P4K: Tortured Poets 6.6/ Anthology 6.0

danrich

21 minutes ago, Santhosh said:

That's my only issue with her 

She can literally release the most interesting album of her career without taking a hit but she choosing to release a blandfest with mouthful of words

She's a basic artist and afraid to take risk. 

• Like 1

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• V$.

• Gladiator

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm seeing more and more TikToks of people reallyyy upset about this album. Non-Stans and Stans of Taylor alike. Even people with POETRY and English degrees are hating the album because they truly have no clue why she's regarding it as "Poetry" when the writing is not near as good as her previous works . :deadbanana2:

I truly feel Taylor needs to do what many artists have done and learn that not EVERY ALBUM has to translate to commercial dominance. Some things are just meant for the fans and it's ok to release an album or two that is meant for JUST the fans. You don't always need to go all out and purposefully dominate every chart just to be perceived as "the best". It's better she learns that now rather than later because she is 10 albums deep (not including the TVs) and she's at a point in her career where she has nothing to prove. And she's still writing, performing, and promoting as if she feels like she does.

Edited by cuteboyzay
  • Thanks 4

Standard one deserved a few points lower, but fair enough score overall. 

• Like 1

Too high of a score. She's like the McDonalds of pop, churning out songs like burgers

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

39 minutes ago, Jaguarqueef said:

You know what, I'm tired of all this MIDnight slander. 

It's not her best pop album, but it's a listenable pop album with some career highs like Hits Different and Maroon. The melodies are varied enough that ever song doesn't sound the same.

It did it's job of being a pop album. Maybe it's uninventive, too glittery pen_y, not dark enough or whatever.

"authentic and sharp" to some delusional Swifties, but to the vast majority it's literal word garbage with stale monotone melodies, verbose song structure, and excessive metaphors.

TTPD is not GOOD, it listens like Taylor Swift on a manic phase and not in a good way. Any self reflection and growth she's accomplished since Lover has been decimated by once again her being in love with a bad boy.

It's her worst album. BY FAR.

spacer.png

Totally agree.

Midnights clears TTPD--Lavender Haze alone is better than 99% of this project

• Like 8

She doesn't even need to take big risks but at least change up the producers :rip:

• Like 2

I'm afraid Dua will get similar score but sadly much less sales and streams

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, rihannafan said:

And will be worse than all of them, thanks poptimism

Spoiler

spacer.png

I see why the girls are stressed :toofunny2:

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, fromily said:

Well tbh it doesn't take that much out of me to share an opinion online (I drink a lot of iced coffee, that could be it?)

Anyway I'm glad you've found so much to love in Taylor's music over the years. Just not sure the feelings you're describing, of feeling closer to her when she's under (perceived) attack, are all that healthy ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its healthy and i`m happy to have her music in my life.

You know who is my least favorite artist? No? Because like a normal person i don`t lurk or talk about them or worry about oh why their fans enjoy their music so much. 

chiliam

• Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Kern said:

I'm afraid Dua will get similar score

I'm afraid she won't 

• Like 1

Ouuu I know the Olivia clock is gonna STING :jonny5:

• Like 5
  • Haha 5

I must confess that I've been having a little cackle at rihanna fans taking jabs in this thread.... and then I realise they have nothing else to discuss for the past half a decade... that's punishment enough for them I think....

iJG3EB4.gif

Edited by mael
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, trainsskyscrapers said:

No thanks. If she just changes production, but pulls a Tyler Perry and writes the project alone AGAIN... it will be worse than that project Reznor x Ross executive-produced for Halsey. :coffee2: Her high school diary has clearly run out of pages.

lol i wrote that cause i loved that halsey's album :noparty: (which is halsey's best album by miles)

i literally said 6.5 as my overall score in my last comment OHHHHH lets celebrate objectivity! 

((altho midnights shouldve been a bit lower than this and im very serious))

Edited by jjmed59

Very fair score :clap3: Pitchfork can be a ***** sometimes but they are a lot more objective than other publications 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chiliam said:

its healthy and i`m happy to have her music in my life.

You know who is my least favorite artist? No? Because like a normal person i don`t lurk or talk about them or worry about oh why their fans enjoy their music so much. 

chiliam

Well Taylor isn't my least favourite artist, I'm just not a fan for various reasons. I still find her and her impact on pop culture interesting and enjoy discussing it on a forum dedicated to discussing such things.

Anyway it's been fun but I have to go outside now so ✌️

29 minutes ago, cuteboyzay said:

I'm seeing more and more TikToks of people reallyyy upset about this album. Non-Stans and Stans of Taylor alike. Even people with POETRY and English degrees are hating the album because they truly have no clue why she's regarding it as "Poetry" when the writing is not near as good as her previous works . :deadbanana2:

I truly feel Taylor needs to do what many artists have done and learn that not EVERY ALBUM has to translate to commercial dominance. Some things are just meant for the fans and it's ok to release an album or two that is meant for JUST the fans. You don't always need to go all out and purposefully dominate every chart just to be perceived as "the best". It's better she learns that now rather than later because she is 10 albums deep (not including the TVs) and she's at a point in her career where she has nothing to prove. And she's still writing, performing, and promoting as if she feels like she does.

this is such an insane take.

You think she is gunning for commercial dominance with a 30 tracks album with average 4mins songs and have long ass wordy lyrics and mellow melodies? 

This is exactly an album for the fans, cause we are the only ones willing to digest all the melody and lyrics, learn about the lore to appreciate this masterpiece. While non-fan can give their two cents about how`s they dislike the album after 1-2 listens and that`s ok. But it seems like a bizarre concept for you that there`s people who actually enjoys this body of work.

• Like 1

reading the word "objective" multiple times in this thread....

iJG3EB4.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, drivers license said:

@Luckitty omg not "less skillfully"

spacer.png

the anthology being her worst rated project by them to date :rip:

at least the tortured poets department is a 6.6. not a terrible score at all.

Funny to see Rihanna and gaga fans here talking about quality in music but I guess it muss be boring not having anything else to do other than buying creams and migrane pills. So, go for it girls, act the fool. 

OT: not surprised, but this her best album and there is not basic, "bop" seeker gay in this world that can change that. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 13

3 hours ago, ToraeGilt said:

Not the anthology getting the same score as PF2 :ahh:

pink friday 2 got a 6.5 so it got higher :gaycat3:

• Thanks 1

Her melodies feel staid, like they are made to fit the music, rather than the other way around.

Agreed.

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.