The user scores of TTPD are horrible everywhere. What happened?

Digitalism

3 minutes ago, Burn said:

Swiftys in this thread already not being able to accept that the scores are low because people simply don't like the music. It's that simple. No conspiracies.

So the 3k users that have given these reviews are more representative of what "people" like than the millions of people who are enjoying the music as we speak?

b7654169d23b9c14a11bcf55e88ee200a8796353

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 13

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• WildHeart

• americanshameless

• dejmieeen

21 minutes ago, americanshameless said:

I'd say the user ratings are closer to the truth!

spacer.png

300 reviews in a page like AOTY are never going to be above million of people enjoying an album 

10 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Is it supposed to be higher..?

Yes, one of the best albums of decade (agreed upon by critics, industry and GP altogether) supposed to have a higher score than 68/100.

Do you disagree Aaron, i would like to hear why

david-bowie-2.thumb.jpg.c2391a527e272edc

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Down 5

idk girl i'm on my sixth listen and have no time to check who's angry at an artist for releasing music

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Trainwreck said:

idk girl i'm on my sixth listen and have no time to check who's angry at an artist for releasing music

How did you manage to stay awake?

Listening while sleeping doesn't count imo

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Digitalism said:

How did you manage to stay awake?

Listening while sleeping doesn't count imo

there's this really weird thing called different time zones that you might've heard of at school if you ever attended one!

Edited by Trainwreck
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

Nothing about the quality, it's just haters /Swifties 

:khalyan:

Not users scores, the trenches 

Digitalism

• Haha 1

I don't think the album is anything special but we all know that haters purposely give bad reviews to lower the score and it's not an accurate metric. 

They don't get checks like publications do 

36 minutes ago, TeemoR said:

This is obviously true for both Taylor and Beyonce.

Which makes it funnier that they constantly come for one another and both do they same and are obsessed with getting Grammys 

In Taylor's defence, AOTY users tend to be very particular about what they consider a good album. There are multiple albums on AOTY with bad/middling user scores that I personally really enjoyed and was surprised to see the negative reception. 

I personally love this album, but my twitter TL is currently filled with people making fun of Taylor's songwriting abilities. TTPD will still smash records, but is it too early to say that it might not even be one her biggest eras in a decade :toofunny3:

AOTY is incel driven, Taylor is the embodiement of everything they hate 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, JoJo said:

I personally love this album, but my twitter TL is currently filled with people making fun of Taylor's songwriting abilities. TTPD will still smash records, but is it too early to say that it might not even be one her biggest eras in a decade :toofunny3:

by cherry picking some of her quirky lines, she's just not naturally cool or funny so her humour doesn't really land but when people take those clunky lines out of context to talk about how she's a bad writer... :rip: she has so many incredible verses on here, writing circles around any of their faves

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Aaron said:

Is it supposed to be higher..?

OH boy, the way i choked on my cocktail. well done, sir.

Unlike the "expert" critics, people don't make money to falsely praise yet another monotonous, tedious and pedantic album.

• Thanks 2

Not y'all using two forums full of posers as proof :bibliahh:

10 minutes ago, YellowRibbon said:

Not y'all using two forums full of posers as proof :bibliahh:

Feel free to post real forums opinions. I don't think it will be much different since the reactions by non stans have been similar here on ATRL

1 minute ago, Digitalism said:

Feel free to post real forums opinions. I don't think it will be much different since the reactions by non stans have been similar here on ATRL

Another forum with a few thousand users. Once again I ask you why we should pay attention to the reactions of a few, when we have methods to evaluate the opinions of the general public.

The only site I really use from the OP is RateYourMusic, and the community there is basically an extension of Fantano lol. Not surprised to see it rated so lowly, though with how strongly some music nerds hate Taylor I wouldn't be surprised if a decent amount of the 0.5s are from people that never even bothered to listen to the album.

Taylor's music peaked with folklore and it's been downhill since. Swifties constantly hype her up and eat up everything she puts out which doesn't help and only makes her more complacent. That's how she ended up releasing the turd that some of these TTPD lyrics are and y'all STILL want to claim her pen is unmatched. Please. 

She has too many yes-men around her, and that includes her delulu fans. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, sweetblindness said:

The only site I really use from the OP is RateYourMusic, and the community there is basically an extension of Fantano lol. Not surprised to see it rated so lowly, though with how strongly some music nerds hate Taylor I wouldn't be surprised if a decent amount of the 0.5s are from people that never even bothered to listen to the album.

It's still her lowest album there

WRDGAFATP. Her fans are still digesting the 31 tracks that She is dropped, so get your kiis in. 

Hope this helps.

yhegLx4.jpg

I'm sure there is trolling going on but Taylor's album is definitely more experimental this time around so not every song is going to click right away.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.