Leigh-Anne - "Forbidden Fruit"

The Slayer

On 4/22/2024 at 1:22 PM, glitch said:

Jade is the only one in the group who can actually write music, so I still have faith she'll actually serve something different to the faceless writers camp'd stuff the rest have produced so far.

not really judging by those rumored lyrics :toofunny3:

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tbhmatt

• The Slayer

• alexaalto

• glitch

Ok this doesn't sound too bad in the latest snippets. It's kinda giving Mabel

32 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

:deadbanana2:

GMMr4AGXAAEhZYd?format=jpg&name=900x900

has she considered the song not being IT:dies: gosh I wish the next single after this will be even a moderate hit for her:heart:  or somehow this just blows up against all odds, pleasee

I sadly don't feel any excitement for this one. I'm not feeling the snippet all that much, but hopefully the full thing is decent.

I still *hate* this one song at a time thing she's going for. I really do think she'd make more noise if she'd just dropped the entire EP together at the same time 

Yeah she should have just dropped it all at once and gave one quality music video instead of five shitty ones for sub par songs.

Pfff i try not to comment not to bring negativity especially to my fav Leigh but wtf has she been recording for so long ... is this the best she came up with ? 

I have to say that My Love is a very good effort but unfortunately she is not confident enough to sell this song.  The rest is pure garbage 

She should have done a complete different approach,  maybe a Selena Gomez Revival kind of thing smth like Good for you , Same old Love ... easy to perform and radio friendly 

I never expected any huge success for any of them ( especially outside UK ) considering they are women over 30s coming from a girl band that was targeting young public BUT at least i was expecting good music 

I like the single cover

This whole thing about her not being ready to release an album is such BS, especially how she feels people will see her as an artist this way, when that would have been done with an album.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Slayer said:

I like the single cover

This is her best artwork so far, it's nice 

it truly is a great cover.

idk about her releasing an EP, her label must be waiting for a hit to launch the album.

out now in NZ

the verses and pre-choruses are actually very nice! But I can't get over the chorus, something about it doesn't sound pleasing to me :dies:

Is it bad i'm already going into this expecting to dislike it from all the snippets :deadbanana2:

don't like the song :deadvision: something really needs to shift with her, like nothing she is dropping hitting or doing the numbers it should

what label is she under? like did they think dropping these random songs was a better decision than 1 album with decent promo?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, The Slayer said:

Is it bad i'm already going into this expecting to dislike it from all the snippets :deadbanana2:

just the lyrics if you wanna check the structure Forbidden Fruit genius lyrics

another song without bridge or different final chorus tho. the verses and pre choruses sound very nice tho imo but the chorus doesn't fit it:sadviolin:

she's lost me completely with this one. who is letting her put these songs out?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, alexaalto said:

just the lyrics if you wanna check the structure Forbidden Fruit genius lyrics

another song without bridge or different final chorus tho. the verses and pre choruses sound very nice tho imo but the chorus doesn't fit it:sadviolin:

So the lyrics are about her and Andre cheating on their partners :deadbanana2: just like her book said…

I personally don't see her label letting her release a album after the EP

Anyways I'll give this a few listens tomorrow! :heart:

The song actually surprised me. It's not as bad as I thought it'd be, but it's still a cute album track and not single worthy. She should've released the EP tonight.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2024 at 7:24 AM, The Slayer said:

This whole thing about her not being ready to release an album is such BS, especially how she feels people will see her as an artist this way, when that would have been done with an album.

what about it is BS? she's being refreshingly honest and the tweet explains it well. 

she's not happy with where her solo material was headed, so she's using this EP to experiment and find her sound 

• Confused 1

?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

So, for those that have heard.. what is the verdict?

4 minutes ago, tbhmatt said:

So, for those that have heard.. what is the verdict?

A cute bop

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.