Taylor Swift - 'THE TORTURED POETS DEPARTMENT: THE ANTHOLOGY'

Almodusa

I've been away from this thread a bit but I'm still so obsessed by this album. I can't believe it's finally the month I'll see my favorite artist live for the first time. This is unbelievable :chick3:

Spoiler

@Kleinspecial shoutout to you, one week left :heart:

• Like 9

• Replies 47.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wastedpotential

• Dear Reader

• Klein

• Magickarp

TAYLOR SWIFT Fortnight Music Video Teaser (2024)

She really did something with this scene. I ALWAYS have it on my mind when this parts of the song comes

• Like 9

She was on her Fearless bag with this melody. One of the best melodies of the album btw :heart:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Actually, I change my mind. GAS? is better, but ICDIWABH is too universally appealing to skip as the next single. I think it could hit #1 without any sort of remix or boost.

• Like 1

Some Eras Tour mashups for Blondie's consideration:

A Place In This World / Clara Bow

The Outside / I Look in People's Windows

Getaway Car / Fresh Out The Slammer

(All Too Well / The Manuscript)

Just found out that I "won the day" for the first time on Friday, largely because of my anniversa-ME! thread and lots of rep in here. Thanks for the love yall. :heart:

• Like 1

Just now, Achilles. said:

Some Eras Tour mashups for Blondie's consideration:

A Place In This World / Clara Bow

The Outside / I Look in People's Windows

Getaway Car / Fresh Out The Slammer

(All Too Well / The Manuscript)

Just found out that I "won the day" for the first time on Friday, largely because of my anniversa-ME! thread and lots of rep in here. Thanks for the love yall. :heart:

I'll have you know that either of these would send me into cardiac arrest and y'all would never hear from me again :heart:

Oh also congrats on winning the day, that happened to me like twice during my pre-release meltdowns when I was making 50 posts a day in this thread :gaycat7:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Achilles. said:

I won the day on TTPD's release day, this is kind of legendary of me :heart:

But congrats, your ME! thread was iconic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Lille said:

We're not getting any more singles if it's up to her.

We're going to have to brute force Guilty As Sin into being a single, prepare the streaming farms. :bird:

Sis we need to Cruel Summer that song by hook or by crook. I'm ALL IN for Guilty As Sin to be a MEGA SMASH!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wastedpotential said:

I'll have you know that either of these would send me into cardiac arrest and y'all would never hear from me again :heart:

GC/FOTS is obvious given the fact that they're thematically twins but also function as a continuous story. 

Came up with ATW/Manuscript getting out of the shower this morning. I would do standard ATW up through "I'm a crumpled up piece of paper laying here cause I remember it all too well" then launch into The Manuscript in its entirety, then cut back to "Time won't fly…" and finish ATW. :jonnycat:

• Like 1

random but i kinda think the fortnight music video could've been a 1950's- 60's black and white style video with hints of you 

the lyrical imagery is giving me more white picket fences/ depressed suburban wife and less emily dickinson/ literature energy 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

She should've pretended Guilty as Sin was an old song and made it the lead of Debut TV 

Her vocal style in the whole song (especially the chorus) reminds me a little of her debut vocals too

Edited by Saintlor
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Magdalene said:

random but i kinda think the fortnight music video could've been a 1950's- 60's black and white style video with hints of you 

the lyrical imagery is giving me more white picket fences/ depressed suburban wife and less emily dickinson/ literature energy 

I want a fancam of Joe & Love, they exude the energy of that song so well. Hell even the TTPD title track

Have we done a Red VS TTPD yet? They both have 30 tracks, and are 2 hours long :gaycat1: Well TTPD has 31 so we'll have to slap an extra Red song on, probably Safe & Sound to make it hard or Eyes Open to make it less hard

:khalyan:

Touchdown
Call the amateurs and cut 'em from the team
Ditch the clowns, get the crown
Baby, I'm the one to beat
'Cause the sign on your heart
Said it's still reserved for me
Honestly, who are we to fight the alchemy?

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Made it myself :gaycat1: 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Magdalene said:

That's because the MV isn't just for the song. It covers pretty much the whole album's overarching narrative. Starts off where Midnights left off with Joe (chained/asylum) -> Ratty the move on drug (false freedom/still asylum) -> Travis  (breaks free) 

It's honestly her best MV for me, not only is it visually stunning but it managed to capture the emotional journey she goes through in the album. (especially the standard edition)

Edited by Mandalore
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, wastedpotential said:

Wait... it just clicked for me that the reason she used the line "down bad" in Daily Bread is because the spaceship literally left her down on earth :deadbanana4:

My dumb ass hadn't really spent a second of thought on that lyric before oh I hate myself sometimes :deadbanana4:

Anyway, I hope y'all are ready for her to pull a Dalaicate-style radio run leaving Godly ass Hymn to be the GrammyWin Song of this album :gaycat7:

Daily Bread :bibliahh:

• Haha 1

The Smallest Man Who Ever Lived kind of served here. :suburban:

she doesn't need mashups for brand new songs imo.

day 12:

fortnight 9.4 mil

broken heart 6.1 mil

down bad 4.9 mil

so long London 4.1 mil

anti-hero: 8.5 mil

Lavender Haze 4.9 mil

midnight rain 4.6 mil

snow on the beach 4.3 mil

maroon 4.2 mil

you're on your own kid 4.0 mil

fortnight still above anti-hero.

broken heart a classic in the making.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Taylor fanboy said:

Daily Bread :bibliahh:

Clever, right?

:ryan3:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wastedpotential said:

Clever, right?

:ryan3:

Holy I fear. :heart:

• Haha 1

got my friend to listen to at least the jack half of the album. his faves were the title track and broken heart, which kinda surprised me.

partially because the title track is in my bottom 2.

shows there's something for everyone here.

if anti-hero had versions and remixes on the third week, i think fortnight will do the same next week i fear.

23 minutes ago, Migs30283 said:

if anti-hero had versions and remixes on the third week, i think fortnight will do the same next week i fear.

Didn't they already sell CD singles for Fortnight that start shipping on Friday? That probably already has it covered.

• Thanks 1

some bestselling books this year:

Taylor Swift: A Little Golden Book Biography

Super Fan-Tastic Taylor Swift Coloring & Activity Book

Mad Libs: For the Fans: Taylor Swift 

imagine when she publishes a book herself

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.