Why does Beyoncé never sell as much as Taylor?

GardenPanty

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• futuresuperstar2023

• The 1

• Lose My Breath

• Josh

1 minute ago, Lose My Breath said:

I'm kinda sad they took your reaction privileges away

Can Xtina23 get them back @ATRL Administration @ATRL Moderation Team ?

I can't like this post, so I'll send a heart emoji instead: :heart::heart:

Now I like Beyonce 1% more cause of you

xoxo

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Where did I say any one that? 

in bold: 

14 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Country music done by black artists was fine before Beyonce decided to appropriate or reclaim it. Who tf is she to take it upon herself to "reclaim" a genre she has absolutely nothing to do with? You don't hear these ridiculous claims coming from actual black country artists who have been doing country since the dawn of their career. You know why? Bc their music is genuine so they let it speak for itself.

also

4 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Beyonce didn't reclaim anything. The genre has always been alive and well. Y'all just didn't care for it before Beyonce told you to.

she never said that. anywhere. that's people's interpretation of what she's doing 

and something else

17 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Who tf is she to take it upon herself to "reclaim" a genre she has absolutely nothing to do with?

who are you to decide what she has to do with any genre? 

please close this thread already :rip:

11 minutes ago, Navyboy20 said:

Actually it wasn't. Most of the Black country artists that acheieved success talked about racism experienced in the genre and the depression they experienced because of it. ESPECIALLY Black Women in country (See: Linda Martell).

Really? You don't think it's odd that Beyonce is the FIRST AND ONLY Black woman to have a #1 country album, EVER? IN HISTORY??? That's fine to you?????

And how many are gonna come after? She went #1 bc the song was good and she's Beyonce. That's the whole point. This is not an unknown country black female artist having a breakthrough moment like you're making it out to be. Nor is it a win for black country music. It's literally a superstar's lead single with tons of hype.

Edited by dumbsparce

2 hours ago, futuresuperstar2023 said:

horrible I am sasha fierce type albums

to you your opinion GIF

IASF, they could NEVER make me hate you :gaycat6:

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

in bold: 

also

she never said that. anywhere. that's people's interpretation of what she's doing 

and something else

who are you to decide what she has to do with any genre? 

Not to mention they're ignoring the black female country artists who have been claiming the difficulty they've had in the genre :rip:

Linda Martell's granddaughter has been TRYING to get a documentary made about her impact in country music for ages and has had difficulty with funding UNTIL Beyonce.  It's sad, but it's reality.

Listen to the interview from the 4 girls on Blackbird, they were showcased in country music BECAUSE of their contribution to the album, and even recognized at the CMTs.  Tanner Adell has been all over talk shows because of her contribution to Blackbird. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Where did I say any one that? I'm just pointing out how ridiculous and performative it is that the black roots of country music are only know being acknowledged after one of the biggest superstars on the planet decided to make country. Where were all these thinkpieces 5 months ago, last year, 5 or 10 years ago etc? Why did black country music need Beyonce to reclaim it when there have always been real black country artists out there preseving the roots of the genre but were paid dust by everyone. Don't you see how hypocritical that is? Beyonce didn't reclaim anything. The genre has always been alive and well. Y'all just didn't care for it before Beyonce told you to.

Yes it is ridiculous that country music gentrified Black History and white-washed it for decades. That's an American tale as long as time. I'm glad we can at least agree there. 

And now you're upset that Beyonce is the artist that brought this issue to the forefront of American discourse? Interesting. :celestial5:

there have always been real black country artists out there preseving the roots of the genre but were paid dust by everyone.

Yes Beyonce agrees that's why she featured five of them on her album and now they're all experiencing exponential streams and boosts to their careers. Shaboozey is currently #1 on iTunes. :celestial5: 

2 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

And how many are gonna come after? She went #1 bc the song was good and she's Beyonce. That's the whole point. This is not an unknown country black female artist having a breakthrough moment like you're making it out to be. Nor is it a win for black country music. It's literally a superstar's lead single with tons of hype.

What are these takes?! 

You're reading like someone who believes black people don't belong in country music.

• Like 1

for the same reason bts used to sell over 2m copies first week for several albums. make what you want of that information :flower2:

Same reason she has no aoty

Spoiler

I ain't win (Let's go) / I ain't stung by them / Take that s—t on the chin

and the other has like 5 

the fights in here :emofish:

OT. 

idk but Beyoncé is more relatable to me, i am lavish and a beauty icon, songs like Alien Superstar, Haunted, ITG speak directly to my soul, i connect with them on a very deep level 

most people can't relate to that but they easily connect to universal feelings of love drama, heartbreak, etc, that's why i think Tay sells more albums 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Navyboy20 said:

Yes it is ridiculous that country music gentrified Black History and white-washed it for decades. That's an American tale as long as time. I'm glad we can at least agree there. 

