Fantano: TTPD 3/10; Anthology 5/10, says Taylor blatantly copied Lana, Olivia, Ariana

Diesel is Desire

I kind of agree but he is such a follower :zzz: He always waits until all the critics have reviewed an album

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackout2006

• PoisonedIvy

• Raspberries

• McNulty

3 hours ago, Burn said:

He's right. The nerve of her to drag Lana up on that Grammys stage when she knew full well the album she was announcing was a cheap ripoff of a Lana album.

I mean if I was Taylor I would be so embarrassed to call myself an ARTIST and accept that award over THE OCEAN BLVD ALBUM, AND IN FRONT OF LANA. At least she should have done sth similar to Adele saying that this award belongs to Lemonade instead of her album but knowing Taylor, she is too proud for that, she even forgot to look at Celine what can we expect?

Edited by duybeeGAshantiGA
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Asscatchem said:

does he count for metacritic ? 

OzUwxZX.gif

you didn't ask but he counts for albumoftheyear.org if he eventually gives a score

OzUwxZX.gif

• Haha 1

I'm sorry, but all this is the perfect promo for Reputation TV. No one would have believed any of it before since she was soooo liked.  But after this week she can even add more songs about how the world's against her. Mastermind.

I'm gonna have to rub those thighs for being brave enough to drag her for trying her hardest to be a talented songwriter like Lana :clap3:

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, latingrl2005 said:

I'm sorry, but all this is the perfect promo for Reputation TV. No one would have believed any of it before since she was soooo liked.  But after this week she can even add more songs about how the world's against her. Mastermind.

The world is against her bc she received negative reviews? That Taylor victim ****-

Clever of him to not give a specific numerical score, which should at least stave off a lot of crazed Swifties. 

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

I kind of agree but he is such a follower :zzz: He always waits until all the critics have reviewed an album

Lol? The album came out Friday and he published the review on a Monday. Plus he has other albums he's reviewing, like Taylor's own companion album. If he uploaded it earlier people would complain he did not give the album a fair chance. 

• Like 3

He didn't lie.

1 hour ago, Chemist said:

Probably cause, unlike some press, he doesn't get the album in advance so he can listen to it and write about it, so it takes time to listen to the album -probably more than once, since he's not just reacting to it- to have his conclusions about it, then record the video and then edit it. 

Edited by alfonso12
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, flower moon said:

taylor after hearing this:

g0Rh9Cl.jpg

Idk maybe she'll just write a few songs about it instead 

50 minutes ago, Blumoon said:

The world is against her bc she received negative reviews? That Taylor victim ****-

Well, social media and all the bitter fans of lesser stars. If ur you were here in 2016, it all started with grammies and it went down hill from there. This year same thing.

16 minutes ago, latingrl2005 said:

Well, social media and all the bitter fans of lesser stars. If ur you were here in 2016, it all started with grammies and it went down hill from there. This year same thing.

"Lesser stars" lol.  Taylor and her fans have mastered being both condescending and superior while playing the victim.  WW tings

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Idk why Swifties are fuming at this review. He was very reasonable with his criticism and it's not like he's the only reviewer to state this album has quite a few shortcomings. He has praised Taylor in the past so he's not a "mIsOGyNisT!11!!". Give me a break. Taylor released a mid album and is rightfully getting called out for quantity over quality. And most people, even some Swifties, agree she needs to move on from working with Jack. It has been stale. And yes Taylor has been biting Lana's style since folklore and it's exhausting when she continues to get accolades and praise for a watered down version of what Lana brought to the mainstream while Lana gets paid dust by the industry. 

• Like 9

What's the score tho? :giraffe:

He is such a king. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tm4074 said:

Idk why Swifties are fuming at this review. He was very reasonable with his criticism and it's not like he's the only reviewer to state this album has quite a few shortcomings. He has praised Taylor in the past so he's not a "mIsOGyNisT!11!!". Give me a break. Taylor released a mid album and is rightfully getting called out for quantity over quality. And most people, even some Swifties, agree she needs to move on from working with Jack. It has been stale. And yes Taylor has been biting Lana's style since folklore and it's exhausting when she continues to get accolades and praise for a watered down version of what Lana brought to the mainstream while Lana gets paid dust by the industry. 

I'm a Swiftie. I really like this album and have been pretty much listening to it exclusively since it was released, however there are a few songs that I dislike. He touched on those songs and referenced the same reason that I had. Those songs are imgonnagethimback, because I find it an inferior Get Him Back, and the two songs about Kim Kardashian, because I am frankly not interested in hearing her reference that. The review came up in a Swiftie Discord and I mentioned that I agreed with a few of his points. The way people JUMPED down my throat.

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Chemist said:

to be fair, if you don't get an advance copy, reviewing 3 days after the release is more than fine. It's actually pretty fast

• Like 1

imgonnagetyouback is far superior than GHB - what an odd comment. :dies: 

And the nerve to say Taylor tried to copy Yes, And? :dies: Of all the songs by Ariana, really?

• Thumbs Down 1

Where's that Swiftie that used to post the reviews by this Fantano guy when they dragged other pop girls?  :eli: 

• Haha 5

It's interesting to see swifties raising the misogyny flag because they can't accept that someone didn't like the album of their fave :dies:

• Like 2

Wack that bastard Pannedtonoff again for me 

spacer.png

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, punisher said:

it's actually so weird how y'all try to paint him as a misogynist, when a female reviewed TTPD for pitchfork she's a taylor hater, when fantano panned TTPD he's a misogynist:rip:

is him doing his JOB which is criticising albums misogyny when he gives mid albums mid scores? like i don't agree with lots of his opinions but i don't go crying that it's misogyny lmaoo. he does the exact same thing to men

in the past few months he's given an 8+ score to Beyoncé, Nia Archives, Fiona, Joni, Pinkpantheress and literal Sexyy Red 

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/ratings/57-the-needle-drop-highest-rated/all/1

true he gives plenty of female albusm high scores

and 7 is a good score :dies: 

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.