.