Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT'

Almodusa

8 minutes ago, Burqa said:

i don't wanna be that kind of person but this video makes me sick. where were all these people in 2017-2019? get out of my house

true, she has a lot of younger (and annoying) fans now. folklore-Red increased this fan base so much, it's insane :rip:

• Replies 53.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

36 minutes ago, Burqa said:

i don't wanna be that kind of person but this video makes me sick. where were all these people in 2017-2019? get out of my house

You're really surprised that folklore/evermore/Red TV brought more people in the fanbase than Reputation/Lover? :ryan3:

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Burqa said:

I think we deserve a geriatric fan presale with a discount for the next tour :gaycat4:

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Klein said:

You're really surprised that folklore/evermore/Red TV brought more people in the fanbase than Reputation/Lover? :ryan3:

Lover is now her best streaming album and it's gonna stay that way for a long time to come. And Reputation is in the top 40 of the most streamed albums of all time so let's not act as if those albums are somehow massively disliked. We need to stop letting our personal feelings get in the way of reality :ryan3:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Enrique523 said:

Lover is now her best streaming album and it's gonna stay that way for a long time to come. And Reputation is in the top 40 of the most streamed albums of all time so let's not act as if those albums are somehow massively disliked. We need to stop letting our personal feelings get in the way of reality :ryan3:

Then why wasn't she neither more successful nor more acclaimed during these years than what she is now? 

Lover and Rep are definitely successful albums, but they really don't compare, in terms of what they brought to her career, to what came before and after them. 

Spoiler

And they are also not as good as them :ryan3:

Edited by Klein
  • Like 1

Oh The Manuscript the underrated serve you are :jonny:

• Like 3

The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived hitting hard right now :clap3:

Oh ttpd, the career highlight that you are :jonnycat:

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Enrique523 said:

:clap3:(no comment on lover though I really don't like that album but slay)

I'm also so glad rep has gotten a resurgence, it's coming to STOMP on all the haters necks 

I was thinking about rep and max actually and do we really want the guy that still hangs out with Luke to be near Taylor? Idk

Edited by Starchild
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Starchild said:

:clap3:(no comment on lover though I really don't like that album but slay)

I'm also so glad rep has gotten a resurgence, it's coming to STOMP on all the haters necks 

I was thinking about rep and max actually and do we really want the guy that still hangs out with Luke to be near Taylor? Idk

It's ok to not like Lover but i'm just telling basic reality. And yeah, Reputation is a fantastic pop album that would get acclaimed if it was released by ANY other pop girl. Can you imagine if Britney, Gaga or Rihanna released Reputation? Their fanbases would call it the masterpiece to end all masterpieces.

Down Bad

Fresh Out The Slammer

Guilty As Sin?

I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)

loml

These texts should literally be in a museum. The whole ablum should, but these ones literally need to be studied for hundreds of years, and in conversation with each other, in order to be truly understood. They must be preserved.

Edited by Great Username
  • Like 3

nnn with Cruel Summer about a sneeze away from diamond eligibility, Taylor will have what... 5 albums with diamond eligible singles (4 in a row nnn), which is surely more than anyone else, right? :deadbanana4:

I can excuse the Disney people for not giving a **** but can Republic Records please step to the microphone to defend their decision to not keep Taylor's certifications up to date :gaycat4:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Burqa said:

I agree, we need to bring back gate-keeping to the fandom.

Like, do y'all want to fight little 12 year old b****es in the street again for tour tickets? NO! We need a Swift literacy test before tickets can be reserved.

• Haha 2

Is there any chance TTPD will return to the top for the 13th week? :gaycat2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, extra_ordinary said:

Is there any chance TTPD will return to the top for the 13th week? :gaycat2:

It will eventually. Even if it's in October when she is performing in the states again. 

• Like 1

The Cassandra hate blows my mind; the best song she's written about/alluding to that situation, and a large part of the fanbase doesn't like it. :gaycat7:

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1989 said:

The Cassandra hate blows my mind; the best song she's written about/alluding to that situation, and a large part of the fanbase doesn't like it. :gaycat7:

I understand that people say it's similar to Mad Woman (which I agree, but since it addresses an entirely different situation, I think the connection actually strengthens Cassandra), but I love the central metaphor, and as I said literally the day before yesterday, I love the ethereality of her vocals in the bridge. I always think about like... Taylor's ghost floating around singing the bridge when I listen :deadbanana4:

• Like 2

Also the way she poked deeeeply at the hypocrisy of their actions in contrast with their supposed faith... I think that's got to be one of the most personally biting things she's ever written, and y'all just gloss over it :deadbanana2:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Lille said:

I agree, we need to bring back gate-keeping to the fandom.

Like, do y'all want to fight little 12 year old b****es in the street again for tour tickets? NO! We need a Swift literacy test before tickets can be reserved.

I think we should be made to sing the entirety of I Heart ? into the microphone in one take before being allowed into the presale queue :suburban:

• Haha 3

she needs to have active singles to move more units. The reason Morgan has stayed at 70k units for over a year is because he has multiple songs smashing at different times

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

she needs to have active singles to move more units. The reason Morgan has stayed at 70k units for over a year is because he has multiple songs smashing at different times

Country radio is a lot more forgiving of an album going 7+ singles deep than pop or the AC world ever was, but I do agree that the best thing for TTPD would be at least one more after ICDIWABH finishes up (probably in early/mid September if I had to guess)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

Country radio is a lot more forgiving of an album going 7+ singles deep than pop or the AC world ever was, but I do agree that the best thing for TTPD would be at least one more after ICDIWABH finishes up (probably in early/mid September if I had to guess)

as long as broken heart lingers in the top 20 for a bit, and then have gas?/down bad released early in the fall, she will stay somewhat stable. She will cut the album's life super short if she abandons it or releases more TVs

• Like 2

i will not forgive her is GaS? is not a single, but the fact that it's not even on the TTPD set is worrying. she's probably just going with Down Bad...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ms. Togekiss said:

as long as broken heart lingers in the top 20 for a bit, and then have gas?/down bad released early in the fall, she will stay somewhat stable. She will cut the album's life super short if she abandons it or releases more TVs

The fact that it's cleared 5x plat. in 3 months means that it'll absolutely have some inertia and, even if ICDIWABH died tomorrow and she never spoke about the album again, it'll probably be over 7x by it's first anniversary. However, if she plays the era right and doesn't just let it rot, it could speed run to diamond eligibility :jonny5:

21 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I think we should be made to sing the entirety of I Heart ? into the microphone in one take before being allowed into the presale queue :suburban:

And then to cut the number down even further, those who sang it perfectly then have to name and sing a Debut vault track not named I'd Lie 

:suburban:

See (most of) you girlies in the queue 

:suburban:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Prismee said:

i will not forgive her is GaS? is not a single, but the fact that it's not even on the TTPD set is worrying. she's probably just going with Down Bad...

Yeah, usually the songs she thinks could be singles get slotted into the tour before she makes those decisions (I had several conversations with people about Karma getting pushed after the Eras setlist debuted, a month and a half before it got picked), but Guilty might be the exception to that rule because she probably didn't want to sing about getting off to the thought of Matty Healy every night on tour, and since she's not doing talkshows anymore, it could hypothetically be a single without her ever having to play it again :deadbanana4:

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.