22 years old Billie lies about not knowing how to type on computer, gets mega dragged

Kayseri Mantisi

1 hour ago, hallucinate said:

i'm a bit confused cause how… i don't think people learn how to type on computer like you just push buttons…

is she referring to something else that i'm not getting

:suburban:

She was searching some YouTube video and said to the interview why she was so slow typing. That was it.

• Like 2

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andresg770

• unino

• Devin

• Sailor Moon

On 4/25/2024 at 5:46 PM, Trent W said:

Typing is something you pick up on your own

Computer clases for millennials were about files, sending emails and programming.

No one has ever teach you how to type on a keyboard or cellphone 

I did a couple of computer "schools" in the late 90s and yes they had a typing class and you were presented a method to follow, but since i had a PC at home i typed on my own way, maybe that's what you're saying? I didn't need to follow that method to type smoothly without looking at the keyboard.

wait they teach typing in school? :rip:

all i remember was that i was 9 or 10 playing games and trolling on forums like nobody's people business :rip:

welp maybe i did get into computer first then smart phone. 

Edited by unino

13 hours ago, fromily said:

We call it touch typing and were taught as part of generalised IT classes from the time we were around... 11? We'd have to type while our hands/the keyboard were covered in a cloth. We may have even had to do some of it blindfolded lol. I remember hating it back then but it's definitely been more useful than times tables ever were for example. But it's also a skill that's been around for ages because of typewriters.

But I can totally see how a homeschooled kid w an emphasis on 'creativity' in the 'learning space' might not get taught that kind of skill since it's a very repetitive/drill style thing. For most people of her generation it would depend heavily on their school's resources, emphasis on IT education at the time etc etc. whether or not they were taught.

But the main thing is that this reads like such a weird 'poor me' sound bite, which isn't what billie needs rn after the whole vinyl variant fiasco :coffee2:

this sounds so intense for age 11 :rip:

As a member of Gen Y, I did learn touch typing in school (or more specifically, we used this software called "Touchtype" I think and read the instructions on the screen and mimicked the way it was supposed to be done). I found it quite frustrating at the time, following ASDF and moving your fingers in a controlled way and using only your thumbs for the spacebar. Later on, I developed my own way of typing by using 4 to 6 fingers without looking at the keyboard (most of time!) and I have getting along just fine. My manager types with only his index fingers and he is rather slow.

OT: I believe Billie meant that she couldn't type without resorting to looking at the keyboard. And as a homeschooled girl who is not going to college anyway, she probably never has to type long essays to submit to any teacher, so there is really no real urgent need for her to a competent and quick typist. I guess it's the same as Michelle Yeoh knowing how to speak Cantonese and Mandarin but not knowing how to write most Chinese characters. It will be somewhat of a sore point but they will still be rich and famous at the end of the day.

I can't read the article since it's pay-walled..but is there more context to this statement? If not, it genuinely makes 0 sense, because the keyboard on your iPhone mimics that of a computer.... so what does she mean she doesn't know how to type? That sounds impossible.

5 pages for this?

spacer.png

On 4/25/2024 at 2:43 PM, DevilsRollTheDice said:

Why are people dragging her? Typing classes have been phased out of high schools all over the country. She clearly means that she didn't learn the "correct" way.

Wait really? How does the avg person use laptops or use their computers at their office job now? Do kids just learn on their own? I guess that's how I learned tbh 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.