P4K: Tortured Poets 6.6/ Anthology 6.0

danrich

55 minutes ago, LittleStarmen said:

if they rated a 6 is truly a 4 lol

So Kacey's new album should be 4 too? And Scarlet even 3? Same for PinkPantheress and the list goes on 

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• V$.

• Gladiator

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh it was expected 

Stop trashing Lover, it's clearly better than Midnights and TTPD :sorry:

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

spacer.png

Its a fair score, it could've been worse. Lbr 

27 minutes ago, Kern said:

So Kacey's new album should be 4 too? And Scarlet even 3? Same for PinkPantheress and the list goes on 

No, because those artists don't have big machines behind them that threaten and intimidate publications into giving them better scores.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 2

1 minute ago, Burn said:

No, because those artists don't have big machines behind them that threaten and intimidate publications into giving them better scores.

It's giving Nicki and 4 big companies plotting to bring her down 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kwek_kwek said:

afraid to take risk. 

I don't believe that because she still released folklore/evermore after three albums of unabashed mainstream pop 

Deserved :clap3:

Ohh I know she's mad

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

She was even RTing the bought Rolling Stone review, this gotta hurt... :rip:

• Haha 12
  • Thumbs Down 2

7 minutes ago, Braz said:

not only RS, but a bunch of other ones as well. she probably heard about the score in advance and decided to act quickly. 

she expressed gratitude for the glowing reviews, crediting both the authors and the publications in her tweets with over 90k likes. now, the posts are expected to attract significant traffic for the respective websites — a wonderful acknowledgment for those who offered praise to the album. as for those who didn't, well… here's a helpful tip  :dies:

Edited by conquxror
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Braz said:

She's PRESSED some publications still have integrity!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

The same score as JLo This Is Me ... Now :jonnycat:

• Haha 9

Anthology is weaker lmao. Pretentious Switfies hearing mostly stripped back production and thinking it's ultimately better and artsy is so funny, when in fact it sounds like a bunch of lifeless pop songs

• Like 11
  • Thumbs Down 1

For the people scoffing at "paid reviews" does anyone have any idea the kind of traffic and ad revenue Taylor retweeting a website can bring? I certainly didn't see Beyonce retweeting good reviews.

Edited by Jay07
  • Like 11

Just now, Jay07 said:

For the people scoffing at "paid reviews" does anyone have any idea the kind of traffic and ad revenue Taylor retweeting a website can bring? I certainly didn't see Beyonce retweeting good reviews.

Exactly, the fact she retweeted them only makes it more clear that they must have a deal where they give Taylor a positive review, and in return she reshares the review driving traffic to their website, and bam, everyone's happy!

• Thanks 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Burn said:

Exactly, the fact she retweeted them only makes it more clear that they must have a deal where they give Taylor a positive review, and in return she reshares the review driving traffic to their website, and bam, everyone's happy!

Even if there isn't a deal between them, I imagine a lot of publications would do a good review just for the fanbase support like how Billboard would always overly praise bad kpop albums because it got them a lot of money from engagement

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, conquxror said:

not only RS, but a bunch of other ones as well. she probably heard about the score in advance and decided to act quickly. 

she expressed gratitude for the glowing reviews, crediting both the authors and the publications in her tweets with over 90k likes. now, the posts are expected to attract significant traffic for the respective websites — a wonderful acknowledgment for those who offered praise to the album. as for those who didn't, well… here's a helpful tip  :dies:

Taylor paying for good reviews? Groundbreaking.

5 hours ago, NEUTRON said:

you do realize the same reviewer gave RED TV an 8.5 and BEST NEW MUSIC right?

And you do realize that Red TV and TTPD are completely different sounding albums right?

This reviewer likes the sound of Red TV, and the sound of TTPD doesn't appeal to her because she is not the target audience of the album.

Her musical taste is probably the same as yours.

15 minutes ago, Jay07 said:

This is so shocking and disgusting. People can't even openly criticise her terrible music anymore. Or you praise it and you will be brought upfront or you don't like it and you get nothing. All those people got lots of exposure and money know thanks to taylor retweeting etc. 

she is manipulating the industry and its literally disgusting. 

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, Burn said:

not really, it might also be just signaling that if you review her positively you will get the acknowledgment, a retweet and if your review is negative you will review silence and since most of those sites rely on clicks to make money, it's already a deal for them

• Like 1

I'm quite certain that P4K has a team that listens and give their score then someone writes out the review. So, the score isn't indicative of one person's opinion.

Personally, I think TTPD + Anthology isn't bad, but It's not great. I think an editor was needed. I also think maybe Taylor needs to ask herself "what am I trying to say?" or "what's the purpose of this album?". Midnights wasn't particularly great either but I do think I left with something. The concept was very clear. I also think it executed it well as a pop album. I cant say the same here. You really start to look around wondering what am I doing here.

This is Tortured Poets Department... Now :clap3:

Spoiler

That's fair imo

Edited by tomo

3 hours ago, Illuminati said:

You are supposed to combine the two scores, it's 12.6/10 :thing:

and 12.6 / 10 = 1.26

Meet Gretchen, Meme Queen of the Brazilian internet | by Gabriela Lunardi |  DMRC at large | Medium

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, Jump said:

and 12.6 / 10 = 1.26

Meet Gretchen, Meme Queen of the Brazilian internet | by Gabriela Lunardi |  DMRC at large | Medium

sstzy7vlo9g51.gif

• Haha 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.