Fantano: TTPD 3/10; Anthology 5/10, says Taylor blatantly copied Lana, Olivia, Ariana

Diesel is Desire

5 hours ago, PoisonedIvy said:

He's always been a misogynist, unrelated to Taylor. Even -when- he praises Taylor, he's still a misogynist and his opinions aren't credible. I don't do white feminism so don't try to derail my point.

Also his version of "praise" for Taylor has always been condescending. But that's neither here nor there.

Any specific examples of misogyny? 

• Haha 1

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Blackout2006

• PoisonedIvy

• Raspberries

• McNulty

i forgot this dude existed. why are his opinions important again?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Squall said:

I didn't know Ariana and Olivia owned these themes/words, what a clown :dies: 

They don't own them…(just like you shouldn't be able to ownhi chords)

but they sure did them a whole lot better!

If every reviewer and critic is saying the same thing, is it the general public who just doesn't understand it, or is it the Swifties who can't contemplate that Blondie just may have made a bad album?

spacer.png

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, SlimyGhoul said:

i forgot this dude existed. why are his opinions important again?

They aren't

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blumoon said:

"Lesser stars" lol.  Taylor and her fans have mastered being both condescending and superior while playing the victim.  WW tings

Well, if it's true....not my fault no one buys their music.

Just now, TaggedGalaxy said:

They aren't

Agreed...I have no idea why he's still popular at all. He just seems like a boring white dude with boring way too serious opinions abt music (this describes me as well but...still)

Only swifties think this album is good atp

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LVP said:

He better hide his big thighs cause Swifites are coming for him!

this guy survived Kanye stans. dude literally beefed with Drake. like not his fans, with Drake himself. a bunch of girls and self-hating t*** would be nothing for him. he'll be fine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He had me until he said Taylor copied Olivia & Ariana out of all the people like ***** where? :rip: 

Taylor stans hard Lana but the similarity of their sound falls into the same denominator: Jack. I do think she needs expand her range of producers or coworkers because even if I enjoy their work together, there's no evolution in the sound.

• Haha 1

:pancake:  He is just saying what lots of others are thinking.  Shoot the messenger I guess....

He brought up several good points. I don't fully agree with what he said about her "copying" Ariana with BDILH like just bc Ariana put out a song with those themes it doesn't mean Taylor can't do that too. The lyrics could be better tho, but it's one of the best tracks on the album. Also he praised loml which is correct! About her impersonating Lana, I understand Lana is a huge inspiration for her, she doesn't try to hide it, but can she pls be more subtle with it? When I started playing the album and the first verse of Fortnight came with those Lana-lite vocals (and the annoying Jack synths too, to make it worse) I rolled my eyes so hard.

It's almost troubling how her fans cannot reconsider that maybe the album just isn't good. It has some songs with potential to be great but taken down by weak production, or weak vocals, or not well-realised melodies and yes, clunky lyrics too. Yall were praying for Jack Antonoff not to be too involved in the record just for him to be, deliver the same old lazy production and old tired ideas, and yall praise it? why?

• Haha 1

Fantano is the most pretentious music critic out there, and that's including Pitchfork lmao, I don't know why anyone gives this man the time of day

He could be completely right about this album, I haven't listened to it fully and I haven't sat down to process it, so I can't say, but his opinion is worthless to me because he's just obnoxious in his delivery and a lot of his criticism is him just saying words with no substance. He has given barely passing grades to some of the most universally acclaimed albums. He's just not a serious person.

My most recent example is him including Espresso by Sabrina Carpenter in the "worst tracks of the week" because of the vocal delivery, when the vocal delivery is one of the main reasons that song is becoming a hit.

If he didn't score it then that means it'd be a 1 or a 2. Maybe even a NOT GOOD!

I don't think he meant she literally copied them, rather, it's part of his point that sonically and conceptually - it's all a retread, she didn't bring anything fresh to the table.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Raspberries said:

This ugly egg head thinking Olivia invented the concept of getting someone back in a pop song :rip: 

It's almost like someone thinking that Taylor invented the concept of shouting lyrics....:rip:

• Thanks 1

So when you say something negative about Beyonce you are a racist

when you say something negative about Taylor is are a misogynist. 
when you hate gaga you are anti lgbtq+ etc.

okay ka :gaycat1:

• Like 1

The King has spoken :gaygacat5:

GvBlvy.gif

Is it another proof of how music critique is broken because the reviewers did not take enough time to explore Taylor's depth of lyricism?

:suburban:

He spilled i fear, I also agree that anthology is a bit better

add them together to get 8/10!

716a39a50adb-gettyimages-1637208780.jpg

• Haha 9

His moustache receives 0.5/10 from me and so? Does this worth its own thread?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

🍳

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.