• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Yog

• V$.

• Gladiator

• Kern

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, conquxror said:

not only RS, but a bunch of other ones as well. she probably heard about the score in advance and decided to act quickly. 

she expressed gratitude for the glowing reviews, crediting both the authors and the publications in her tweets with over 90k likes. now, the posts are expected to attract significant traffic for the respective websites — a wonderful acknowledgment for those who offered praise to the album. as for those who didn't, well… here's a helpful tip  :dies:

This is pretty much paying for good scores. Maybe it wasn't her intention but that's the message publishers will get. Sad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Comedor said:

This is pretty much paying for good scores. Maybe it wasn't her intention but that's the message publishers will get. Sad.

Of course it was intentional. You think Taylor Swift ever does anything that isn't calculated? She saw a few lukewarm reviews and decided to send out the message that good reviews=$$$

• Like 1

I trully don't think taylor paid for the reviews

They just know that giving high scores to taylor or bts will bring clicks to their websites

Also RS is known for giving random 5 stars to artists they like when all the other publications don't. U2, Bruce, Bob Dylan and now Taylor.

The Pitchfork scores makes sense seeing the public reaction outside the swifties

Edited by Digitalism

The Anthology WORSE? I've seen enough

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

They just now that giving high scores to taylor or bts will bring clicks to their websites

Also RS is known for giving random 5 stars to artists they like when all the other publications don't. U2, Bruce, Bob Dylan and now Taylor.

The Pitchfork scores makes sense seeing the public reaction outside the swifties

Other publications not so much but Rolling Stone is clearly in her pocket and they'll just give her 5 stars no matter what. Not that she's paying them but they wouldn't risk the access they have right now for nothing. And their critic is obv one of her biggest stans.

• Like 3

It's a fair score and a fair review. The album isn't bad but it's not great for Taylor's standards. We know she can write better songs. We know her and Antonoff can produce better songs together. We know she can tell a captivating and interesting story in her lyrics. So why is all of that so absent from TTPD? Most of the album sounds like the product of selectively breeding the most uninspired and reductive songs she's put out in the past few years, lyrically and sonically. Pair that with the fact that it's over two hours long and it's honestly a chore to get through. Their comments about needing an editor on this album were bang on. I wonder how folklore and evermore would have been received if they were released at the same time as a 'double album'. 

• Like 7

They're so predictable, I said they were giving something between 6.5 and 7.0 :rip: not even a surprise

They nailed with that score i actually think midnights is more consistent, tortured poets suffers from lack of passion and creativity, she never had corniest lyrics than she did on this album, the structures of the songs also are bad, jack fell off with the production

• Like 1

They didn't lie with the standard being better than ANTHOLOGY, but still somehow Aaron's production > Jack's

Her retweeting a bunch of positive reviews and name checking the reviewers after this is so funny. :ahh: Any amount of criticism really just drives her insane.

41 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

They just know that giving high scores to taylor or bts will bring clicks to their websites

A bunch of 5-star reviews dropping an hour after the album is released and then Taylor name checking the publication and reviewer to her millions of followers does not scream "paid" to you? :rip: Taylor is not handing her album out in advance for reviews, so how in the world did these reviewers listen to the entire 30+ track album and write a review in less than two hours?

You are underestimating this woman's sheer obsession with being viewed as "perfect".

Edited by Sannie
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Flower said:

The Anthology being lower than the first half :ahh:

Aaron Denser stans in shambles :bibliahh:

I honestly prefer the first half as well.

Aaron's overrated within the Swiftie community while Jack keeps getting all the hate :rip:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sannie said:

Her retweeting a bunch of positive reviews and name checking the reviewers after this is so funny. :ahh: Any amount of criticism really just drives her insane.

A bunch of 5-star reviews dropping an hour after the album is released and then Taylor name checking the publication and reviewer to her millions of followers does not scream "paid" to you? :rip: Taylor is not handing her album out in advance for reviews, so how in the world did these reviewers listen to the entire 30+ track album and write a review in less than two hours?

You are underestimating this woman's sheer obsession with being viewed as "perfect".

Not paid with money that's what I meant. 

But it can be favours and sharing the reviews will bring clicks.

5 minutes ago, Disconnect said:

I honestly prefer the first half as well.

Aaron's overrated within the Swiftie community while Jack keeps getting all the hate :rip:

They both suck

Aaron doesn't know how to make pop songs

Jack is a one trick pony

Edit: Also I think Aaron gave her the best demos for Folklore and Evermore but he hasn't been able to keep with the amount of songs Taylor needs in a short time. So his production got simpler. 

This also happened to Jack but he is even worse because he just does the same songs with multiple artist

Edited by Digitalism
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Digitalism said:

They both suck

Jack is a one trick pony

Hahaha are you ok? I've seen you hating in here since the album's release lol.

tbh the anthology is kinda not it but TTPD deserved waayyyy better like?

7 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

Not paid with money that's what I meant. 

But it can be favours and sharing the reviews will bring clicks.

I feel like that still falls under the "paid" category, but I get what you are saying.

3 minutes ago, Disconnect said:

Hahaha are you ok? I've seen you hating in here since the album's release lol.

I'm a taylor fan

Why is so hard for swifties to understand that some of the more casual listeners are dissapointed that the music is bland.

Also I comment like this on every artist release week. I like talking about music in general. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

I'm a taylor fan

Why is so hard for swifties to understand that some of the more casual listeners are dissapointed that the music is bland.

Also I comment like this on every artist release week. I like talking about music in general. 

Ok 

I DMed her the review so she can post it  :alexz3:

Edited by Richie.Valdez
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, mercurialworld said:

Screenshot-2024-04-22-at-8-05-36-AM.png

Anthology I'm so sorry

Peppa can make TTPD but Taylor could never make Expert Daddy Pig

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

They both suck

Jack is a one trick pony

Edit: Also I think Aaron gave her the best demos for Folklore and Evermore but he hasn't been able to keep with the amount of songs Taylor needs in a short time. So his production got simpler. 

This also happened to Jack but he is even worse because he just does the same songs with multiple artist

And Aaron's band released 2 albums last year and both were amazing. He's only giving her scraps atp :dies:

14 minutes ago, Blue Rose said:

And Aaron's band released 2 albums last year and both were amazing. He's only giving her scraps atp :dies:

And who could blamehim

Didn't he also worked with Ed Sheeran?

I know a lot of people write on his band The National but of course he is going to give the best songs for his band.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.