And now you're upset that Beyonce is the artist that brought this issue to the forefront of American discourse? Interesting. :celestial5:

Yes Beyonce agrees that's why she featured five of them on her album and now they're all experiencing exponential streams and boosts to their careers. Shaboozey is currently #1 on iTunes. :celestial5: 

Well I'm very happy for that. I just wish we didn't need Beyonce or any big celeb to point out the obvious. I knew about the history of country music since I was a teenager. And I'm a white European. That's why I'm rolling my eyes with all this "reclaiming" going on.

5 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Shaboozey's breakthrough success 2 weeks after being featured on Cowboy Carter is a direct example of the impact of her mission. :celestial5: Make sure you run over to iTunes and buy his single "A Bar Song" since you're so invested in what's happening in Black Country Music. :gaycat3:

• Like 3

I already know what excuses were used in this thread but its funny because the way the media praises her above others, you'd think she had the biggest numbers of everyone :rip:

This thread just is an extension of exactly what I've known for years.

Racism is alive and well in music

This is the SAME forum that allowed members to call Beyonce and Blue Ivy monkeys, and joke about HIV, and equating being black to having HIV.  Members like @Alexz WHO ARE STILL ACTIVE POSTERS ON THIS VERY SITE, actual MODERATORS said this stuff for YEARS AND YEARS..  Beyonce is the reason they created the zero tolerance policy after the hive were ridiculed for ages.  Remember, this is the site that BRITNEY built......

The sad thing is this is not only evident here, but it's evident on a global scale.  The amount of things on socials I've seen about how Beyonce doesn't belong in country music, the fake anti-beyonce propaganda calling her "country tours" flops, the propaganda saying that Jay-Z paid 2 million to country radios to play Texas Hold 'Em all being touted by Republican-based media outlets.  It's wild 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, shyboi said:

the fights in here :emofish:

OT. 

idk but Beyoncé is more relatable to me, i am lavish and a beauty icon, songs like Alien Superstar, Haunted, ITG speak directly to my soul, i connect with them on a very deep level 

most people can't relate to that but they easily connect to universal feelings of love drama, heartbreak, etc, that's why i think Tay sells more albums 

spacer.png

• Haha 1

hit thread for ms. GardenPanty :jonnycat:

Because Taylor is the biggest solo artist since Michael Jackson. 

She outdoes everyone, not just Beyoncé. 

Like... :deadbanana2:

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Well I'm very happy for that. I just wish we didn't need Beyonce or any big celeb to point out the obvious. I knew about the history of country music since I was a teenager. And I'm a white European. That's why I'm rolling my eyes with all this "reclaiming" going on.

You're rolling your eyes because you're privileged to not have to experience the problems that others have faced

6 minutes ago, KingWitch said:

I already know what excuses were used in this thread but its funny because the way the media praises her above others, you'd think she had the biggest numbers of everyone :rip:

Well they're usually praising her talent, her work ethic, and the quality of her craft. Aside from that, sometimes the "praise" is about her impact, her longevity, and the level of respect she garners. Which actually has nothing to do with having the "biggest" numbers but yall know that and just pretend to be dense so...

Edited to add that she definitely get PLENTY of hate from the media and GP too.

Edited by KingBeyonce.
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Beyonce wishes that too, that's what she has in fact said, unlike that she's "reclaiming" something

3 minutes ago, dumbsparce said:

Huh you just made that up. When has Beyonce claim she's reclaiming any genre for her trilogy project.  🤔

• Like 1

Just now, dumbsparce said:

I just wish we didn't need Beyonce or any big celeb to point out the obvious.

Well that's not the world we live in. In America our artists have a responsibility to uplift our people and preserve our culture. It might seem obvious to you, but if we don't FIGHT to perserve our history it gets white-washed and erased. We've seen it happen over and over again. 

Quincy Jones wrote in his autobiography it is us to Black Musicians to de-categorize American Music. Which is what Duke Ellington told to him. Beyonce is following in a long tradition of archiving and preserving Black Culture. It's not some random vanity project she woke up one day and decided to pursue like you suggest. It's much, much deeper than that. 

• Like 2

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.