The user scores of TTPD are horrible everywhere. What happened?

Digitalism

3 hours ago, americanshameless said:

I'd say the user ratings are closer to the truth!

spacer.png

Britney fans and their conspiracies :toofunny3: Worse than MAGAs

• Confused 1

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Digitalism

• WildHeart

• americanshameless

• dejmieeen

2 hours ago, JorgeM said:

300 reviews in a page like AOTY are never going to be above million of people enjoying an album 

Are you assuming millions of people bought the album after hearing it? How do you know they're enjoying it? 

Fans doesnt have time to do this shittt.

31 songs are a lot to digest lol, no one can give a proper scores for a 2 hours album on the very 1st day.

But the hater clearly have some free time lol.

• Like 1

spacer.png

As she should. Why the hell she needs to partner with anyine who trashtalk her, lol.

And its not like she ever doing interview with any of those publications to begin with. Like this can only apply to The Rolling Stones and thats it. Did Time Magazine and Vouge also have music crictic section?

• Thumbs Down 1

15 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

Are you assuming millions of people bought the album after hearing it? How do you know they're enjoying it? 

He is assuming the millions of people who are currently listening the album 

3 hours ago, WildHeart said:

Yes, one of the best albums of decade (agreed upon by critics, industry and GP altogether) supposed to have a higher score than 68/100.

Do you disagree Aaron, i would like to hear why

david-bowie-2.thumb.jpg.c2391a527e272edc

Folklore's 3.46/5 on RYM is a pretty good score. RYM reviewers are diverse and any popular album will be reviewed by people who may or may not like the artist, the style, or even the genre of the album. The scoring formula also uses a curve that drags the average score closer to the center (2.5/5 to 3/5). By RYM standards, Folklore's 3.46/5 is well above average and TTPD's 2.21/5 is below average.

The top album of that year, アダンの風 (Adan no kaze), has a score of 3.96/5. Scores over 4 are extremely rare and you won't see anything close to 5 for any album that has more than a couple of reviews.

Edited by Stimulus
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mocha said:

AOTY is incel driven, Taylor is the embodiement of everything they hate 

Then why do Folklore, Evermore, Red, 1989 and Speak Now have great scores there? And as far as I'm aware AOTY deletes troll scores after a while.

Swifties just can't deal with the fact that Taylor is losing her touch and no one is able to criticize the weak material she's been releasing recently in front of her.

• Like 3

Tbh if I paid for 4 versions of this album expecting it to be a classic, I'd be pissed off too

:ryan3:

• Haha 3

Just now, Wonderland said:

Tbh if I paid for 4 versions of this album expecting it to be a classic, I'd be pissed off too

pay for 4 versions and still missing most of the project

spacer.png

Yeah but if she does then so does Adele and Beyonce! It's only just starting to feel safe enough now  in the U.K to say you're not an Adele fan without knowingly signing your own death warrant 

11 minutes ago, WildHeart said:

He is assuming the millions of people who are currently listening the album 

If their listening experiences are more valid, as it's being implied, then they should leave reviews as well. Maybe the score will go up then.

:suburban:

3 hours ago, WildHeart said:

Folklore has 3.4/5 on rateyourmusic, that tells all you need to know 

No recent album on rateyourmusic has better than 3.95 and that includes Beyonce and Vampire Weekend.

https://rateyourmusic.com/new-music/

So 3.46 for folklore sounds like a reasonable score to me.

Its not a strong album but taylor swift has a lot of haters? 

26 minutes ago, JonginBey said:

If their listening experiences are more valid, as it's being implied, then they should leave reviews as well. Maybe the score will go up then.

They are busy listening a 31 track album, which takes time. 

Looking at some posts here, people who didn't listen the album is more interested in leaving reviews 

4 hours ago, Taylena said:

Nice review bombing but it doesn't take away from the fact this is a hugely successful and critically acclaimed album.

COPE!

998ecKY.png

kInPERQ.png

ntVR1jj.png

4 hours ago, WildHeart said:

Folklore has 3.4/5 on rateyourmusic, that tells all you need to know 

This is excellent for rate your music. Anything over 3 is. 
People just don't like this album 

Just now, Blue Rose said:

People just don't like this album 

3k people on rateyourmusic*

People aka GP like it so far 

• Like 1

She's getting overexposed.

4 hours ago, Digitalism said:

But all of Taylor's last releases on AOFT  have higher scores

1989 tv: 71

Speak now: 76

Midnights:63

Red tv: 80

It seems like people only truly hate TTPD 

Her work has been unimpressive with the last releases, and Im saying this as someone who listens  to her music

Midnights and 1989TV had fans disliking and dragging them (tbh the latter only acquired an almost 10 point upperhand from Mid, because of its OG)

with TTPD's big tracklist (which is a risk for artists, since it's rare for all of the songs to be great or of one quality) it's even easier to disappoint fans

and Im not taking haters' scores into account, since there are obviously more ppl liking her than hating her

(+fans can always bomb it with poz rep)

6 hours ago, Raspberries said:

Britney fans and their conspiracies :toofunny3: Worse than MAGAs

Did you pull that one out of your ass? Screaming MAGA as a Taylor fan is having zero self awareness :rip:  Zilch

Edited by americanshameless
  • Like 1

Not a big deal. Swifties have done it to other fanbases too.

The swifties are really acting as if its impossible to dislike her and her terrible music :deadbanana: 

Millions of people believe that she doesn't deserve the success she has because the music is that bad. 

stop acting shocked when people openly admit that her music is not for them. And also you guys should shock us with accepting that her music is the worst. That golden retriever lookalike bich. Ew. 

seriously though, this sht album getting all this acclaim doesn't make any sense. The lyricism is the WORST. 

cause it's 2 hours long and it honestly doesn't deserve much higher. as a body of work it just doesn't work

too many snoozefest fillers. lazy, unimaginative production

• Like 1

I don't know.

Seeing the numbers She can make with a track 20 i Hope next time the geeepiii can love her music like they do with Shakira music 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.